Hi, Hanbin - Exercise the Thought

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Upcoming comeback means a schedule packed with interviews. Bring on the redundant questions about the new music, the concept, the reasons for delays, etc. etc.

 

Then every now and then there were the random ones that asked the real mind busting questions.

 

Don’t you ever feel the need to date?

 

Hayi’s dating life is close to nonexistent. Correction. At this rate she was going to end up single for the rest of her poor sad life. She could blame it on her short stature. Of how majority of the male population in South Korea wanted girls with legs that went on and on and on. They craved for girls with thin long limbs and a perky attitude who’d flail around calling them ‘oppa~’.

And Lee Hayi was nothing but the complete opposite.

 

She barely left the house without a shoe that spared her another inch or two. Yeah, she was lacking in the height department. Unlike the many others on television, she had thighs. Legit thighs that represented the real world. And in no way in hell would one ever spot the girl oogling for the opposite . So yeah, she was a tad too petite, too curvy, and  too straightforward for many.

 

I’m not sure really. Besides I’m almost always lonely, so being by myself has become a habit. I guess that comes with being a solo.

 

Hayi had somehow grown used to it by now. Years of the single life was starting to become second nature. She had no one to spend her money on. No one to call at night. No one to spruce up her make up for. No one but herself.

 

And she quite liked it. That may be pushing it actually, but she didn’t really yearn for a boyfriend either.

 

Girls your age are out dating. Wouldn’t you like to be doing the same?

 

...until reporters would pester her on with the idea of being in a relationship. Eventually the thought of it did sound enticing. Almost like a forbidden thought that would creep up on her, have someone hold her in their arms and have their whispers tickle against the nape of her neck.

 

“That would be nice,” she meekly smiled, “but there’s no one around for that opportunity.”

 

The reporters would smile at her innocence. “No opportunity or is it prohibited?” they preyed on.

 

She revealed that her dating ban was technically over and done with, but there would always be a silent dislike from Yang CEO if ever she was to start. Hayi would always joke that he needed to relax. Of course, she greatly appreciated the immense amount of concern he had for her as if she was his own daughter, but she was grown now. Definitely grown enough for a boyfriend.

 

“I’m a homebody,” she explained.

There was nowhere more comfortable to be at than her home or the YG headquarters.

 

“YG is known for some in house romance….” Hayi did not like where this was going.

 

“Any possibilites for anything like that from happening?”

She couldn’t help but laugh. The thought of it alone made her shiver awkwardly. She was in disbelief. Who exactly was she supposed to date from there?

 

“You’re close with AKMU’s Chanhyuk…”

 

They were close as in that sibling type of relationship. is what she would call it if ever they tried to explore any romantic direction. Besides, Chanhyuk was into someone else. And Hayi knew that. Another reason why it was impossible. He looked at her the same that she did him.

 

“There’s a lot of labelmates that are close to your age. WINNER, iKON...How about Bobby? Hanbin? What are your thoughts on them?”

 

“They’re all cool. But I just don’t think so…” she politely replied, rejecting the idea and hoping that the subject would end. It was getting really weird.

They were feeding her thoughts that she never would quite think of herself.

 

But while they did stir away from mentioning the two groups again, her non existent dating life was still quite the famous topic until the very end.



 

It’s crazy how much it affected Hayi. That was all she could think of as she exercised, running for an hour or so on the treadmill. Date one of those guys...it was hilarious in some sort of way. She started laughing aloud. In between her little huffs for air, her giggles escaped.

 

“Noona, are you okay?” A thin voice asked.

 

Donghyuk had jumped on the machine next to her, his eyes both confused and concerned. She had often come across the boy during her sessions at the gym. Him and a few others. Some more frequent than the other members.

 

“Nothing,” she waved her hands in embarrassment which led to her misstep and somewhat fumbling.

 

“Whoa there lil one~” A hand firmly caught the small of her back, supporting her as she picked herself back into proper position.

“Well, aren’t you hyper today.” Hanbin carefully watched the girl, assuring that she wouldn’t fall before getting on the other treadmill.

 

The two iKON boys surrounded her from the left and right, witnessing her strange outburst.

 

“Been here long noona?” The younger one asked cheerfully getting into a full sprint.

It always amazed her at how athletic he was. Donghyuk was at least going three times faster than she was.

 

“Not too long…I think--”

 

“You look different,” Hanbin cut her off. She didn’t realize that the other was staring at her.

 

“I don’t know if I should say thank you or…”

 

“You’re wearing makeup.” He stated confidently before then adjusting his speed.

 

His statement caught her off guard. But then it dawned on her that majority of the time they see each other working out, she would be bare faced. Nothing on. No BB cream, lip tint, nothing. And it was only then that she felt strange. Kind of exposed in some sort. Hayi at that moment was grateful to have some sort of her ‘face on’.

 

She eyed him. Wondering silently if he was judging her. But what’s strange was that she was now more concerned with how she may have looked in those past encounters.

“Funny right? Since you’re used to me with nothing on…” her hands gripped hard against the handlebar clumsily.  

 

“You look good.” He was staring out into the glass window. “There’s not much difference.”

 

It was that assurance that unlocked the flood of voices from previously in the day that chimed on Hanbin being a good match for her, that they’d look good together, etc. etc. Hayi looked away, bashfully setting her eyes to the ground.

 

Hanbin would see it all from the reflection, causing him to smile just a tad bit, affection spilling from his sparkling eyes that she would never quite see.



 

An hour later and Hayi still trekked on, now speed walking more than running. The other company had drifted from her side and were now fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter