Prequel (End): Gift From God?

Red Threads

Seungyoon was stunned. He sat there, trying to take in what was happening. The cold, hard asphalt road offered no comfort for his sorrow. "We'll go to the hospital now." One of the paramedics helped him up. He complied.

At the hospital, Seungyoon sat on the bed in a daze. "Seungyoon!" His aunt called him. "Thank God you're alright!" She hugged him close as he teared up again. Just like everyone else, she too had a red thread shooting out from her pinky finger. The red lines are indeed red threads of fate. Seungyoon thought to himself. Dad's and mum's were not connected. Does that mean they were not meant to be? No wonder they didn't get along well. Their soulmates were not each other. Seungyoon wailed. His poor mum and dad had been with the wrong people, and were at loggerheads with each other. Ironically, this indirectly led to their deaths. He wept for his poor parents as his aunt hugged him close, his hair all while crying herself, for her lost sister and her brother-in-law.

2 months later

With the insurance money, Seungyoon chose to live in an apartment all by himself. The house he and his parents originally lived in brought him too much pain. He was baffled that no one seemed to be able to see the red threads he were seeing. Being a typical teenager, he whipped out his laptop and searched for answers online.

"I see red threads", he typed into the search bar. No relevant results. "I see red threads after car crash". Still no results. He tried a few more. "Red thread from finger", "Red thread connects people", "People really do have red thread", until he finally arrived on "God's gift red thread", being the devoted Christian he is. There was a forum titled "I received a gift from God?". He clicked on it.

Buzzbuzz12: Anyone knows the red thread of fate myth?

CocoNuts5: I do. It connects two fated people together.

Railasheila00: I do too.

A few more replies later, Buzzbuzz12 finally dropped reason why he/she asked the question..

Buzzbuzz12: This sounds unbelievable, but I'm speaking the truth. Can anyone... see them? The red threads?

Seungyoon jumped and immediately began to type a reply to Buzzbuzz12

KSYrocks94: I can see them! I had this ability after a recent car crash!

Buzzbuzz12: I'm so thankful I found someone like me! I had this ability after waking up from my sleep one day!

Bonjour27: I fainted and after I woke up, I could see red threads sprouting from people's pinky fingers.

The replies stirred up hope in Seungyoon. He inboxed Buzzbuzz12 and Bonjour27.

KSYrocks94: Were you guys sick?

Buzzbuzz12: No. I was sleeping.

Bonjour27: I woke up after I fainted.

Bonjour27: You said you had a car crash, are you alright?

KSYrocks94: I'm alright. My parents died in the accident. They were quarreling and they hit a tree.

Buzzbuzz12: I fell asleep after crying.

Bonjour27: I fainted because my dad got drunk and hit my mum and I.

Bonjour27: Why were you crying?

Buzzbuzz12: My parents were getting a divorce.

KSYrocks94: We have a similarity.

KSYrocks94: Our parents did not get along well with each other. My parents' red threads were not connected.

Buzzbuzz12: Mine too

Bonjour27: I haven't had a chance to see my dad after I woke up.

KSYrocks94: Could it really be God's gift?

Seungyoon pulled away from the laptop screen, trying to process all the information.

Could it be that the vision of people's red threads of fate was bestowed upon them, so that they wouldn't follow in their parents' footsteps?

But why them, out of so many people in this world, whose parents might not be each other's soulmate?

dreamradio05141126021454dreamradio0.jpg

Seungyoon with Park Boram and Eddy Kim!!