Yuelao

Red Threads

"That's cute and all, you guys, but we have to move on." Despite the gruff tone, Minho wore a big smile on his face. He realised how cute they were together, and came to the conclusion that no matter what, he could never come between them.

"I'm really alone then." Minho smiled, followed by a sigh. Seeing the two walk together hand in hand was way better than that awkward iciness previously anyway.

 


 

"Alright, it's supposed to be here!" Minho announced triumphantly, scanning the crowd for an ancient Chinese man carrying a big book who most likely has a beard and also is most likely fictional. He didn't see anyone like that.

"I don't see Yuelao." Seungyoon scoured the crowd while Sera tiptoed and tried to look past the crowd.

"I don't see him too." Sera announced dejectedly.

Deflated, the trio stared at each other at a loss for words after walking around the vicinity trying to locate Yuelao. There they were at the bottom of the moon, trying to find someone that never existed.

"Sorry guys. I shouldn't have suggested this. This is stupid." Minho pouted, kicking the dust on the floor.

"It's okay, Minho. You were just trying to help." Seungyoon consoled Minho despite earlier complaints.

"Yeah it's okay. Too bad that this is the only moon. The only place he could be at." Sera smiled.

"Wait. This is not the only moon here." Minho's creative and also eccentric train of thoughts led him to think of another place. "There's a kindergarten here called 'Half-moon Friends'." Minho mumbled. "Okay, sorry. That's stupid and impossible, what am I even thinking about?"

"A kindergarten? Why not? We're out anyway. Might as well go all out." Sera beamed.

"Go big or go home." Seungyoon agreed.

 


 

However, at Half-moon Friends, Yuelao was nowhere to be found as well.

"There's no one here. It's nighttime, there are no kids here. There's an old man there, sure, but he's just an ordinary old man." Seungyoon shrugged. "Oh well."

Minho looked at the old man wearing a polo shirt and cargo shorts. He held an iPad in hand and sipped on a hot drink from Starbucks. "Let's go." Minho turned to go, his shoulders slumped.

"It's you! I have finally found you!"

The trio whipped their heads around at the voice, only to see that the old man has already set down his drink and was walking to them.

"And I see you have found me as well, I'm Yuelao!"

 

201604211432291110_1_99_20160421143307.j