Seeing Double

Red Threads

"You guys, read this." Jinah set down a file on Hana's table.

"What's this?" Hana flipped it open.

"A comic. Do you guys think it would be good to feature this in our newspapers? I thought the storyline was pretty good."

"Not bad!" Hana scanned through the pages. "The art is great and so intricate. I mean, I would totally read this."

"Pass it around. If it's okay, I'll call in the artist later."

'Fate'. Passe. Seungyoon thought as he flipped it open. the content was not what he was expecting though. Red threads of fate? What? The comic depicted the misadventures of a man looking for his soulmate, connected by a red thread on the pinky. How apt, he grinned. Sera has to read this.

Seungyoon sneaked glances at Sera to watch her reaction to the comic. Her eyes widened in amazement, before settling into a look of amusement. She instinctively looked for his gaze, and they grinned knowingly at each other.

"This is great!" Seungyoon exclaimed. "Jinah-noona, you should call in the artist. What's his name?"

"Song Minho. He goes by the pen name MINO."

"Excuse me, may I have your name?" "I'm Song Minho." He smiled, a wide grin that charmed the receptionist. "Oh! You're the cartoonist!" The receptionist immediately called for Jinah. "Have a seat please, Ms Lee Jinah will come out soon."

"Song Minho-sshi, nice to meet you! I'm Lee Jinah from the advertising department, which is in charge of the comics." Jinah shook Minho's hand. "Nice to meet you too." Minho smiled. "We read the copies you have sent me, and they were great! So I asked you here to let you know that we are pleased with your work, and we would like to discuss the terms with you."

"Sure thing!" Minho chirped. How about that, editor? That'll teach you to belittle my works.

"It's great to work with you, Minho-sshi. Meet my colleagues. This is Hana, the admin staff, this is—"

Minho gasped.

"Is anything the matter?"

There it is. The one at the other end of his red thread. Finally, finally he had found The One.

But,

Minho gulped.

Why are there two threads sprouting from her pinky? One to me and one to... to who?

"Who's that girl?"

"That's Kwon Sera, one of our graphic designers. The other graphic designer is Kang Seungyoon." Jinah gestured to Seungyoon.

Minho realised Seungyoon was the other one. The one at the end of the other red thread from Sera.

BfW_YAxCUAADJ-9.jpg