The tale of SuBaekChen.

Kittysoo and Puppyeol.

When Suho was in college he never had time for friends, he was always studying and trying to catch up on sleep. He spent his entire college life in the library or in class, he had maybe an acquaintance or two but nothing really outside of school, it was lonely, but in the end it would be worth it. His last year of college he decided to tutor for some extra credit in class, and that’s how he met Kris. He was sitting in the library when a giant walked in and sat in front of him with a frown on his face. Suho noticed who he was automatically, Kris was known around school for being extremely attractive and the basketball star that everyone wanted to sleep with. Suho was red the whole time Kris was there, and Kris didn’t speak one word, he just watched everything Suho did with the same frown on his face.  He had to tutor Kris ever Tuesday and Friday and eventually Kris got the guts to ask Suho out, and Suho eagerly said yes to him. When they graduated Kris and Suho ended up getting Jobs on the opposite sides of the city, but they made it work, they loved each other enough to keep what they had. Suho did get lonely though, he wanted Kris there with him, but he knew that he couldn’t make Kris drive all the way to his place then to work in the morning so he looked into getting a pet. He had heard about the hybrids and looked into getting one, maybe it would help with the loneliness.
He went to a recommended shop about two blocks from where he worked, it was very clean and only sold companion hybrids. He walked in and asked the older lady working in the front what kind of pet she would recommend for him. She smiled and walked him over to the puppies.
“All of the puppies are extremely loyal and loving.”
He smiled at her then looked around at all the puppies running around the room and one in particular caught his attention. A small puppy with brown curly hair and the cutest smile he’d ever seen was running around his legs, laughing loudly. The puppy’s laughter was contagious as was his smile; Suho bent down and stuck his hand out to the puppy.
“Hello.”
He smiled and the puppy stopped in front of him. The puppy took Suho’s hand in both of his and smiled even bigger.
“Hello!”
Suho chuckled and shook his little hands.
“I’m Suho, what’s your name?”
The puppy sat down and starched at his ear.
“I’m Chen.” 
Suho spoke and played with Chen all day until the lady told him they were closing and he collected his things. As he walked back to the front Chen grabbed at his pant legs with a pout and water eyes.
“Are you leaving?”
Suho’s heart welt up, but he nodded. The puppy lowered his head, his ears went flat on his head and his tail stopped shaking. Suho bent down and pet Chen on the head, smiling down at him.
“I’ll come pick you up tomorrow once I get all the paperwork I need okay?”
Chen’s ears went up and he stuck out his pinky finger.
“Promise?”
Suho chuckled and linked their pinkies.
“I promise.”

 

Suho had Chen for about four months when they found Baekhyun. There were two types of hybrids, companions like Chen and then there were mates, which Baekhyun happen to be. Companions were sold in pet stores for families or for people who just wanted to have a pet. Mates where sold in sleazy brothels and bred from a young age to go into heat at least once a month, where as companions only went into heat three times a year. Suho and Chen were walking to a pet store specifically for clothes when Chen heard a loud cry come from an alleyway. Chen’s ears immediately went flat against his head and he stopped in his tracks.
“I hear someone.”
Suho looked around then back at Chen.
“What do you mean?”
Chen walked toward the alley.
“There is someone in here, I think they’re hurt.”
Suho grabbed Chen’s arm and pulled him back a little.
“Hey, wait be careful.”
Chen tried to pull away from Suho’s grasp. The cries where getting louder, even Suho heard it this time and Chen got free and ran over. Suho ran after him, when he caught up he saw Chen standing over another puppy. The puppy was dirty and looked hurt, he was about Chen’s size and was curled up against a trashcan.
Chen got on his knees and tapped the dirty puppy.
“Hey.”
The puppy’s ears went back, and his eyes got big looking in-between both Suho and Chen frantically.
“Are you okay?” Suho went to touch the puppy, but he growled and Suho retracted his hand. Chen rubbed the puppy’s arm.
“What is your name?”
The puppy sniffled and tears started filling his eyes.
“B-Baek-khyun”
Chen moved forward and wrapped his arms around Baekhyun, pulling against him his chest. Baekhyun was startled at first but the curled up in Chen’s arms and started crying. Chen held him while Suho watched his puppy be very protective, in the couple of months he’s had Chen, he’d never seen him act like that for anyone.
“Do you want to bring him home with us?”
Suho put his hand on Chen’s head. Chen looked up at him and nodded, Baekhyun still crying in his arms.
It was a bit of a struggle, but they got Baekhyun to go to their apartment. Chen took full initiative of taking care of all of his needs; He bathed him, gave him clothes, fed him, and even gave Baekhyun his bed for the night. Suho called Chen’s Vet to set up an appointment to take Baekhyun checked up to make sure he was okay. The night was pretty restless, Baekhyun had a lot of nightmares and kept crying out in the middle of the night, but Chen was always next to him and would calm him down enough to go back to sleep for a little while longer.
In the morning when they went to the Vet, Suho found out that Baekhyun was a mate hybrid and didn’t really know how to feel about it. He got a companion hybrid for a reason and keeping a mate would possibly bring around a lot of problems he didn’t want, but Chen was insistent that they keep him. He promised Suho he would take care of him and make sure that he had everything he needed. After further convincing Suho agreed and got all the paperwork to keep Baekhyun.
It really didn’t take much after that for Baekhyun to get use to both Chen and Suho. He was extremely grateful that they took him in and thanked them all the time. Chen was especially fond of Baekhyun, so he would always smile widely and hug him telling him that he was the cutest puppy ever, and Baekhyun would blush and hide his face in Chen’s chest.

Soon after that Suho convinced Kris to get a pet himself. He told Kris he should get a puppy so all their puppies could play together, but when went over he met Kyungsoo. Well he really didn’t meet him, because Kyungsoo hid under Kris’s bed the whole time, but he thought Kyungsoo was the cutest and smallest kitty he’d ever seen, so he was extremely nice. Baekhyun and Chen tried to play with Kyungsoo, but he wasn’t having it.
When Kris got Chanyeol, Chen got a little jealous from how much Baekhyun seemed to like him, but ignored it. When they went over Baekhyun would cling to Chanyeol, but Chen would pretend he didn’t care and go off and do his own thing. It was all okay though, because when they went home it was Chen that Baekhyun slept with, and cuddled with until he went to sleep so he didn’t mind if he had a crush on Chanyeol as long as he didn’t leave Chen.
Suho loved his pets, and just wanted them to be happy. He spoiled the living crap out of both of them, took them out a lot, and took them over to Kris’s place all the time. He even took a couple of pictures of them, like Kris did, his favorite was a picture he took of all three of them and put it on instagram with the caption: Happy Family. It had one comment from Kris saying: #FamilySwag. 

 

 

-
Yay okay. I had really wanted to do a little background on the other pets so 
this and the next two chapters will be about the other pets then back to Chansoo! 
Im glad some of you wanted more of the other pets^^ 
thank you for being so nice and cute <3 I love you guys 

~If you dont care about the other pets, I'll title all of them "The tale of ~" so you can skip them.~
Also 100 SUBSCRIBERS I love you omfg you're all so great THANK YOU <3