Hi, Hanbin - His Choice Part 1

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was the self proclaimed unbeatable single man.

 

Somehow that simple declaration was taken out of context, seen as legit. It was literally the defining moment that showcased how a single second could change everything. But Hanbin was actually just joking… Too bad the public didn’t catch on. The boy found himself caught in a dilemma that labelled him as being innocent, cute, adorable, and any other marshmallow and rainbow fluffy terms that made him itch beneath his skin. Which, he was the complete opposite of.

 

Unbeatable single man? My .

Well, sort of.

 

Truth was, he was single because it was his choice to be so. He had options lined up for him to choose, left and right, girls of various styles begged for his attention. But Hanbin didn’t want to get entangled in a web of complicated relationships that he knew would arise if ever he accepted one of these girls that threw themselves at him. Instead, he was a casual dater, where everyone was a trial, an expiry date already decided on the second he’d take them out. He had plenty of these flings, weekend arm candy girls that relieved his certain needs every now and then.

 

However, never...never would he proudly claim these people as girlfriend material. So in his mind, he was absolutely still that untouched snowflake.

 

But it was just too late to clear the air. The public deemed him as the inexperienced protege who would melt at the sight of the female species. When he gathered the courage to approach Yang CEO about the issue, the guy was only asked to play along. The viewers were eating away in the palms of their hands at the idea of a charismatic leader being so ‘pure’, and YG wasn’t gonna let that illusion go to waste.

 

So Kim Hanbin continued to live this sort of “lie”, one that he had created upon himself. It was he who had dug his own grave and now he had to be the best mother ing actor when that red light and the cameras’ focus switched on him.

 

If there was one thing that everyone knew about B.I, it was the fact that the youngster would give it his all no matter how large or small of a task he took on. And this facade of being forever single would be his winning role for a damn daesang at the year end acting awards.

 

Best actor, Kim ing Hanbin. Thank you very much.

 

--

 

This less than perfect image of B.I was for the most part well hidden amongst those in the company...well at least the females. BIGBANG, WINNER, EPIK HIGH...they all knew well that the boy strategically used his power as a chick magnet for various pleasures. Then there were the contending boys of his very own group, iKON. They gradually got accustomed to the frequent nameless faces of girls which entertained their leader every now and then. Junhoe in particular saw it as the perfect opportunity to run a little side business, starting a pool for estimations when their dear Hanbin would grow tired of the current girl he had decided to string along. He was making a bountiful of cash through this, his bets always coming out on top much to the suspicions of others.

 

Things got out of hand though, when B.I chose a random pretty face he came across one day at the nearby convenience store. She was from overseas who had perfectly disguised herself, restraining her dying need to spazz the moment the tall boy shot her a gaze that commanded, ‘come hither’.

 

It was somewhere along the chips aisle that their touchy-feely moments were interrupted by the soft cough that escaped the hidden gem singer of YG.

 

Lee Hi was out on the run to purchase her favorite thing to munch on, but was rudely denied access to the savory treat by the two whose faces were attached to the other. She was disgusted and annoyed of the events played out before her not so much because of the public display of affection, but more so of the fact that it just so happened to be right in front of her beloved chips.

 

Take your raging hormones to the hotel. people these days...

 

“Excuse me,” she began, “but you’re rolling all over my chips...and I like to eat them whole instead of getting ty crumbs”.

She began tapping her foot, impatiently waiting for them to separate and be gone.

 

The boy unlatched his lips from the girl who had her own vacuum sealed onto his. He peeped his head over to see the person who inconveniently caused a pause in their actions. What kind of person can’t take a clue as to what is going on?

 

To his surprise, it was Hayi, the same aged friend who was nothing less than a stranger to him. She was the last person he figured to find. There was something about her that he found intriguing. Maybe it was the fact that the public failed to recognize who she was either that made him drawn towards the labelmate. Lee Hi was the shy, awkward, powerful singer to them. She was a wallflower in their eyes. But just like his case, they were wrong. So far off the mark.


 

“Hey there,” he casually replied as he sidestepped just a tad bit away from the foreigner.

 

The singer lifted a brow before sweeping in to grab her goods, “continue on~” she motioned, as she walked away as if nothing happened.

 

Lee Hi was the first female within the YG circle to be exposed to this side of himself.

 

--

 

.

 

That was the first thought that popped into Hanbin’s mind once he was informed of the singer to be featured for their mix & match stage.

Lee Hi, the sole person who knew he was a devil in disguise would be their partner.

 

What kind of bad deed did he do in his past life to be punished like this?

 

Their sessions were awkward beyond belief. She approached the situation casually, like they were familiar with one another when in fact, he could count their encounters with just one hand: four in total. Hayi was a damn good actor, his rival for that acting award that had his name all over it at the end of the year.

 

Somehow they had gone through an entire week with their roles. She was uberly friendly and easily mingled, while he executed his bashful disguise entirely for the cameras to capture. And it would all disappear almost instantly when everything turned off. Or at least that was the case to one another.

 

He noticed that she was still open to the other guys, but was the antithesis when it came to him.

 

Hanbin had wandered off to the guest dressing room while ordering the rest to head to the dorms, promising that they’ll celebrate their efforts afterwards. He just needed to clarify something.

It was the evening of their rehearsals, a day before the actual performance and B.I’s feet had gradually found itself outside the girls’ room, only Lee Hi remained back.

 

He knocked once or twice before allowing himself inside, catching the girl in the act of changing. She had just slipped on her reliable oversized hoodie, her head just popping out as she stared at the sudden intruder.

 

“Hey there,” Hanbin greeted as his eyes continued to lock itself on the vision of the girl slowly pulling the strands of her hair up and out.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter