Turning the Last Page

Cute Glasses, Hide A Bow-shaped Smirk

"Because there's nothing more exciting and more blissful, than finding my dream with the person I love." Jonghyun took a step back, letting his words dangle in the air.  He places his hands in his pockets and looks away. Kibum stood against the locker quietly, his heart thrumming. He sighs, biting his bottom lip and taking Jonghyuns wrist, pulling his hand out of his pockets and squeezing his fingers across his knuckles. "You're too sweet sometimes, I swear..." He mumbles, stepping forward and bending down to rest his head against Jonghyuns shoulder. "If that's what you want--"

"I told you, I what I want is you." Jonghyun gently pushes Kibum back, looking into his eyes with a soft gaze. "And where you go, that's where I'll follow." Kibum felt his heart swell and his cheeks flush. "Kiss me." Jonghyun murmurs, his eyes lidded as he leaned up towards Kibums lips. Their lips brushed together, and the light touch tickled them. Kibum's eyes fluttered, his breath even and calm as he opened his mouth for Jonghyus tongue. It didn't take long for them to mold into each other, Kibum leaning against the lockers to steady himself as Jonghyun pushed into his body. This warmth, this comfort of having someone love him like this. Kibum closed his eyes, savouring the taste and feel of Jonghyuns lips. They felt bound to each other as they kissed, Jonghyun slid his hands to Kibums waist and pushed him forward into his pelvis, deepening the kiss. He slid his tongue into Kibums mouth and groaned. They would have stayed that way if it wasn't for the screeching sound of the bell and the thumping of feet as students filed out of their classes. With some relucatance Kibum pushes him away, opening his eyes to stare down at him. "We'll finish this another time, okay?" Jonghyun nods with a grin, taking Kibums hand and walking him to his class. "I'll see you later, Kibum." Kibum smiles, peeking over his shoulder before planting a light kiss to Jonghyuns lips. "I'm glad you're able to go to the same college as me." He confesses, opening the door to his classroom. Jonghyun held onto his hand, not wanting to let him go, his fingers slid from his grasp and Kibum faced ahead, smiling at his classmates. Jonghyun watched him from the doorway, the door closing in his face. It finally caught up to him that Kibum wasn't wearing glasses and he forgot to apologize for breaking them and he also forgot to mention how pretty Kibum's eyes were. Another time, he thought. Because we'll be together and I can tell him then. 

It was next week, exam week, the time for endless studying. The time where Jonghyun was unable to meet, talk and see Kibum as frequently as he desired. Late at night he'd recall the drowsy sound of Kibums voice after they'd have and then he'd remember the flushed expression on his face and the small, flustered smile on his lips. Jonghyun felt his heart throb as he walked into his classroom, pencil and textbook in hand. He had studied all last week and this morning to pass this exam and several other exams, Kibum had helped him too. "I'll help you study, only if you pay attention." Jonghyun nods enthusiastically. They went to his house to study afterschool. There were two cans of soda and seaweed snacks placed between them on the floor. "Okay, lets get this started." Jonghyun claps his hands together, rolling his shirt sleeves up. Kibum nods, reaching to push up his glasses, but his fingers only touched his nose. Jonghyun watched him and Kibum sighed. "Contacts, forgot."

"I'll fix them soon, Kibum." Kibum shakes his head. "It's okay." The blonde smiles, tapping his finger against the textbook. "Lets get started, there's a lot you have to learn." Jonghyun nods. 

And the studying would pay off, atleast he hoped so. He didn't want to disappoint Kibum when he had worked so hard in helping him relearn everything he hadn't payed attention to in the school year. "The test begins now." The teacher announces, walking around the classroom and placing the tests down."Good luck." Jonghyun took a deep breath, murmuring a silent prayer. Time ticked by and Jonghyun was on the last page, there was somethings he knew, some he didn't, but overall he thought he was doing a pretty good job and would get a decent grade. "Pencils down." He places his pencil down, running a hand through his brown hair. "I hope you all did well, and I'll see you tomorrow." The teacher says. Jonghyun stands up, bowing. He quickly gathers his things, running out of the classroom and towards the library. One exam done, 3 more to go. An excitement kicked at his chest, when he opened the doors to the library. "Lets meet at the library." Kibum had said. Walking inside he looks around for Kibums blonde hair. But he wasn't there. Maybe he was running a little late. So Jonghyun found a table and sat, placing his elbows on the table and resting his chin in his hands. "Who's that?" 

"Why don't you go ask him?"

Jonghyun remembered seeing Kibum for the first time in the library. "Do you know him? The cutie in the glasses...?" Minho sighs, dramatically rolling his eyes.

"Yes, I know him, who doesn't?" Jonghyun smiles softly, the memories playing like a movie, rewind to see one, fastforward to the next and pause on another.

 "Those glasses are cute on you."

"I know."

"Of course you do..." He whispers, the thick rims perched on his button nose and Jonghyun nearly choked on air when Kibum leaned towards his ear to whisper. 

Jonghyun laughed aloud remembering how the rest played out. Who would have thought that, that was about 5 months ago. He sighs happily, opening his eyes. He wished to have met Kibum sooner, to have known him longer. To have held his hand and to make love to him in those days where he could have known him. Instead of chasing after girls, he wanted to chase after Kibum. If I met him sooner, I wonder what would have happened? I probably would have been passing all my classes, I probably would have felt complete, I probably would have discovered love sooner. His expression changes and he slides a hand over his face. In his future he saw Kibum; waking up next to him, kissing him, hugging him,having to expalin to his parents his uality. Jonghyun saw Kibum in everything, because Kibum was everything. 

"Jonghyun?" He looked up at the feminine voice, it was one of the girls he use to date. He forced a smile onto his face. "What is it...?" He couldn't remember her name. "Me and a few other girls were wondering." He tilts his head, peering at her curiously. "Wondering what?"

"About that guy you're always seen with, you guys seem awfully close." She giggles. "They thought you two were dating." She laughs louder this time, her laugh obnoxious in a way that annoyed Jonghyun. "Oppa, you can't be gay....there's just noway." Jonghyun stares at her, his eyes blank, expression taut. "That guy's just another guy, he's not cute anyways." Jonghyun felt something in him jerk and his eyebrows creased. As the girl continued talking, she only made the dislike towards her grow. "Oppa, remember that time when we went out together?" She steps towards him, lightly touching his hand. "You said you loved me and then later you held me in your bed..." She blushes, a fake, rehearesed blush. Jonghyun wasn't moved at all. "And after that we--"

"I don't remember anything, I won't even try to recall our time together." He looks into her eyes. "Because "that guy" has filled up all my memories. Our time together, I don't remember any of it. Because "that guy" has replaced it all." He stands up. "I only remember professing my love to "that guy" I only remember holding him in my arms and inside of him." Her face contorted into disgust at Jonghyuns honest words. "The only thing I remember, is loving one person. Feeling whole with one person." He towers over her. ""That guy" is more than special to me, he's everything and you, you were a mistake." She flinches back, but Jonghyun didn't care for her 'hurt'. "Call me gay, homo, a , whatever. Be disgusted by me, because I'm disgusted at myself for going through so many girls.Doing you one day and another the next."

"Jonghyun..."

"Go gossip to your girl friends, screaming "Jonghyun oppa is gay! You guys were right!"" He stares her down, his heart banging in his chest. "I may be gay to you and everyone else. But I call it discovering love and the person who opened that up to me, happened to be "that guy."" He couldn't stop. "He has a name, but I won't tell it to you, it's too beautiful to be said by someone who's so quick to judge." He places a hand to her shoulder, staring hard into her eyes. "And he's not cute? Really? Are you really going to lie to yourself, Yoona?" He finally remembered her name. "He's cute enough to make me lose my mind. When he smiles, I can't focus, I can't even breathe sometimes." The words were flying out, his heart spilling from his lips. "I love him and he's good for me, too good for me. He's helping me in ways none of you could have even tried too." He steps back, glancing over her shoulder for Kibum. He hadn't come yet. Looking back into her eyes he states. "Our "memories" don't exist because he's not in them. The only thing I remember is meeting him." She stumbles back, her lip quivering. "Oppa..you...you're hurting me." He laughs, pushing his brown bangs back. "I'm hurting you?" He laughs again. "I don't care, honestly I don't. But I apologize for not being honest with you. I shouldn't have told you that I loved you, when I didn't even know what love was back then." The door to the library clicked open, but Jonghyun hadn't heard it. ""That guy" showed me so many things, I'm so grateful for him and even now I want to hold him." Her gaze distorted and she lashed out at him. "You're disgusting! You're so sick!" She shouts, Jonghyun shrugs. "What you call 'sick' I call love." Her eyes widened and she reached her hand out to slap him, but he caught her wrist. "Yoona..." His tone had changed. "Slapping me won't change anything. I won't suddenly be jolted into realizing how "stupid" I'm being by liking another guy." He stares at her sadly. "Please, just leave." Her eyes shook and she yanked her hand back, running out of the library. 

Jonghyun sighs, slumping down into his seat. She would probably go around falsifying his words. He really didn't need the extra drama and stress this week. "...what the hell..." He mumbles, facepalming himself and letting out a long breath. Kibum steps towards him, extending his hand and placing his fingers in his hair. Jonghyun shivered. He hoped it wasn't another girl coming to bring back his player past. "I'm not in the mood right now, I just--"

"Jonghyun." It was his voice, Kibums--gentle, soft, understanding. He snaps his head up, meeting Kibums sweet, brown eyes. "Bummie, I--" Kibum hugs him, sliding his hands around his neck and leaning into his chest. Kibum had gotten bits and pieces of the argument, but it was enough to make him realize just how loved he was by his boyfriend. Kibum held him and Jonghyun closed his eyes, taking in Kibums warmth and his scent. "Thank you." Kibum murmurs softly and Jonghyun leans back, searching his eyes. "Thank you for what?" He asks and Kibum smiles. "You should know idiot. You just defended me." Jonghyun makes a face, whispering. "I didn't just defend you, I defended us." Kibum blinks and then smiles, placing his lips to Jonghyuns cheek. It was soft, faint, but Jonghyun heard it with clarity. "I love you, Jonghyun." He smiled, those words were enough to get him through the week, he felt as though he could pass all the exams. "I love you too Kibum. So much, I love you so much." He cups Kibums cheeks in his hands and kisses him. 

The library was quiet, it was only them, sitting in the place where they first met, the place Jonghyun would always be thankful for. The library--its peace, its quiet. Jonghyun looked around, taking it all in and then he looked up at Kibum, soaking him all in. Kibum looked beautiful today, that cute smile on his face and his eyes twinkling. Jonghyun took his hands and interlocked their fingers. "Maybe they'll be a library just like this at the college we go to." Kibum shrugs. "I don't think so." Jonghyun raises an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because we've made so many memories here, there's just something about it...." Kibum trails off and Jonghyun smiles. "Then it's our job to make even more memories at the new one." Kibum looks down at him, squeezing his hand. "Right...but before we can do that, there's still a few exams left to take." Jonghyun nods, bouncing onto his feet and holding his hands to Kibums waist. "I need a goodluck kiss, maybe a goodluck ." Kibum rolls his eyes, shoving him in his chest. "You're such a ."

" idiot." Jonghyun corrects with a grin and Kibum stares into his eyes fondly. "We're too young to be so in love like this..." He murmurs. Jonghyun shakes his head. "Nah, we're just changing the standards." He winks, placing his lips to Kibums and kissing him. He held him in his arms and closed his eyes, placing this moment into the movie of his mind. Where he would rewind, pause and kiss Kibum all over again. But why do that when he could kiss him several more times in the future?

Tasting him, hugging him, loving and holding him. This movie would break the usual movie time frame, continuously playing on into the future. 

 

2 months later

Kibum tapped his foot impatiently, pushing his newly dyed hair back behind his ears. Kibum went from blonde to black, Jonghyun liked the change, it made the younger seem sophisticated and added a desirable aura, that made Jonghyun go crazy. Kibum pulls out his cellphone dialing Jonghyuns number. "Where the hell are you?!" He asks once Jonghyun picked up. "I'm almost there, it's so hard to find."

"It's right behind your house!" Kibum shouts and Jonghyun chuckles. "Yeah? But why are you even going there on a Saturday?"

"To check out my classes, you should be here too."

"I'll be there next week when the classes actually start." Kibum rolls his eyes. "Yeah and then what? You're unable to find your first class, because you didn't want to "waste" your Saturday." Jonghyun laughs and KIbum felt agitation leak into his mind. "You should be serious about this."

"I am, I am. In my defense I made plans for us to go out and catch a movie."

"A movie? You knew I was going to check out my classes."

"Minho lied then, he said you'd be done about 3 hours ago." Kibum groans. "Just get here."

"I am..." The phone clicks off and Kibum looks up. Jonghyun drove forward, rolling his window down and smiling at Kibum. "Well hello there." He winks, Kibum walks up, and leans his face into the window. "Took you long enough."

