Chapter 17- The Mystery Guy

60 Days With Mr. Haughty

"Andie, are you okay?" he worriedly called

I'm trying to catch my breath but it isn't getting back to normal. I'm still here gaping at him like an idiot trying to keep up but I don't care anymore. I definitely did not expect this one coming. Dang it!

Who would have thought that the Hans nerdy Jinson I knew is actually the guy in front of me now who is totally different from him. Someone stylish, handsome and undeniably freaking hot! I've never expected to see Hans like this. Not in my wildest dreams.

But wait! Something odd is still going around here.

It's strange but seeing Hans in this 'Eric' transformation reminds me of some random person I don't really remember who. I know it sounds crazy but I think I have also met 'Eric' somewhere else back then.

Okay I totally lost it. Now I just don't know who really the weird one is. Is it him or me?

And why would he even hide behind those boring image of Hans when the truth is, he really is gorgeous!

I cannot believe what I'm looking at. I want to say something but my mouth is all locked up. Forcing myself to mutter a word, I ended up slumping down into my seat making my ice cream fall to the ground.

"Water please! Somebody! We need water here" he yelled which made me snap into his direction and there I go again, lost with the beauty in front of me. I have to admit, even in the Hans form with those weird disguise, he still is handsome.

He came near me with a glass of water in his hand, "Here" he said handing me the glass.

I took a quick sip from it and immediately placed it on the table.

A guy came to us and cleaned my mess and there Eric-- I mean, Hans, took his seat.

"I think I owe you an explanation" he quietly said.

"Yes you do" I snapped

Finally! I managed to mutter a word.

With my sudden reply, he straightens his back and cleared his throat. "Uhmm--" he said. My brows rose as a signal for him to continue.

"I don't know where to start" he chuckled

I rolled my eyes and sighed. I guess I have to do the honors to start asking questions. I mean, I'm in the position to do it, right?

"Okay, so would you mind if I ask you straight?" I asked

"Not at all" he smiled.

My heart skipped a beat. That smile. It really reminds me of someone. And it's definitely not Hans Jinson

I cleared my throat and continued, "Seriously, who are you?" I asked with a serious tone.

He just let out a small smile but before he could even answer, I cut him out "Hans. Is that even your name?" then his small grin faded

"Let me introduce myself but promise me you wouldn't pass out" he said sounding worried. Why would I pass out? Tch

"Try me" I challenged

"Hi, I'm Hans Eric Jinson" he casually said

As simple as that, it all processed to me which again, left me dumbfounded. I don't think I can take all of these in just one day.

First, Hans showed me how gorgeous he really was. And now he is telling me that he's Hans Eric Jinson, Shane's best friend! What is happening in this freaking world! How did I miss that one coming! I should have known that.

"What did you just say?" I asked trying to grab my last hope that he really isn't Shane's friend. I mean, does these all have to revolve around Shane's world? Like, really?

"I said, I'm Hans Eric Jinson. Shane's friend" he cleared

Then my world crashed. What is this all about! Is he and Shane playing with me all these time?

No, it can't be. The Hans Eric Jinson, mostly known as Eric, the silent type from Shane's circle of friends has left our school over I don't know, one and a half year ago maybe. I'm not so sure.

Whatever. Since he is one of Shane's friends and obviously have tricked me, I don't want to know anything more. I've heard enough. I've got to leave here.

I stood from my seat again but this time he didn't do the same thing. Instead, he just sighed and mutter words that made my heart itch, "Go ahead. Leave me also" he smiled but with sadness evident in his tone and his eyes says it all. As if he was used of people leaving him behind and I don't want to make him feel that way.

I suddenly felt worried about him. I know I shouldn't care but something inside me tells me that he needs me. Then finally he spoke up.

"Don't leave me here please. I know I've lied to you but at least listen to me so I can explain everything. I promise to tell only the truth. The truth I know"

Well I would be lying if say that I'm not itching for answers why he did these and that but truthfully saying, I just wanted to comfort him. There's no reason why but I just feel like I have to. At least as his friend.

I sat back on my chair without muttering a word to him so he just started, "I know that you probably knew I'm friends with Shane back then. You might have known Jade Mia Frell too"

Jade Frell, the silent beauty who left our school? I haven't seen her for so long now. What does she have to do with him now...

I just nodded in reply.

"Shane and I like her" he stated

My brows furrowed and mouth opened searching a word to say. Shane likes Jade Frell? I didn't know that. But pch, like I care.

He might have seen the slight shock in my face so he continued, "Well I kind of need to rephrase that. I liked her. Shane and I even fought each other thinking someone would win her. But it was a very useless and lame fight. I thought we were fighting over something we really want but the truth is, our fight was useless and just made nothing but to break our friendship. It was all trashed" he said with despair evident in his tone

"What do you mean? How did everything get into trash?" I finally spoke

He tried to pulled out a small smile, but I know he just don't want to make me feel sorry for him

"You really want to know the whole story?" he asked with amusement

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to interfere in your personal life. Y-you don't have to say it if you don't want to. I'm just here to listen" I stuttered

He chuckled, "Exactly what I need. Someone willing to listen"

I just lowered my head not knowing what to say.

"Shane has a brother, Alex. He moved to other school leaving us no reason why he did. Two weeks after that the fight between Shane and I happened making Jade also leave our school. We all thought Jade left because of that so I followed her. I tried my best to win her heart but after almost a year, she admitted something to me." he calmly said while looking out of the window.

It was a long pause so I thought maybe he doesn't want to continue the story. It was getting awkward until he finally continued, "She didn't left because of our fight. She left to follow Alex. Then I realized how dumb I was to waste the friendship Shane and I both had for some stupid thing we thought is worth fighting for."

"Wow, that was... harsh. I-uhh hope you don't mind but is Jade and Alex together now?" I asked curiously. Don't get me wrong, I was just thinking; if Jade and Alex are finally together now, there might be a chance that Eric and Shane's friendship be restored, right?

"I'm not getting any news about them since I moved back here. I don't really know if Alex likes Jade too. He never tell. All I know is that he left our school right after he found out that Jade likes him. I'm not so sure if that's even the reason why he left. Maybe he has planned about leaving already even before he found that out. Alex has just been the most secretive from the four of us, you know" he said crossing his arms

"Oh, I see. But, speaking about the 'four of you', is Matthew Andrews even involved in this crazy picture?" I asked. I just realized how Matt isn't being mentioned by him that much. I mean, he definitely knew Matt, right?

He just snorted and continued, "Matt is like Shane's best bud among the three of us. I mean, Alex, Matthew and I. Matt is like Shane's most loyal freak. Before, I also thought that Matt had this slight crush with Jade but of course, he didn't dare to fight against his king so I guess he tried his best to back off of her"

"Hey don't be mean. Maybe Matt just doesn't really have any special feelings for Jade." I defended

"Why so defensive? Do you like Matt?" he teased

"This isn't about me Eric. I don't like anyone for so you know" I annoyingly said

"As you say so." he sang

"So, getting back to the topic, you said Matt is Shane's best bud. But why not Alex, his own brother?" I simply stirred the topic away from me

He chuckled, "I don't think I'm in the position to share it to you. I am supposed to tell you about myself, not about the Wilhems' story"

"Oh, I understand. I'm sorry, I didn't know that would be that sensitive for you" I said

"Not for me but for the Wilhems" he replied

He's being cocky again, little by little and I hate it.

"Okay so you want to talk only about yourself, huh?" I teased

"Yeah sure, ask whatever you want to know. Only about me, of course"

"Okay, so why would you hide your Eric image in school and appear as the nerdy Hans?"

 

CONTINUE READING THIS CHAPTER? CLICK HERE!