The Impossible Love

Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Standing in the deck and looked into the sea, she used to enjoy sea breeze but currently there were too much things in her mind to enjoy it. She was being send to a faraway land to marry the king. She had little knowledge of him except he had at least 30 wives and 50 years older than her. Being in her early 20s, she used to hope for a prince charming to sweep her off her feet. But now the dream was gone. Everyone thought she being the only princess, she would get her way on anything, but if that was so,why was she being send away to a faraway land and married an old man as her husband. She knew that she had no choice. For her country and for her people, she had to do it. She missed her hometown and her people as well as her parents who adored her. Thinking of this, tears rolled down her face. She decided to go back to her cabin to rest for the night.

Middle of the night she was awaken by the screaming and shouting outside. Looking around her, all her helpers were no where to be found. The noise was getting louder and louder to the cabin and she decided to take a look at what had happened. She made her way to the cabin door and when she opened it, the sight did not welcome her. Blood was everywhere together with dead bodies. The soldiers fought hard but seemed that they were at the losing end. Maybe the attack was in the middle of the night and everyone were caught off guard. She knew it was a pirate attack and quickly closed the door for her own safety but it was too late. A hand reached out and grabbed her small hand and pulled her out of the cabin onto the floor.

The pirates had won full victory and most soldiers were killed or captured. The commander of the ship had fought to his death and all the female helpers had been captured. All of them had been taken to another ship together with the jewelry and gold that was found on board. Being the prettiest among the girls, she was being pushed into the captain cabin and was being locked inside. She calmed herself down and looked around the room. It was well packed and the wall was full of maps. She noticed movement from the little room within the cabin and took a look. She was surprised by what she had seen. A man full of tattoos bathing in that room. She let out a scream and ran towards the cabin door and wanted to escape, but the door was locked to her dismay. A hand fall on her shoulder and grabbed her by the waist and throwed her onto the bed.

"Who are you?" He asked. Now he was covered with a towel wrapped around his waist but his wet body was still half from the bath. She tried to look away but he held on to her face to face him. She blushed while looking at him but refused to speak.

"Why are you in my room?"

"I don't want to but they push me in." She stared at him angrily.

"So you are one of them that we had captured. Looking at your  dressing and the people on board who are you?"

Silent remained. He stared at her and released his grip. "I knew who you are. You must be the princess from the Song kingdom. I received news that the princess was being send to a faraway land for marriage. On board the ship there would be tons of gold and jewelry and I am so lucky that it crossed my path.

He looked at her from head to toe. "So they pushed you into the cabin, they wanted me to have you." Saying that he moved closer and closer to her. She shivered with fear but refused to back off and stared at him in his eyes. He looked at her for a long time before he walked away. "I will not touch those women that refused me. I do not force people unless they are the willing party. You had to stay in this cabin as it was safer for you. Those men would not dare to touch you if you are my woman. Believe what I say, or you will be sorry. You can have my bed. I will sleep on the floor." He got himself dressed and took a mat and laid on the floor. Seeing that she did not moved, he said "or you wanted to sleep with me. I welcome that." Seeing that she flushed with redness, he smirked and laid down on the floor. He took out a book and started reading while ignoring her existence.  She took a long look at him and decided to believe in his words. She settled down in the bed and soon dozed off.

When she worked up in the morning, she could not found him anywhere in the room. On the bed laid a new dress for her to change, a note was found on top of it and it asked her to remain in the room for her safety. After she changed, she started to explore the room. Everything was kept properly and there were several shelves of books in the corner of the room. On the shelves, there were a wide range of books. She was surprised that the choice of books he had as it was all about knowledge and history. She never thought a pirate would read so much books. The door opened at this time, he came in with a tray of food, just in time to save her hungry stomach from grumbling. She took the tray and gobbled down the food while he looked at her in amused. He never had thought a princess will eat like this. She blushed after noticing him staring at her while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter