Hi, Bobby - Dear Diary Part 2

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Votes wanted a part 2 so here it is...ENJOY^^

~~~

 

The very first time Bobby picked up a guitar was when he was merely a naive kid whose best friend was in the form of a stuffed miniature sized Pooh doll (although it arguably still is). He would strum the guitar, marching around the room like a rockstar with every intention to grab his beloved hyung’s attention. Nothing more. When his older brother would finally give in to the free spirited dongsaeng, Bobby would then finally let go of the instrument, for it had done its job.

 

Years later and now set to debut, Bobby had improved a great deal, but was still arguably light years away from reaching the capabilities of Kang Seungyoon and such. He knew it and so did the members.

 

“Hyung, can you please go elsewhere?” Junhoe begged as he kept his pillow wrapped snugly around his ears. He was sure that he was going to go deaf if he continued to get exposed to Bobby’s playing, in what he would describe as sounding like ‘a pig’s last screech before it got turned into pork chops’.

 

“Ayyy I’m not that bad~” Bobby grinned innocently before halting.

He really wasn’t that awful, but for some reason it always put the other in a sour puss mood.

 

“Why do you think no one is ever around when you play that thing?” He was now beginning to slowly descend the fluffy thing, keeping his eyes fixed on the hyung’s fingers just in case he needed to hide his ears once more.

 

“That’s not true...you’re here aren’t you?” Bobby pointed out.

 

“That’s because I’m simply too lazy to get up and leave…” he stretched his long limbs in a relaxed state once realizing that the older one was done with his impromptu session.

Even if June enjoyed his quiet time, he was more stubborn than anything.

Why would he have to relocate when he was in the bedroom first?

 

“Uhh, hyung are you done?” Chanwoo appeared in the crack of the door, peeping his small head in like a timid bird.

 

“Am I reallllllyyy that bad?” Bobby questioned semi laughing at this point now. Although pretty much overly dramatic, he felt like he was up against the world.

 

“Hmm? No no no!” Chanwoo panicked, shook his hands in disagreement, “it’s just that the ramyun is done now...so...I’m just calling you guys before it gets too chewy. Yunhyeong hyung said it’s no good if it’s eaten any other time…”

 

“He’s just being nice~that basically means you hyung,” Junhoe teased before speedily zooming out towards the kitchen as the other two followed behind.


 

“Guys, do I at playing the guitar?” Bobby sighed as he slumped into his vacant chair.

 

“Aish!” June exclaimed slamming his chopsticks down onto the table, “Hyunggggg~ do we really need to get into this RIGHT NOW? Why do you always want to throw a press conference about such petty things?”

 

“Shh. That’s not nice June!” Jinhwan scolded. Threatening to only serve him a small portion if he was going to continue being a smartass.

 

 

“Just curious~” Bobby answered back with his toothy grin, “You can continue on eating fatty,” he laughed as he pat the younger one insisting for him to continue on.

 

“I think you improved!” Yunhyeong smiled as he signaled an encouraging thumbs up.

 

“Dong is still better. You’re nothing compared to him,” the busy eater murmured in between spoonfuls of soup.

 

“I heard that June!” Jinhwan warned once more.

 

“Miahae~ I just believe it’s better to deliver the news straight forward. Y’know like rip the band aid quick and fast~” Junhoe’s blunt self always kept the eldest busy disciplining him.

 

“Donghyuk hyung is good at everything~ piano, guitar, dancing…” Chanwoo deemed as the individual receiving the compliment only softly smiled back.

 

“You see, maknae agrees~” the young jokester continued on teasing, rebelling despite the stern words of Jinhwan.

 

“I guess I’ll just practice back at the YG building then…” Bobby decided, not really caring.

 

“My prayers have been answered~” Junhoe cooed, “and when you finally sound half decent, Hanbin hyung can incorporate your production on our album”.

 

“Speaking of, where is Hanbin?” Bobby questioned searching left and right for the leader.

 

“Where else?” Jinhwan soughed, “still at work. He never seems to leave the headquarters…”

 

--

 

The first time Bobby stumbled across Hayi in the building was somewhat accidental.

