Drinking Habits

Red Threads

"Sunbae-nim, I have something to ask you!" Sera tried to strut confidently towards Seungyoon, but ended up tripping once over her heel. She let an "Ack!" escape . Seungyoon smiled warmly, thinking her adorable. "Yes?" He asked. "Actually I have many things to ask..." Sera peered into the cubicle next to Seungyoon's, saw that there was no one, and stealthily took the chair, moving it under her .

While Seungyoon was patiently answering Sera's questions, Sera's eyes kept going to the red thread between them. She has been seeing red threads for years, and have gotten used to their presence, but she's still awed, that now, the length of her red thread is so short. She moved her right hand forward and backward, observing how the red thread shortened and lengthened according to her movement. "Ooh." She muttered before she could contain it. "Yeah, that's right." Seungyoon mistook it as a sign that she understood what he said. Sera quickly lowered her right hand instinctively even though she knew others couldn't see what she could. "Ah, yes." She gave a sheepish grin, which had Seungyoon falling more and more for her.

Seungyoon looked at the glowing red thread, which cut and passed through the walls, to Sera's right pinky. He giggled, much like a child who successfully hid candy from his parents. At that moment, Sera lifted her head up, looking in his direction. They made eye contact for about a second, frozen, before they smiled and looked down again.

Could it be mutual attraction? Their thoughts echoed each other's.

"Say, how about a couple of drinks at the noraebang* to welcome our newcomer?" Jinah asked everyone. "Drinks are on me!" "Woohoo!" Everyone cheered. "You're legal, right?" Jinah asked Sera. "Yes, but—" She replied shyly. "That does it! Come on, guys!" Jinah grabbed her jacket from her chair.

Unbeknownst to everyone, Sera had a little fear of drinking with others. She gulped, but wasn't brave enough to reject Jinah's offer after seeing everyone reacting enthusiastically. She sighed as she slowly grabbed her bag. What if she scared Seungyoon away?

Sera sat frozen on her seat as her colleagues ordered soju, beers, food, and chose songs.

"Soju for you?"

"Erm, I don't—"

"Soju not your thing? Beer then!"

Sera lowered her head in defeat. Of course this didn't go unnoticed by Seungyoon (who snuck in between Sera and a colleague so that he would be able to sit next to her).

"Can't hold your liquor well?" Seungyoon asked, concerned. "I get drunk easily." But getting drunk easily was the least of her worries. She wasn't going to get drunk, especially next to Seungyoon. "Just have a couple of drinks! Beer is fine! If you're knocked out, you'll still get sent home, don't worry." Hana, the colleague sitting on the other side next to Seungyoon, coaxed. "Alright then..." Sera immediately berated herself for agreeing. "Just take small sips, it's okay if you don't finish it. If need be we can drink for you." Seungyoon offered, ever the gentleman. "Thank you." But Sera squirmed in her seat, already cringing from embarrassment from what she might do.

Seungyoon lightly prodded Sera, who's already knocked out, amazed at how she managed to get drunk when she haven't even gotten through half her glass. "Sera-sshi. Sera-sshi." Sera didn't even stir. Seungyoon laughed, defeated. "She's passed out." Seungyoon announced to the rest, who shrugged at how the main character of that night have yet to sing and is already drunk.

In the midst of everyone wildly dancing and singing along to Turbo's hit song "Black Cat", Sera suddenly lifted her head from the table. "Oh, you're awake?" Seungyoon asked, having to raise his volume since they were so loud. "You! You!" Sera jabbed a finger at Seungyoon's arm while laughing.

"What?" Seungyoon sat down so that he could hear her. "You!" Sera slurred. She grabbed his right hand. "Wow, it glows really brightly... I wonder if that means it's strong..." Sera looked at the red thread, its glow accentuated by the darkness of the noraebang. "What?" Seungyoon could hardly hear her. He moved closer to Sera, sticking his ear out towards her.

"I was talking about this! The red thread or something, ugh, can't remember, keke." Sera held up her right hand, extending her pinky finger, giggling. She held out Seungyoon's right hand, closing all his fingers, stretching out his pinky finger. "This!" Sera mumbled. "This!"

Seungyoon was speechless. A million questions prodded his head, demanding answers. Can she see the red threads? Like me? Seungyoon knew that he was not the only one in the world with this vision. "What? You see a red thread?" Seungyoon asked, not even caring about how ridiculous it actually sounded. If Sera is really able to see the red threads of fate, she'd understand his question. But no, this is just absurd! How could this be? Seungyoon couldn't understand.

"You mean this?" Sera held up her pinky finger, moving it so close to her face that they were basically touching. "It's so bright! So glaring! Ah, my eyes..." Sera strung her words together. "Ah right, you can't see it, keke." Seungyoon braced himself, then asked Sera:"Do you know who I am?"

"You're Kang Seungyoon sunbae-nim! Ah no, we're out of the office, so Seungyoon oppa!" Sera giggled. "My soulmate, Seungyoon oppa!" Sera smiled sheepishly and leaned in to give Seungyoon (who was frozen) a peck on the cheek, before passing out again, on his shoulder.

*Noraebang means Karaoke box

-Kang-Seung-Yoon-kang-seung-yoon-3594742