Blessing? Curse? Both?

Red Threads

For the past years, Seungyoon has been in search of his soulmate, the one who shares the same red thread as him.

Why him? Why was he chosen to have the vision, to be able to see others' red threads of fate? He was determined to find his soulmate, as well as the answer why. He noted down everything he thought was of importance.

There were many different kinds of red threads. Some are thin and look as if they'll snap any moment, while some are strong and sturdy. They all glow, some faintly, and some glaringly. He wondered if these characteristics were in direct relation to the people's relationships.

Everyone has a red thread of fate. Sometimes, the people who were connected were just walking side by side. Sometimes they know each other, and sometimes they don't. It could be a mere brush of two strangers' sleeves. It was with envy that Seungyoon looked at these painfully oblivious people. Though he could see people's red threads, he never saw the opposite end of his own.

The two people who were connected need not be of opposite genders too. He has seen men bound together, likewise for women.

He noted bitterly the fact that some of these relations would never be able to bear fruit. His could be one of these.

Fate always toys with people.

A-nqXugCMAAp2SJ2.jpg