Hi, Jaewon - Fan Part 2

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaewon couldn’t let the image of the wide eyed girl shift out of his brain. Even if he was literally performing in front of a crowded hundred or so, her face would appear and so he couldn’t help but grin. Stuck in the middle amongst a crowd of taller people to her sides, she stood out under the glimmer of harsh club light. Frozen in spot while others so obviously bounced to the music, his attention had caught hold of her during his set one too many times; instances in which he had hoped she’d not notice too much. He after all had lived his years so far being quite sly rather than the kind to so easily give in.

 

Eventually the space succumbed to darkness, the deafening screams slowly faded away. Jaewon held his spot for a mere seconds before running off to the side of the stage, and with only a prayer in mind, he grabbed hold of the female silhouette he could just barely make out in the pitch black.

 

“Wait one second,” he breathed heavily, “I’ll be right out”. And with a slither of hope that he had directed the message to the girl he had just met earlier, he dashed off backstage.

 

Jaewon swiftly gave his mic back, tried to pry away from the many peers and management crew that had swarmed him, aggressively pouring their compliments for such a good turnout. He nodded, bowed, and hugged too many faces to count. He was too focused on reuniting with the girl at the bar that he hadn’t noticed the cry from his fellow rapper friends that desperately called him.

 

His long strides came to a stop when he noticed the pool of people eagerly headed out for the exit as the club was closing. His eyes searched frantically by the front of the stage where he had slipped directions to her--or at least he thought it was her-- to stay. Much to his disappointment, there was no one.

 

“Yo-” a tap on his shoulder. “There’s a company scout that wants to speak to you!”

 

He sighed at the disappearance of one, but his spirits remained high with the appearance of what seemed to be a new future. With one last scan over the heads of people leaving the club, Jaewon turned with an obvious sense of letdown before tracking on back.




 

“I-I-can’t breathe Jenny!” Hayi wailed as she was getting dragged down the street. Jenny had long legs-ones in which a normal step for her would be equivalent to two or three for the soloist.

 

“We need to make it back before unnie notices!” She screeched, not slowing down a bit.

 

The YG staff were generally as a whole, very chill when it came down to the girls’ personal life. As long as they didn’t spew up some grand national scandal, they were quite free to do whatever...that, and well, no dating. YG claimed it as allowing them to gain inspiration that will connect them to fully awaken their creative juices. Curfews was another thing as well. No time was set in stone, but it was expected that they’d be all settled in their respective dorms by 12am with the exception of overtime practices at the company.

 

Jenny was frantic, it was now close to 3am and of course, the one time that she finally convinces her friend to leave for a girls night out, the head unnie for the female artists decide to do a random check up.



 

“Hayi-ah, you awake?” Jenny whispered into the phone, her bed sheets formed a protective cave over her.

 

Luckily, the two just barely made it safe into their dorms and had a spare minute to peel off any evidence from their makeup to their clothes by the time they got examined. They were scrap free from trouble.

 

“Mhmm, but I’m tired,” Hayi huffed from the other line, “I’m never doing this again”.

 

“Lies,” Jenny laughed, “I saw you~” she teased. She wasn’t exactly sure when it happened, but it was somewhere in between the showcase that she had witnessed an over joyment of excitement pouring out of the smaller one. You couldn’t have guessed by the way Hayi stood absolutely stick still during the entire hour, but Jenny knew despite that.

 

“You sound awfully awake for someone that’s supposedly tired,” she interrogated.

 

“I got stuff on my mind.” Hayi spilled. Truth was that it was steering close to 4AM now and she couldn’t shake off the male rapper that so charismatically spits words out into the microphone and enchants her into some sort of spell.

 

“Is this about a guy?” Jenny curled her sheets around herself tight, giddily hugging it, “Lee Hayi, did you meet someone today?” Her voice was threateningly getting louder.

 

“I’ll tell you details about it later…” Hayi whispered. She couldn’t exactly grasp the whole thing that occurred with the star performer of the night and so she figured that if she herself couldn’t describe it, where in the world would she begin when explaining it to her friend?

 

“Noo~ you can’t do this to me~” Jenny pleaded. “Details! I need details!”

She loved any good news about romance, especially if it started when she was around. She could piece together the pieces, figure out when and how things had began. Flashes of random male faces from the club flooded her memory.

 

Was it perhaps the tall guy to her right during the show? He was maybe around 185cm with shaggy yet styled hair brushed off to the side. Did Hayi possibly fall for him when he flicked his bangs out of his eyes after he accidentally bumped into her too harshly during the second song? No. It couldn’t be. Hayi was never the type to go for someone that tall especially if he had that hairstyle. She thought about the other guy behind them who would often playfully draw his arms casually around both her and Hayi’s shoulders during the tracks that really hyped the crowd up. However Jenny never quite seemed to witness the two chat even if it was a simple exchange of head nods to acknowledge the other. Now that she carefully did think about it, the only person that Hayi kept her focus on the entire night she was with her was none other than ONE.

 

“NO WAY!” Jenny had now sat up in a hurry, “IS IT---”

 

“Night!” Hayi cut off. For some reason she felt embarrassed. She wasn’t even sure if her friend had known who was the cause for her insomnia, but the late night chat with her about the entire ordeal was making her cheeks flush to a crimson.

 

Hayi didn’t want to think about it anymore. Even if it was terribly difficult to do so, she desperately wanted to fall into some deep slumber that would erase the night because as much as this new found admiration for someone was making her skittish positively, it was also quite dangerous for her to be feeling that way.




 

“Hayi-ahhh~” a voice sang aloud. It was obviously Jenny. The girl looped her arm into Hayi’s, sticking close to her friend like gum.

 

“What’s gotten into you?” Hayi questioned, side eyeing her friend as she queued up in line for the cafeteria food.

 

“Me?! What’s up with you??” Jenny playfully nudged  the other, almost knocking over the tray from Hayi’s hands that barely had enough energy to carry it in the first place.

 

“It’s too early Jenny…”

 

“I can tell. You look like you had no sleep!” she was staring at the dark circles that ran down to Hayi’s cheeks. “It’s because of that person

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter