By my side

Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pacing up and down the hall, he was wondering if he had made the right choice. The operation light had been on for several hours and the longer it took, the more worried he got. He paced to and fro and prayed in his heart for the safety of his love one. Finally the operation light dimmed and the door opened. One of the doctors stepped out of the operation theatre.  He rushed towards her and asked on the patient’s condition. “She is currently in stable condition. We need to monitor her for the next 36 hours before we can decide if the operation is successful. She will be wheeled back to High dependency ward. So please stay here for a while, the nurse will inform you when they had settled her down.” He nodded his head and thanked the doctor. Tears filled his eyes. He told himself that he had to be strong and stay by her side. She needed him now. He sat down at a corner and waited for the nurse to inform him of the ward number, he longed to be by her side.

Flashback
Phone had been ringing non-stop for the past 10 minutes. He crawled out of his bed and looked at the clock. It was only 1am in the morning. He dragged himself and picked up the call. The call left him in shock and woke him up completely. It was from the hospital. His fiancée had met a car accident with her parents. She had been flung out of the car while her parents were been trapped and pinned down in their car seats. By the time help came, the parents had passed on due to serious injury and she suffered head injuries as she had been thrown out of the car. She was immediately rushed to the hospital.

He could not get his mind straight after the call; he only recalled grabbing his car key and his wallet rushed out to the hospital. He did not know how he got there other than him driving on high sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter