A New Life (Part 2)

Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She had already been staying in this new place for a month. Every evening, Mr Baek would drop by to check on her and made sure she had settle well in the new place. Each time, Ji Hyo noticed that he would have a body guard following him everywhere he went and a driver to drive him around. People at his presence paid a lot of respect to him. Who is he? She wondered.

One evening, Mr Baek came over. As they were chatting, Mr Baek started to take about his past. She was his childhood friend.. From friends they fall in love. She was always supportive to him from thick and thin. She was by his side in the most difficult time. After several years of hard work he managed to climb to the top of the gang. With all the women around him and late nights he spent outside, she never complained. The only regret was she never being able to bear a child. One day, when she visit an orphan, she saw a little boy hidden in a corner of the room. Her heart went all out for him and decided to adopt him after seeking his agreement. From that day both of them loved the boy as their own son. He also tried to stay at home more to accompany both of them. A few years later, finally she was pregnant. Both of them were happy that finally they will have a child and a little brother or sister for the older kid. It was when the accident happened, being a ruthless gang leader he had made a lot of enemies. One day the foe decided to seek revenge on him and his family. He was stabbed when he was on his way to his office. One of his bodyguard was killed but he managed to escape with the help of his men. After hidden in his hideout, he informed his wife to seek refuge in case they decided to harm them too. Heavily pregnant, she grabbed her son and took the short cut route to travel down hill to safety.  Both of them cut through the thick forested area and travelled in dark to escape. As they were walking the little boy tripped and fall. He injured his leg and was unable to walk, she insisted to carry him downhill despite of the discomfort on her stomach. By the time she reached to safety, she was exhausted and little did she noticed blood started to flow down her legs. They quickly sent her to the hospital but it was too late. She had lost too much blood and the doctors were unable to save both of her and their unborn daughter. Her last word was to ask him take care of himself and their son. From then he lived with regret, if he was not so ruthless, she might be still alive. He managed to track down his foe and seek his revenge but life without her was no longer the same. Their son after the incident withdraw himself from his father as he felt if his mother had not carried him she would not die. It took him a long time to open up to people again. He was currently Mr Baek's right hand man but other than work he kept everything to himself. 

Mr Baek looked up at Ji Hyo. "May I ask a favor? Is it possible to be my daughter? Your age would be the same as my daughter if she was alive." He looked at her in hoping eyes. Not wanting to hurt his feelings and feeling thankful for all his help, Ji Hyo agreed. He shed tears of joy and held on to her hands. "Let's have a family dinner tomorrow. I will introduce you to my son. Tomorrow evening I will get Kwang Soo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter