Hi, Bobby - She's Different

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Bobby said he wanted to try acting, he meant it as a joke.


 

He initially laughed about the idea of taking on a ‘character’ and putting on an act in front of the camera. Him acting sounded like the best joke of the year, but some people can’t tell the difference. Yang CEO was one of them. A week after Bobby had made that harmless comment, the boss had awarded him with the starring role in HI SUHYUN’s debut music video.

 

He was already busy with a packed schedule dealing with post Show Me The Money related appearances as well as trainee tasks that required his blood, sweat, and tears. There can’t possibly be enough time in a day to spare for acting...especially since he had no intention into delving into such a career outside of music.

 

The music video shoot was the next day and the boy had stalled a total of 5 days to break the news that he wanted out. He was terrified of Yang Hyun Suk, which was reasonable considering that he had all the power to just strip him from being part of YG. Bobby really couldn’t do it though. His body was telling him to cancel, for it had barely any strength left to even continue standing. He stood by the YG elevators, with his mind already prepared for the consequences he’ll encountered, when the elevator doors opened and Lee Hayi came forward.

 

“Oppa,” she greeted, “I heard you’re actually going to be filming with us tomorrow. Thought you’d be busy, but we’re both grateful that you could make it...”

 

Damn. There it was...guilt, tripping in just at the worst possible time ever. How could he possibly get himself out of this one when Hayi was standing there with sparkling eyes that could rival the brightest star? The girl was showering him with thanks, continuously letting him know that they would forever be indebted towards him for coming through at such a burdensome time that conflicted with his schedule. .

 

And that’s how it happened.

The agreement to feature in the duo’s debut soon quickly turned into Bobby’s first acting gig.


-

 

It was 5AM on a weekday and Bobby had only slept a total of four hours. One couldn’t even call it sleep as it seemed like the second he closed his eyes, it was time to wake up.

 

Bobby sat comfortably at the back of the truck waiting for the shoot to start, smiling for the cameras as they briefly interviewed him about his condition. He laughed at the appearance of the two girls dressed as high schoolers in their uniform, cutely walking over towards him. And for a moment, the fatigue that plagued him awhile ago didn’t seem too much of a worry.

 

 

To everyone’s surprise, filming was an ease.

The three of them cliqued like the three stooges, playfully nagging at each other with sly jabs and teases. Bobby had always known Suhyun to be such a cute girl since he along with the other guys had often come across her with Chanhyuk.

 

The shock was with Hayi. She was usually the chic type-one with not much words to spill and for the most part, kept one’s composure. Today however, she was bouncing off the walls with a smile printed on her face where anyone would think that she was born so happy. He liked seeing her this way, positive energy just transmitting out of her tiny self. She was talking much more than usual, something that Bobby wasn’t opposed to. He enjoyed this unexpected side to her. And so he would tell jokes with her, which to his surprise, she was able to completely handle. As hours flew by, his antics would rub off on her, making her throw one-liners that even made the unbeatable Bobby grow silent. It sometimes came to the point where the older one would look for her--look for her company.


 

The set was alive.

The young bloods of the new generation of YG gave a refreshing vibe. AKMU’s other half, Chanhyuk had eventually dropped by. Working as part time manager and part time spokesperson, he busied himself with handing out drinks to promoting his sister and same aged friend. Bobby was relieved to have another male arrive, for the two girls were starting to gang up on him, leaving him speechless one too many times.

 

“Chan Chan!”

It was likely the most embarrassing nickname anyone had given him and everytime Lee Hayi would call him that, his level of manhood decreased.

 

Chanhyuk flicked his friend’s forehead as she walked towards him, leaving a vibrant red mark along the targeted area. He had grown to be an expert at punishing her this way as she had grown to be an expert at referring him to strange names. The two ‘96ers bickered a storm of complaints with the other, something that they often would do when they would meet.

 

It was nothing out of the ordinary to witness, except for Bobby, this was a first. He stood in between them with a confused look, not sure if he should break this quibble or not. He turned towards the sister for advice, but Suhyun would only laugh at his concerns.

 

“The two of them have that cat and dog kind of relationship you just need to leave them alone.”

 

“The two of them seem like they’ll kill each other in any second now…”

 

But within seconds, the scene had simmered down. Their little rambles of annoyance had turned a page and the two were now off talking calmly to the other. As the day continued on, Bobby witnessed the pattern of the two’s strange relationship. After many cut calls during the shoot, Hayi would somehow be tangled with Chanhyuk and this close friendship of theirs started to eventually affect the rapper. Every time Bobby would drift to their side for some small talk, he found himself not understanding a thing. He was a third wheel and the feeling of playing that part was nothing short from misery.

Suhyun would find his obvious troubled face and laugh, trying to stir a chummy chat of their own. While he was grateful for the youngster’s friendliness, he kind of missed Hayi’s dumb harsh puns that perfectly matched his sense of humor.

 

However, Chanhyuk was now there, stealing his spot-providing that ear that would listen to her and even coming in to act as an extra.

 

So things soon turned to grow slow, and the fast paced fun atmosphere was finally starting to take take its toll on Bobby...who was growing tired once more.


-

 

Bobby’s eyes fell closed as he waited for the camera's recording lights to turn back on.

 

“Oppa?” Hayi approached hesitantly, staring at the boy who seemed to be drunk on sleep.

 

He lifted his heavy lids open. Bobby could barely see Hayi’s silhouette against the fiery sharp sunlight. “N-N-Neh?” His voice croaked, obviously showing evidence of exhaustion.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter