Chapter 12- I Didn't Mean That One

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

~Andie's POV~
Still sleepy as I wake up, I feel comfortable leaning on a hard surface while being in a comforting warmth of an embrace. Wait a sec.

Embrace?

Someone is... I gently pulled myself up as I was about to yawn until it hit me seeing the person in front of me. Everything just processed in my head instantaneously.

Oh-my-freakin'-gosh

My eyes popped out while locking gazes with him as I noticed that a hand was on my arm and another one on my back. Why on earth did I just got up from Shane's chest? Please tell me I'm dreaming. Tell me this isn't real! I can't be really sleeping on his chest throughout the ride, right? Right?!

This can't be happening. Not now, not ever! Not with Shane Wilhem! He would definitely tease me about this from now on and make me feel more embarrassed with myself. Damn it!

Argh! Okay, this is useless. Screw you Andie and your sleeping senses!

I nervously pulled myself away from him as I tried to contain myself up with a good posture. My hands crossed as they are nervously resting on my lap and I can feel my cheeks burning on fire seeing him smirking through my peripheral vision.

Why am I being affected by this! I should be acting tough and hard in front of him not some soft shy jelly Andie! Seriously, can't this day get any worse? Help me!

I looked into my right only to see a slightly opened door when I heard a heavy sigh from Shane's direction as he gets out of the car.

Out of my senses, someone pulled the door in my side further open which made me startle a bit. It was Shane.

"Get out of there now" he sarcastically ordered. I sighed and rolled my eyes. Can't he say 'please' or 'may you'? Even once?

"Please Shane, I'm not in the mood to deal with you right now. I'm freaking hungry and it's---" he cut my words again and grabbed me by the wrist pulling me out of the car. I tried to keep my sticked to my seat but he's just too strong to hanlde.

I mumbled profanities as he finally made me get down from my seat. He smirked towards my direction and looked away amusingly.

That look.

My heart skipped a beat by his actions and on the serious note, I have no idea why I suddenly felt nervous.

Why am I suddenly thinking that it's kind of cute for him!

Andie focus now would you! You aren't here for that. You hate him. You hate him! Recall the rules! Yeah, that's right, recall his last rule.

'Don't fall in love with me'
I relaxed remembering his words. But hold up a bit. I am not even breaking the rules, right? I just find him uhm... kind of... cute. Fine! I said it! That's all. I would be lying if I say he's ugly. Tch, besides, I still wouldn't be falling in love with some annoying brat like him.

Yeah you heard me. I still don't like him.

I snapped out of my thoughts in seeing a very, very familiar place.

"What are we doing here?" I asked.

"You said you want to eat."

I smirked to myself as we stand in front of our restaurant, 'Graik Pizzaurare'. So we will be eating here? I'm fine with it. Like what they say, 'picky' isn't in the vocabulary of hungry people.

But still, I'm having the feeling that Shane is clueless about us, owning this place. This would be fun. It better be. I mean, there should be something that would turn out my way today, right? I wonder what his reaction would be.

"Hey, stop smiling like that. You're freaking me out" he said nudging me by the arm.

"I'm planning to eat all of what's in there" I cooed

"I'm not asking you why. Be quiet" he arrogantly stated.

Be quiet? Seriously?
He's the one who talked first! Besides, I've already shut my mouth back in the car and I'm not even that loud. I crossed my arms in front of me as I rolled my eyes away from him. Argh, he is so annoying.

Some seconds passed and he suddenly broke the silence, "Hey, you mad?" he softly asks behind me with a nudge.

I didn't bother to answer. He said, 'be quiet', right? Pch, he wouldn't even care if I am mad. He had always been like that.

"Hey" he nudged me again

I finally turned to face him with furrowed brows. Luckily, I didn't jumped with what I saw but my heart did. He looked really sincere. My expression softens as his sapphire blue eyes looked down at me worriedly.

So he really does care if I'm mad? Really 'wow' for Shane, huh. I never thought of him like that. I thought he would be worse but now I just don't know if he really is sincere or just faking it for a reprisal later.

I looked away, "Yeah, I'm mad and all I want now is food." Ok, that should've sounded mad. Yeah, should have.

He grinned, "C'mon, let's go" he replied but before he can even turn his body, I continued, "I think Liam should join us in"

"You're right, of course" he agrees as he went back to the car's direction to call Liam. Ok, now this just freaks me out. Shane Wilhem accepting my suggestions? Another 'wow' for him.

The three of us entered the restaurant as I wear a wide grin on my face.

An employee greeted us as we look for a table, "Good afternoon sir, good afternoon. Oh! Miss Rams, good afternoon ma'am. Good to see you here"

I replied with a genuine smile as he leads us to our table. It is seemly to see the confusion on Shane's face right now.

That look is priceless!

I sighed as we finally took our seats. The waiter pulled out his pen from his back pocket, "May I ask for your order?"

Still observing me, Shane replied, "I would be getting lasagna" he gestured to Liam. "Same for me" said Liam

"What about for you Miss Rams?" asked the employee wearing a wide grin. I saw Shane tilts his head looking like he has a deep discussion in his head.

"The usual" I brightly replied. Ok that seemed to surprise him. This is great!

The waiter nods and walked away while I turned to Shane's direction. Furrowed brows and serious eyes fiercely judging me.

"What did I do?" I asked purely

"The usual?" he quoted.

There it is. So he really is that clueless, huh.

Should I tell him already? Nah...
Not yet. That'd be no fun. I need to know what he really thinks of this place first. Yeah, sounds like a plan.

"I eat here often" I replied

"Me too. But I have never seen you here before" he said crossing his arm in front of him. Liam looked interested too.

"News flash, neither do I." I smirked. He didn't look satisfied with my answer though.

The conversation was non-stop and Shane didn't even bother to make me quiet.

"So, since when did you start going here?" I casually asked

"Since when Liam brought me here when I was eleven" Mr. Haughty say what? This restaurant was made when I was eleven. So he mean, he've always been here since then? How didn't I ever noticed him in this place even once?

I observe him as he eats. He looks so calm and gentle. He really does look like a rich guy. The way he seats, the way he talks. It really is a waste that he can be so chesty most of the time.

"Really? Same here! So what do you think of the food?" I beamed. Ok, that one came out a little too happy. Screw me.

"Is that even necessary to answer?" uh-oh. This is awkward. Why am I even excited for his answer! Ugh, fine.

"Well of course! But if you don't like to answer, I'm fine with it" I said crossing my arms and turning my head to a random direction.

He sighed, "The food's great. Especially the pasta. Everything's perfect and well-served. Happy?" he said sarcastically but I don't care. He complimented our place, that's another wow for Shane.

I looked back to him, "Thanks for the compliment" I cooed

"What?" he asked

"This place is ours" I casually said as I shoved a forkful of pasta into my mouth. Shane looked a bit taken aback as he gapes into my direction. This is great! Told you this would be fun.

"Close your mouth" I bluntly said. It made Liam spit chuckles from his mouth. Damn that look from Shane's is the best!

"You said-what?" he asked

"I said close your mouth" I chuckled

"I mean before that"

Before I could even answer, Liam interrupts, "They own this place"

A smirk crept to my face as Shane's brows raised and gave me a sly look. "Why? Is it really that hard to believe?" I offendedly asked

"Well, I guess so. I've never even expected you to come to places like this so what more for you even owning it?" he defended

I guess he has a point for that one. I just shook my head and laugh at myself.

"But if you really own this place, then why is you name not included in its name?" Wait, he noticed that?

"What name?" I asked pretending clueless.

"I know you aren't clueless. 'GRAIK', it's Gray and Jaik, right?" Ugh, I hate it how he always appears to be the right one.

"Yeah, it's Gray and Jaik. My dad just didn't include my name. Not a big deal." I defended as I shove another forkfull pasta. I swear, I think I don't appear girl right now.

"Why?" I tought he would drop the topic but, I guess not that fast.

"Why do you care?" I sarcastically said

"Why do you care if I care?" I instantaneously asked

Okay? Did he just said that he actually cares? Like really? Did Shane mean that?

By just looking at him, he surely looked a bit surprised as I am. I think he had processed what he just said.

"Uh, what I-uh. What I meant was-uh, I" Shane stutters. He actually stutters!

As much as I want to hold my laughter I just can't. I really can't. Shane looks really stunned and that really is a one big WOW.

Trying not to release a single chuckle, I just can't help it any more. I... I...

My mouth opened and a pasta bomb exploded on Shane's shirt. Oh my gosh! What did just happened!

Shane widened his eyes as his eyes traveled onto me and back to his dirty shirt. What should I do!

"Uh, Shane. I swear I didn't mean that one. I promise." I nervously said not taking my eyes off of his face. I imagined shock and anger from Shane, but his expression right now? This is way scarier than what I expected. He wears no expression at all.

"Young master" Liam worriedly checks. Shane stood from his seat and briefly stares at the table. "Sir" Liam asked again.

There Shane pulled himself away further from the table and walks away.

Please help me! What have I done!
Should I follow him?  Dang it!