Stealing Glances

Red Threads

Seungyoon looked on at her, surprised. He had to force his mouth shut when he realised she was looking in his direction, equally shocked, and also puzzled. "Kwon Sera-sshi, you may begin." Jinah notioned for her to start. Sera forced herself to look away and regain her composure. She took a deep breath and exhaled.

"Here are my works for the past few years. I've been a guest graphic desiginer for some small magazine printing firms when I was still in university." Sera swallowed. "Not bad." Jinah and a few others remarked, flipping through the pages of her file. Seungyoon couldn't take his eyes off her. He studied her carefully. She was pretty. She had sharp features, which made her look exotic, different than that of a typical Korean. While she was looking at the others and explaining her works, she turned and glanced at Seungyoon's way. Seungyoon was sure she caught him staring, but he looked away, which made it even more awkward.

That didn't deter him from staring once again, after she turned away. Alas, she turned around again. And again. And again. Until Seungyoon didn't want to hide the fact that he was looking at her, and so he just looked blatantly, hoping that she wouldn't mistake it for ual harrassment. Seungyoon wondered why she kept looking back.

Is that some sort of unknown mutual attraction between us? Is that why we're meant to be? Seungyoon asked himself.

"Interesting. Ms Kwon Sera, we'll inform you again after making arrangements for you." Jinah stood up and bowed. Sera bowed back. As she stepped out of the door, she paused for a moment, looking at Seungyoon with childlike wonder. Then she smiled, shyly. She seemed to regret what she had done and quickly exited.

Seungyoon was bewitched.

"She will be of great help to our department, don't you think? And she'll lighten your workload. You guys can share ideas too." Jinah remarked. "Hey, Seungyoon! Where are you going!?"

Sera did a little victory dance outside the door. A series of hurried footsteps brought her little celebration to an abrupt end.

"Ms Kwon!" Seungyoon called after Sera. "Yes? Is anything the matter?" Sera turned around, that same charming shy smile on her face. She's so cute, Seungyoon thought.

"I..." Seungyoon had no idea what to say. "You... erm I just wanted to say, that, erm your works are very... interesting! Yes, interesting!" Seungyoon stammered. "I really look forward to working with you!" Seungyoon extended his hand after nervously wiping it on his pant leg. He's so cute, Sera thought. "I really look forward to working with you too, Mr Kang." Sera shook Seungyoon's hand. That brief, non-intimate physical contact gave Seungyoon a jolt. Not because he felt an electric shock, but simply because he felt really overwhelmed and amazed. The One he has been looking for. He finally met her. Properly. The One was not a random stranger he bumped into on the road, The One was not someone whose sleeve brushed against his. The One was not someone he chanced upon one day.

The One, his One appeared before him one day, like a gift from heaven. They were given a proper meeting. They were given a suitable condition, surrounding and atmosphere to meet. Seungyoon pondered the meaning of all these.

He then wondered whether dating was allowed in the office.

Excuse me Kang Seungyoon, stop trying to kill people.