"Whoever made you wait is an ." Jonghyun jokes, watching as Kibum walked around the car and slid into the passenger seat. "I know he is, smiling like an and then having the audacity to show up dressed in leather." Kibum buckles up and adds. "You know I like leather on you." Jonghyun smirks. "I wore it purposely." Kibum grins, leaning over and taking his lips. They kissed slowly and Jonghyun pulls away with a breathless groan. "How about we skip the movie and celebrate back at my house?" Kibum nods, placing his hand to Jonghyuns thigh. "Skip the movie, I feel like rewarding you for all your hard work." Jonghyun grins, extending his hand and pushing Kibums black bangs back. "And I feel like accepting your reward."

"Why would  you deny it?" Kibum asks and Jonghyun shrugs. "Maybe I wanted to study some more. I don't know what the classes will be like." Kibum squeezes his thigh. "That's why you should have come with me." Jonghyun smiles. "I know, I was joking." Kibum, sighs, moving his hand back and leaning in his seat. "Drive."

"On it." As Jonghyun drove Kibum said. "And just because you got accepted, doesn't mean you get to slack off." Jonghyun chuckles. "I won't. I'm going to try my hardest to stay in this college with you." Kibum smiles. "Good." Jonghyun glances at him and lets out a pleased sigh. The news came a week or so after the exams, he had passed them and was able to tell his parents. They were esctatic knowing their once failing son was able to go into such a prestigious college. They were willing to pay for his tuition since they saw that he was actually trying. "Jonghyun..."

"Yeah?" He stops at a redlight and Kibum glances at him. "These glasses you got me..." He starts and Jonghyun felt his heart beat faster. "You don't like them?"

"I wasn't going to say that, just thanks for getting them." Kibum beams, flashing that heartstopping smile and Jonghyun replies almost shyly. "I got them because they reminded me of the ones you wore when we first met." Thick-rimmed and black. Kibum nods, saying softly. "That's why I like them so much." When the light turned green, Jonghyun pressed down hard on the gas. Wanting to get home as soon as possible so he could express to KIbum how excited he was and how much he loved him. 

He'd express that love almost daily and would watch as Kibum took it all in behind the lense of his glasses. The glasses that he would repeatedly ruin and break, the glasses that Kibum liked, the glasses that captured their love. And the cute person wearing those glasses, Jonghyun would capture him and hold him, never letting him go. Because Jonghyun felt complete with him, Jonghyun felt love. And with love he felt happy and with Kibum he felt whole. 

Maybe sometime in the future--even though he was still young-- he was already thinking about a life with Kibum. One where he would get down on his knee and propose, a shiny ring in his hand. A future where Kibum would say yes, a future where they would continue and complete their dreams. A future that was just like Kibum's glasses, if Jonghyun broke them, he would repair them. Over and over, mending the mistakes and apologizing for the faults. He'd fix them and wouldn't stop until Kibum was smiling. His cheeks pink, rising to meet his eyes and his teeth showing behind his smile. Because Jonghyun loved Kibum, the cutie in glasses, his cutie glasses. From day one;  He places one hand to Jonghyuns chest and he pushes him back. "You're heavy." He states, almond shaped eyes set--making Jonghyuns heart race. "I came over here to tell you that you're causing a disruption in the library. I will have you kicked out."

From the second Jonghyun saw him and got to know him.

For these two months he's grown closer to Kibum, he's learned that Kibum enjoyed cooking, that he could memorize a dance with two looks, had the iest sounding -just-woke-up-in-the morning voice, could take the cutest selcas and that he liked to watch Studio Ghilbi Films. 

From day one--he glances at Kibum, watching as the wind ruffled his black hair--he loved him. 

 

~THE END~

 

 

 

Dubu Speaking

It's over, this is the end

It really wasn't supposed to be the end, but when I started writing Jonghyun arguing with that girl, I thought: "This'll be a good to place to wrap it all up."

And here it is! Jonghyun and Kibum both got into the same college and they are happy together and oh so deeply in love.

I think I'll write one epilogue where it'll show thier  college life and what Minho,Jinki and Taemin are up to

But other than that, I hope you guys are okay with this and that you enjoyed the story. 

I didn't plan on it becoming this long, but what'doya know XD

as always thank you and I love you all! You guys are my frames, holding my lenses together so that I can see/write  ;) lol

I couldn't settle on the ending line/sentence, but I hope you guys like it and that you feel it's complete

(there's still going to be an epilogue so yeah)