Hi, Mino - Unexplainable

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

He’s checking his phone for updates.

 

It’s been a couple of hours since the new tracks were released and as per expected, his mobile is blowing up with countless notifications. The fans that had stuck around during the hiatus, and those that are new, blast his social media with congratulatory praises. Staff are just as generous with their words towards the group. He is greeted with the same acknowledgment from his fellow friends from the same field. Their songs are that good.

 

But he can’t help but notice hers missing.

 

To be honest, he’s slightly offended. They’ve grown close throughout the last few years. They’ve come across each other at the company and even share mutual friends. He featured on her album as well. But maybe he shouldn’t have expected anything.

 

It doesn’t really bother him though. At least that’s what he’s telling himself.

 

He’s going about his day as usual.

With their comeback, his schedule is packed and there’s barely time for personal needs. So he eventually forgets about the whole ordeal, but the damn thought continues to creep up every now and then, but he laughs it off. It's nothing. Really.

 

He’s awfully surprised when he returns back to the dorm from a recording session with his beloved Seungri sunbaenim for some upcoming track. He stops midway from the foyer for he wasn’t expecting her. His eyes widen a little too much when they land onto the petite girl. The eldest finds him, welcoming the rapper with a small embrace that says he understands because somehow despite how lost and confused he looks, Jinwoo catches onto the tiny secrets that the others are too scared to spill aloud.

 

Hayi looks like she’s in her environment, as if their dorm was actually shared upon her as well. Her short legs dangle over as she sits comfortably on the countertop. She’s got those hideous mom jeans that society questions why it's making a comeback into being fashionable, but Mino’s been equally into such style as well, heck he finds them quite cute one her. Her hair is frazzled and tied loosely, the stubborn strands tucked behind her small ears--Small ears that have turned red. His gaze follows the patch of rosy tint that appear on her bare smooth cheeks.

And he can’t help but to notice her smile.

 

His lips are tempted to curl upwards to mimic hers, but fall almost immediately when it occurs to him why--or rather who it’s directed to.

 

Seunghoon has known Hayi for a span of years that’s really too long to count.

Naturally, their bond is one that goes further than that of being just labelmates. The dancer refers to her as his sister, but he doesn't know whether or not to believe that. So sometimes he wonders what exactly the two mean to each other, but a part of him is more satisfied with keeping such information a mystery. For now, what he can confirm is that it is Seunghoon who she smiles for.

 

And there’s a slight prick in his chest from knowing so.

 

He claims the empty seat next to their leader.

“How long has Hayi been here?” the rapper ponders.

Unfortunately, the other is too occupied with his Nintendo to hear the words that are being asked.

 

“An hour? Maybe two?” Jinwoo responds as he continues to set the table.

 

He observes the extra plating in addition to their usual four. She’s going to be joining them.

 

His mouth grows tense. He’s somewhat still holding a grudge on her for not messaging him…

What seems to irk him more is the thought that she likely had spoken congratulatory words to others, or more specifically, to Seunghoon. Because they always talked.

 

He watches the duo over in the kitchen from the corners of his eyes. He hears the smalls laughs that escape from the chit chat that’s troublesome to comprehend because it’s all lingo that only the two would get.

 

“It’s not good to frown,” Jinwoo chimes in quietly to which the boy quickly readjusts his expression.

 

“What’s wrong with him now?” Seunghoon walks carefully into the dining area with his trademark pasta dish in hand and the small girl following soon after from behind.

 

“Nothing~” he laughs defensively. It’s a tad bit awkward, but nobody questions him.

 

“Sup Hayi-ah,” he greets when she finally comes near.

 

“Oppa, wassup!” She replies, offering him a high five.

 

He allows his hand to remain in contact with hers for a couple of seconds too long, holding her tiny hand with slight pressure. He wants her to make it clear. But what he’s trying to clarify, he’s not quite sure.

 

He watches her as she serves the food for each of the members, him included. It’s these little quirks that the girl does which make something inside him flutter. Or maybe it’s the sheen of sparkles which cast on her charming eyes that cause him such jitters. He wonders for a second if others feel the same way. He wonders for a second if others see what he sees.

 

Their conversation consists of mainly their pets that have taken over the dorm. Similarly to the group, the animals have grown accustomed to the soulful singer’s frequent visits. They by referring to her as the mother of their pets, throwing playful threats that she must do her part taking care of them during days when the group is abroad. Besides themselves, family, and managers, there's no one else suitable for the job. They trust her.

 

He smirks at the fullness of her cheeks. He finds it precious how she's somehow able to slurp up yet another string of pasta when they are already filled to a max. The guys find it cute. One more than the others.

They finish the food incredibly fast. Hayi consumes the most which is honestly not much news. Seunghoon has even been purposely feeding the girl plentiful during her drop-ins because he has seen first hand how strict she has it with dieting. While the average girl would be embarrassed or even restrain themselves, Hayi doesn't hide anything. She nether plays the fake famished card nor slows down from eating. It doesn't help that their food is delectable either. Their dorms being just a mere few minutes away from each other is a plus.

 

Everything turns into a fuss when it’s time to determine who shall clean the mess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter