The Other End

Red Threads

"Seungyoon, don't forget you're meeting Mr Oh later at 2pm!"

Kang Seungyoon, 24 years old, is working at The Daily Paper as a graphic designer of the advertising section. While university graduates are still struggling to get jobs, he has already landed a job at one of the biggest newspaper printing press in Korea due to his skills which have been recognised while he was still in university. The exact definition of young and successful.

"Got it." Seungyoon set down the pen he was spinning, checked and refined his slides for the final time.

"Good afternoon, Mr Oh." Seungyoon was shocked to find that Mr Oh was relatively young. "You're much younger than I thought, Mr Oh." Seungyoon remarked. Mr Oh smiled, he seemed rather charming. "You too, young and capable." "Alright, let's start." Seungyoon clicked on the slides.

"Here's your coffee." Jinah, Seungyoon's co-worker brought two cups of coffee. "Thank you." Mr Oh smiled at her, who nodded in response.

She came and quickly as she exited, but Seungyoon's keen eyes spotted it.

Jinah's red thread of fate was connected to Mr Oh's.

Another pair, Seungyoon thought, as he went on with his slides. When will I?

"The design and layout is brilliant. I should have asked you to work on my previous advertisements too." Mr Oh remarked as he left the office. "Oh, please don't say that." Seungyoon replied. Mr Oh smiled at Jinah, who bowed, and left. "Wow, Mr Oh is so young and handsome, yet he's so capable and is the director of such a big firm!" Seungyoon deliberately said out loud after Mr Oh was out of earshot. "Yeah, seems like it." Jinah remarked. Seungyoon was glad she responded positively.

"He's coming again tomorrow, could you bring coffee to the office again?" Seungyoon asked. "What? I only brought coffee today because I was free!" Jinah huffed. "I'm giving you a chance to interact with Mr Oh!" Seungyoon replied. "What for?" Jinah scoffed. "He seems like a nice person, and you two somehow seem to match well together! Just trust me, alright?" Seungyoon tried to convince Jinah. "What would you know? I only served him coffee, and at the very most, my sleeve brushed past his. That doesn't mean anything!" Jinah thought Seungyoon was ridiculous.

"Sometimes, affinity could be just a brush of the sleeves." Seungyoon grinned michievously. "Stop talking like the narrator of a Korean romance period drama." Jinah snapped.

Much like Cupid, Seungyoon brought people together. However, he himself was ironically, lonely.

"There's a girl coming for an interview tomorrow, just to let you know." Jinah informed him. "For our department?" Seungyoon asked. "Yeah, as a graphic designer. Her resume was quite attractive." Jinah remarked. "Good to hear, I'll be less busy then." Seungyoon grinned.

The next day

Kwon Sera sat in the holding room, arranging her works again and again. She nervously adjusted the bobby pins on her head again and again, even though her hair was perfectly in place, tied in a French bun. "Please come in." Jinah called out to her. Sera took a deep breath and headed into the meeting room.

Seungyoon anticipated the arrival of the interviewee. He hoped she would be skilled, and could lessen his workload. Needless to say, he was shocked once she stepped into the room.

Her red thread of fate was connected to his. They shared the same red thread of fate.

Seungyoon opened his mouth wide and stared on blankly, much like a goldfish.

When he had expected it the least, after searching for 6 years, there it was. His soulmate. The one at the other end of his red thread of fate.

tumblr_inline_ngkfkySuKv1t52nr7.jpg

DJ Kang asking fans outside the studio "Aren't you cold?" He's too sweet ㅠㅠ