Hi, Olltii - Guard Down Part 2

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Olltii isn't exactly a bad guy, but he just has a tendency  to steer away from the right path...a lot.


 

He never really paid much attention to idol rappers, didn’t have much of an opinion of them until he saw many of his colleagues ‘sell out’ for that lifestyle. His friends whom he once battled it out in the late nights of run down joints by the streets of Hongdae started to disappear one by one. Their talent being wasted by having to spit lyrics that made no sense, on beats pushed out by whatever their company fed them. Olltii disliked this motion. And so he unconsciously began to hold hostility to any individual who held the title of an idol rapper. His troubles began to reach a new high when he signed up for SMTM, being surrounded by kids from large labels using this platform to expose themselves to gaining fame. Many of them , but that meant nothing when they were protected by their numerous female fans. Olltii just wanted to compete against the best, but watching these pretty boys pass each round in replacement for others really struck a chord with him.

 

Olltii was listening to these idol rappers, but not really. He chose to  believe that they all lacked any sense of flow. But there were two amongst the crowd that kept on being a nuisance, the infamous trainees of YGE: Bobby and Hanbin.

 

Bobby was his main target. Largely due to the fact that the American raised kid was so laid back, not afraid to raise his voice and equally provoke him. While Hanbin...Hanbin was just always there. It was some wicked turn of events, having been put in the same group with the guy. Olltii was positive that he’d skin himself alive with needing to mingle with the other. But he’d make sure to bite his tongue whenever their was an audience, faking as nice of a personality towards Hanbin when needed before relaxing and cursing underneath his breath when recordings weren’t a factor.

 

Olltii didn’t understand the need to have these daily meetings with the fellow contestants. He disliked the idea of ‘combining their minds’ together to form something great. It was a plan set out by the YG coaches and although Olltii was never one to question the brilliance of Tablo, the boy just couldn’t think of any positive thing that could come from this.

 

He was trudging his way to the company building, dragging his hesitant feet harshly along the rough gravel road. In the near distance, he could see the annoying face of the pretty polished YG kid, standing there like he owned the place.

 

It was likely a handful of minutes wherein the two of them stood standing by the other without a single word being spoken. Damn this is awkward. Olltii could see the little glances that the boy would throw his way and it was causing him to itch. He seriously disliked having to spend time with such an awkward fellow.

 

“You gonna remember your rap this time?”

If Hanbin wasn’t going to start talking, Olltii figured that he’d take the initiative.

 

That past moment was legendary in Olltii eyes. The moment where the prized YG trainee stood on stage stuttering his words, as if the Korean language was disappearing from his memories. Without a doubt, it was entertaining to witness as it could possibly be a rare sight to ever come across again. Olltii wasn’t ignorant to the fact that companies associated with being part of the big 3 have high standards, especially coming from YG Ent.

Hanbin had some grit to his style, he’d admit that, but he was adamant that that was all there was.

 

The kid was a pawn to Olltii’s game, just another insignificant character that needs to be dragged down and so playing with his feelings to get the better of him was all part of the grand plan.

Olltii could see through the other’s fake bravery from the quiver of his lips. Hanbin was honestly just so easy to poke.

 

Their meet ups were almost always the same. The two boys arriving much earlier, or rather on time in comparison to their high schooler teammate. Olltii didn’t have much of an opinion in regards to Yook Jidam. There were many around him that sent compliments toward the female. Olltii saw areas for improvement in her, but she was more or less like the female Hanbin. Just decent. Therefore, whenever his two teammates would drift off exchanging notes and sharing lyrics, the act didn’t phase him. Olltii figured that somewhere along the lines, he was starting to get in the way...being the third wheel to something. So for the most part, he steered clear from the two. It wasn’t such a bother anyway to stay solo for he never quite cared one inch for the others’ company. He’d get his work done quickly in order to avoid the two getting all chummy. He didn't need their friendship.

 

There were a couple of times where they’d look to him for his opinion. Which was not a surprise considering that he often got points for his witty lyrics and sharp punchlines. He was a pro in that aspect, a dongsaeng that Zico praised upon. But as much as he’d be indifferent to the idea of providing them with pointers, he really disliked giving them an upper hand to something that may bite him in the later on down in the competition. Olltii wasn’t about to start sharpening his own double edged sword.

 

It was just like any other day. Chatter amongst the two while he stayed to himself, scribbling away his own set of lyrics that freely came to his mind. He was done in a matter of minutes, taking the spare time to allow his eyes drift across the room. Everything about YG was immaculate. The walls, floors, equipment...one could just imagine how bankrupt one would be in order to afford all of it. And then he looked upon his competitors. Side by side they whispered, closely evaluating their work as if the whole SMTM thing was some kind of group evaluation. It made Olltii rather queasy. It was sickening to him to see them sharing opinions and strategize how to get better. Wasn’t the whole point to be the best with one’s own effort? Was this some kind of joke between the two, having them help the other out? This was exactly why Olltii was a tough cookie, hating idol rappers like Hanbin that were so soft and easily melt to help the opposite .  

 

He made up an excuse to leave the two, finding refuge anywhere far from the two lovebirds. It was along his endless random walks down the hallways when he bumped into her. Literally.

 

Olltii was about to apologize, like what any sane human being would do when the petite

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter