Hi, Hanbin - Guard Up Part 1

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Hanbin is not the kind that hates on just anyone, but there was something about the guy before him that irked every square inch of his body. Olltii.

 

Throughout the competition, Olltii made it no kept secret about his burning hate towards idol rappers. Despite Hanbin’s dying efforts of endless silent prayers each night, the arrogant guy was placed in the same group as himself, team YG. Although Olltii’s target was often more focused on his best friend Bobby, the guy spared nothing whenever an opportunity arrived for him to spit condescending words to Hanbin. Of course this would only happen when the cameras were turned elsewhere and when Tablo hyung or others were too busy to notice. Olltii was smart that way, keeping things rather mutual more or less for show and then establishing himself firmly when it was just the two.

 

Even with the numerous quarrels with Bobby, Hanbin never really dared to altercate in their business. Some may call him being a wuss or a traitor, but Hanbin could only refer his lack of action as playing smart. the ratings. the script. He refused to give into the writer's request for him to be a bit more bold. Bobby had no problem in stirring the fun with that idea as the trainee too was often quite used to the brutal dog eat dog world of hip hop. One could thank his familiar exposure to such style in the American rap scene.

 

But just because Hanbin would never break down his front of keeping things the way he wanted, that didn’t mean that he wasn’t just as annoyed of the same aged fake smiling team mate.


 

“You gonna remember your rap this time?”

 

Somehow the few mistakes in Hanbin’s previous performance was seeming to stick with him for a lifetime. He can dare anyone out there to try and juggle the amount of pressure, tasks, and commitment that he had accumulated until now without making one mistake. He dares anyone. Of course, the pompous hip hop lover, Olltii, would know nothing about his current life trials.

 

“I think I’m good. Thanks.”

Judging from the obvious curl in Olltii’s lips, Hanbin’s simple and quite honest answer was nothing more than amusement in the other’s mind. But this was just another one of those obstacles that Hanbin would have to endure..proving himself.

 

They were just barely into filming the show and Hanbin was mentally preparing himself to grow accustomed to the other’s company because he had already made up his mind that he would not be going anywhere soon in the competition--he will not get eliminated so easily. Although Hanbin would never admit it out loud, he knew very well that his male competitor was rather skilled.

 

“Oppas, annyeonghaseyo~”

 

Yook Jidam was arguably the saving grace that kept Hanbin from throwing a punch at the other when the sunbaes weren’t around. Because what kind of gentleman would be so unmannerly as to be such an--

 

“You’re late kid. Hurry it up now would ya?” Olltii fumed.

 

--an .

 

Noticing the apparent sour facial expression, she picked up her pace. The poor girl would just smile in return to the many spiteful shots that Olltii would fire her way.

 

“You didn’t need to run,” Hanbin grabbed hold of one of the many bags Jidam was hovering over her shoulders (he could never quite understand why the high schooler insisted on changing out of her uniform if it meant lugging so much baggage) before welcoming the others by the YG doorway.

 

Olltii would scoff as he made his way to the entrance, finding it quite hilarious that the trainee was making it seem like he knew the building like the back of his tongue...when the whole nation knew quite well that the grand place was just as foreign of a location to him as it was to Olltii himself.


 

-----


 

Kim Hanbin loves the main YG headquarters.

But when it opens its doors to outsiders like a certain foul mouthed kid whose name starts with Oll and ends in tii, a little bit of hate grows from the pit of his stomach.

 

Hanbin lifted his head a tad bit, taking his attention away from the tattered notebook full of lyrics to stare at his ‘enemy’. He hated the fact that the pompous jerk was freely sitting there, feet up against the hand crafted one of a kind marble table. Olltii likely doesn’t even realize that it would take a quarter of his life to pay for such a luxurious item. And yet there he was with his Air Jordans casually placed atop, leaning his back on the leather chair as if it were supposed to rock back and forth...which it’s not. Olltii doesn’t know about the hoops kids like Hanbin and the rest of the trainees had to go through in order to even see or set foot inside the place.

 

According to the clock, it had only been a handful of hours, but Hanbin could swear that it seemed like a century that he was spending time with Olltii. And it wasn’t as if the guy would go on about unnoticed. Hanbin could tell that the other was growing with frustration by the obvious obnoxious rude yawns that would spit from his mouth, making a scene. He wasn’t co operating with them either. Every question from Jidam would be ignored and although it took Hanbin every ounce in his body to do so, he’d politely ask for feedback to the guy on one or two lines he had also written. It wasn’t as if Hanbin needed Olltii’s approval or anything--it was far from that--but if Tablo hyung had forced them into these sessions together, there must have been a reason for it. Otherwise, what was the point of bringing them together when to even a blind man, the two males wanted nothing to do with the other. Yet, for every time in which Hanbin would reach out, he’d receive nothing in return.

 

“Yo, where’s the washroom in this place?”

It was the first words that Olltii had finally spoke since his arrival.

 

“What?”

 

Hanbin pulled himself away from helping the female contestant. He cleared his throat, lifting himself from his seat as he straightened his spine. Finally he could show off about his familiarity of the place. If there was something that Hanbin knew well of in the headquarters, it would be the locations of the restrooms spilled in every corner and hidden hallway. Of course he would know-- since every month for evaluations he’d escape to the comfort of the private room to find some peace before each test.

 

“Nevermind, I shouldn’t have bothered you two.”

 

There was an evasive look that spread on Olltii’s usually straight face. He was writing his own conclusions to the lack of space between his competitors, or how Hanbin was slightly leaned over towards Jidam. They were pretty close.


 

-----


 

There was a knot growing tighter in Hanbin’s stomach as time continued to waste away as Olltii’s disappearance was starting to get suspicious.

 

He was never the type to get curious about the other’s whereabouts, but there was something odd about Olltii in particular that really got underneath his skin. That eery feeling would continue to itch along his body the more Olltii kept himself hidden. There were three options running through Hanbin’s mind that would explain the issue.

 

One. Olltii had finally had enough and snuck his way out. Now if this were true, Hanbin wouldn’t be upset but more or less be grateful if anything since he never did enjoy his company in the first place. But Hanbin did at least expect some kind of departing announcement...since well, Olltii was the flashy type of guy who really did like the spotlight.

 

Two. Olltii had come across the sunbaes and was now receiving some tips about how to improve. Hanbin barely knew the guy, but judging by his impression of him, he had concluded that the other was born with a rather easy life. He was always walking around gloating about himself, his smug face almost revealing as if he had no worries. Maybe just maybe he was the rare type that had saved a country in his past life and was now getting all the blessings. If Hanbin wasn’t quite wary of the other before, his suspicions were really taking a toll on him now.

 

Three. Olltii was simply just familiarizing himself with the toilet, constipation being the culprit that would keep Hanbin sane.

 

Dammit. Hanbin was really keeping his faith on the third option as the other two would somehow lead to his suffering later on.

He quickened his pace down the hallways his breath not causing a hitch until he laid eyes on his foe. Hanbin was always considered a tad bit smarter than the average, but never in his life did he ever come to draw up a scenario like the one that stood before him.

 

Olltii’s path had somehow crossed with Lee Hi’s.

 

Despite the girl’s back facing towards him, Hanbin was sure that it was her. No other in YG had a frame as petite as hers, adorably short as if perfect to fit in one’s embrace. Her hair was golden. Just the perfect shade that was a mix of lush dark brown and a touch of a honey shine that was neatly yet imperfectly tied in a low ponytail. She dressed in nothing special, which was typical whene

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter