Where Is Home?

Red Threads

"Sera-sshi! Sera-sshi! Wake up!" Seungyoon shook Sera, trying to get her to wake up, to answer the burning questions he had. "Anything wrong?" A colleague asked. "Nothing! I'm just trying to wake her up so she can join in the fun! Sing! Hahaha!" Seungyoon laughed nervously. "She's all passed out, don't bother!" Jinah told Seungyoon to give up. "Speaking of singing, you haven't sang, have you? Come on!" Jinah shoved the mic to Seungyoon. "Don't act flustered, we all know how well you sing!" Seungyoon was still stunned at the long string of surprises as he got pushed to the front. "Sing! Sing!" Everyone chanted. "I haven't even chosen a song and you pushed me here!" Seungyoon protested. "Choose now then!" Hana, their colleague, cheered. Seungyoon looked at the screen and gulped.

Seungyoon's rock delivery of Yoon Jongshin's "Instinctively" had everyone hooked right at the first sentence. "What..." Sera woke up with a start, halfway through the song. "Ah, my eyes!" She rubbed her eyes blearily. She heard a familiar song. Yoon Jongshin? No, this voice isn't sweet and smooth. "Who is it!?" Sera demanded in a drunken stupor. She tried to steady her spinning head. "Nae saeng choego eui sarangilji michin sarang eui shijakilji..." Seungyoon sang, the rough voice filled Sera's ears. It was rough, like an unpolished diamond, raw and sincere. Even when drunk, Sera appreciated the good music. "Who is it?" Sera mumbled before her bleary eyes finally cleared. "Seungyoon oppa?"

Seungyoon had moved on to the rap part of the song, so engrossed in it he didn't even notice Sera wake. Seungyoon oppa raps? Sera thought. "You're doing well!" She cheered and clapped loudly. "Look who's awake." Jinah remarked. "You're doing great!" Sera continued cheering loudly. "She's still drunk." Jinah noted. Seungyoon looked at Sera, shocked, but that didn't deter him from putting on a good performance. The rap has finished, and he sang again.

Wow, he sings really well. He raps well too. Sera slumped against the chair, exhausted, and decided to sit still and listen. He really is so cool. Sera's flushed cheeks turned even brighter. "Seungyoon oppa, you're doing so well! As expected of my destiny!" Sera yelled."What? What did she just say?" No one actually paid much attention to what she was saying, and they were convinced they heard wrongly. But not Seungyoon. "She's drunk! She's talking gibberish! Haha!" Seungyoon laughed nervously, before deciding he should just continue singing to drown out anything Sera could potentially say.

"Sera is really drunk, she can't go home alone." Jinah remarked. "I can send her home. We live in the same neighbourhood." Seungyoon offered. "That..." Jinah hesitated. Though she knew very well that Seungyoon was a gentleman, she also knew that before that, he was a man. "Does she live with her parents?" Jinah asked. "She lives alone." Seungyoon answered. "I know what you're worried about, but you have to send Hana home too. I'll give you a call once I reach her house." Jinah bit on her lip as she thought. "Once she's more sober, get her to call me."

"What's your address?" Seungyoon decided that this question was more pressing than the rest of the questions about how she could see the red threads. "I live at my house!" Sera declared proudly. Seungyoon shook his head at the upteenth time he failed to get her address. He fished around her purse for her identity card, but the address on it clearly wasn't where she was staying. "Mapo-gu? Is that where your family stays? I'll take you there—" Seungyoon offered, but was cut off.

"No! I don't want to go there!""Why?"

"I hate that place! My dad and that woman is there! I don't want to go there!" Sera shouted, before switching to a pleading tone. "Please don't take me there. Please." Seungyoon looked around. Jinah and Hana were gone, and he had no one to ask. He looked at Sera, who had just managed to balance herself on her two feet and already looked ready to cry. He sighed, knowing he had no other choice.

"Ahjusshi," Seungyoon addressed the Taxi driver. "Please take us to Taepyung Street Section 2, Building 32-3."