Getting-to-know-each-other

Red Threads

"Sera-sshi, are you awake?" The first thing Seungyoon did after waking up was to send a text message to Sera. "I'm awake! Did you sleep well? ^.^" came the immediate reply from Sera who woke up energised. Both smiled at their phones, sitting on their beds, basking in bliss. No, I have to hurry up and get ready for work! I'll be able to see Seungyoon oppa at work! Sera got on her feet and hurried went to toast a slice of bread.

Perks of office dating: You anticipate going to work everyday.

Seungyoon noticed that the red thread seemed to glow even brighter than before, and smiled gleefully. Does this mean our fate is stronger than before?

As they walked into the office together, they're greeted by a cheerful Jinah. "Good morning!" Jinah chirped. Seungyoon and Sera exchanged knowing glances. "Unnie, you're in a good mood today." Hana remarked. "Well, it's the first day of 2015!" Jinah beamed. Seungyoon assumed that his mission last night had great results and was about to give himself a pat on the shoulder for a job well done.

Until he remembered that the usb he "used" belonged to Hana, who was then scouring her desk for it.

Seungyoon decided it was for his best interest to slip away unnoticed.

Over lunch(together, of course), Sera asked Seungyoon why they, the staff, had no copies of newspapers. "Rightfully, we should get them, since they're the fruits of our labour!" Sera mumbled as she tore a piece of meat from the bone. "Of course we're entitled to the newspapers! You can get them from the shelf at the receptionist's, but none of us actually claim them on a regular basis, since we would rather read the news online on-the-go than spend time to sit down and read the newspapers." Seungyoon said as he reached over to help Sera, who seemed to be struggling with her food.

"Really? That's a shame, since I like to read the newspapers." Sera pouted. "I've always liked reading The Daily Paper, which is why I joined the press." "Reading the news online is more convenient." Seungyoon offered. "I like traditional print." Sera explained. "I like the feeling of flipping the pages one by one, even though it's the digital age now. I can't put it in words, but it just brings me into the realm of the article or the story." "I only read the newspapers when I feel like it. You can read the newspapers and tell me about them!" Seungyoon perked up at the idea of more topics to talk about, since they're still at the 'getting-to-know-each-other' stage. "Sure I will!" Sera pulled her plate back.

"Yeah, why did you join the press?"

"I figured, if I still couldn't find my soulmate when I'm 30 years old, it'd be more convenient to put up a notice in the newspapers." Seungyoon joked. "Just kidding."

"I'm done with my work, I'll head home first!" Sera slung her bag over her arm as she left. She couldn't leave with Seungyoon as he had to work overtime, and she had no excuse to stay back and wait for him. As she passed by the shelf, she made sure to grab a copy of the newspaper that day.

"Seungyoon, come up with a notice asking for cartoonists to publish their works in the comic section! The current comic is ending in 10 more issues! Romance or comedy preferred. No horror." Jinah instructed. "Oh, and include the email and number of our department." "Not the editing department?" Seungyoon asked. "They'll be reviewing the material, but we are in charge of publishing it. Get in done by tomorrow afternoon." Jinah answered. "Alright." Seungyoon wrote down another task in his planner.

As he walked past the receptionist's, Seungyoon stopped in front of the shelf. "I like the feeling of flipping the pages one by one, even though it's the digital age now. I can't put it in words, but it just brings me into the realm of the article or the story." Sera's words echoed in Seungyoon's mind. He then grabbed a copy of the newspaper and headed home.

"Oh? The comic is ending soon!" Sera groaned in dismay. "I wonder what the next comic would be like!"

The next day

"Done!" Seungyoon hurried off to show the completed notice to Jinah, while Sera rubbed her shoulders, which were aching from long hours of sitting at the table.

"What a shame... I really like the current comic strip." Sera commented. "Really? I like it too!" Seungyoon replied. "I thought you didn't read the newspapers!" Sera was glad to have found a fan of the comic, like her. "I read it yesterday! When I walked past the shelf, I just felt compelled to pick a copy up." Seungyoon naturally reached for her hand. Under the table, of course. "I think it's because of you." Seungyoon confessed. "What you said really left me thinking." Sera smiled bashfully. "It's a shame I hadn't read the earlier copies, I want to know the full story." Seungyoon sighed. "I have all the issues since the start of the comic!" Sera replied. "Do you want to come over to my house on Sunday? I'll show you the newspapers so you can read the comics!" Sera extended an invitation to Seungyoon. "Besides, it's time you know where I live..." "Is it a date then?" Seungyoon asked. "Yes, a date." Sera grinned cheekily.

16.jpg