 

Prior to meeting the shorty and his whiny food addict rommate in the cafeteria, he was keeping Hanbin busy in the recording room. Hanbin who had barely slept the past month claimed that he had no time for such trivial things and had only taken short naps here and there when his eyelids failed to remain open. He was now looking like a zombie. His dark circles began to look like it would permanently mark itself there and his gait began to increasingly become lifeless. So when the opportunity finally arose to trick the busy bee into getting a few hours of some actual sleep, the boy jumped at the opportunity.

 

“Remember just ten minutes hyung,” Hanbin yawned, “wake me up in exactly ten minutes”.

 

“Arasso. Arasso~” Bobby chanted while actively leading the other onto the leather sofa where he had nicely laid a handful of pillows skillfully in the right spots.

 

The older boy waited exactly five minutes before quietly stepping out to give the member complete silence. He had already decided upon himself to scratch the ten minute nonsense and disappear for a few hours instead. His betrayer-like actions were all in consideration for B.I in the first place anyway.

 

Bobby was simply planning on stopping by the cafeteria for something quick to drink and then scurry off elsewhere, likely an empty practice room to try out his guitar skills once more. But then he saw his tall dongsaeng seated happily in front of a plateful of food, a yoghurt perfectly untouched to his side. And without much thought of the reprimand it might cause, he swiftly went for the treat and finished it whole. It was perfect for the dry throat that was annoying him.

 

The action had immediately caused a small stupid childish brawl. It was only when a small figure placed itself in between the two that Bobby had realized that she was there the entire time.

 

Bobby immediately backed off and apologized to Hayi for having to witness their foolish bout before embarrassingly sitting himself. In reality, he wanted to run. He always wanted to keep that cool facade, especially in front of the sunbaes like Hayi, but it was immediately tarnished. He sat there before her silently thinking of how to start an appropriate conversation to redeem himself. He wanted to hit himself for failing to act like a gentleman before a girl and as if on cue, he received a hard hit directly on his shin. It came out of no where.

 

The next thing Bobby knew, he had his arm wrapped around the singer for support, leaning a good amount on what he believed was a fragile little frame. This ‘skinship’ was a million steps ahead from the awkwardness they were in just minutes ago. But thankfully the incident brought them closer...literally. The fresh bruise along his leg caused a throbbing pain to shoot up his spine with every step, but it only allowed the guy to gather new info about Hayi in which he had never known before. Her strength for example, exceeded his estimations. For a tiny girl, she kicked like a legit soccer player of some sort.

 

He really didn’t want to drag the girl to their dorm, but Junhoe was still holding grudges for stealing his treat and he couldn’t quite walk properly after the hit. Honestly, he wasn’t even quite sure why they were headed that way in the first place. But the trio got there in a jiffy to a surprised hyung welcoming them with confusion illustrated in his eyes.

 

Bobby knew for a fact that Jinhwan would spill the beans about the situation they were in to their leader...his arm around her casually, their bodies a little too close…

 

He pleaded through his stares at the elder to keep it a secret, but the other would only look back worried. The rapper would then glance over to the other vocalist, but he knew he can’t trust him to shut his mouth, for the young guy was cheekily beaming.

 

“And what about Hanbin?” Jinhwan finally spoke aloud.

 

“He’s...this is nothing,” Bobby’s words came out defensive; although, there was no actual reason for him to defend himself...Something still felt off though as if he was performing a sinful act by bringing the girl back to their dorm.

 

“Maybe I should call leader hyung~” June mocked, enjoying the bothered reaction from Bobby. These mere seconds of provoking was a good enough revenge to satisfy the boy.

 

But then she ran off like a marathon runner, not once looking back. Her action was more than abrupt, but Bobby let out a sigh of relief, for would have gone down if Hanbin did arrive on the scene. He’d get a ear full for

1) not waking him up in the assigned ridiculous ten minutes and

2) doing things (even if they were such trivial innocent things) with Lee Hi.


 

Bobby spent the rest of the day planning out how to approach any confrontations from B.I in regards to the above, because everyone knew that the iKON leader always found out about everything. It was semi freaky in actuality, as if the guy secretly planted a hidden camera on each member, since somehow he always uncovered everything. The truth wo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter