Hi, Mino - Awkward Part 2

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Well this is awkward….”

Oh Hyuk isn’t really the type to talk. But having a close friend and a dongsaeng closing in on the other when he steps into what he’d expect to be an empty office, caused for a spillage of a few words…


 

They pull apart. Both set of eyes enlarged, their pupils staggering trying to figure out what to look at, but the fact that the other is so damn close in proximity is making things hard. His palms grow sweaty. He hasn’t experienced such anxiety in such a long time. Her heart is working overtime. She can hear still hear it pound...this time louder.


 

“O-Oh, hyung hey!” Mino throws up a hand in the air before it falls back down within seconds, rubbing the of his neck.

 

Hayi converts herself back into immersing herself in the artwork.

 

It was a sudden spike in young adults’ hormones that altered their sense to think properly. They don’t like each other in that way. Yet there is still an odd lingering sense of hope for something more...

 

However, nothing happened.



 

Mino shoves Oh Hyuk out of the room. A part of him was relieved to use the instance to hide his sudden embarrassment that was obviously creeping onto his now reddened face.

 

The indie singer flashes his longtime friend a smirk, one that’s playful and teasing.

“You crazy bastard!” Oh Hyuk slaps the other across the shoulder. Never in a thousand years would he have ever fathomed the idea that the rapper would try something on the petite girl.

 

Mino winces from the attack. “Y-Yooo. It ain’t like that!” He defends himself despite knowing that whatever he says wouldn’t erase the position he was in just minutes ago.

 

“Should I leave and come back? Or….”

 

“Yah! Shut up.”

 

“Lee Hayi huh? Lee freaking Hayi” For a guy who usually has limited amount to say, Oh Hyuk can’t stop rambling on about the two, “since when??”

 

“It’s not like how it looks…”

 

“So you weren’t just about to shove your tongue down ?”

 

“What the hell-- If only the public knew you like I do…” Oh Hyuk to others is a man full of mystery, of limited vocabulary in his speech. But for individuals like Mino, the singer was a blabber mouth with vulgar vocabulary like that of a drunken pirate. As they were acquainted since their high school days, Mino knew him too well.

 

Despite his image, Oh Hyuk would and could definitely TALK…

 

“So what’s going on? You two…” Oh Hyuk’s brows lifted playfully, implying what Mino would only constantly deny.

 

“Aniya! No!” He was being too defensive about the subject. However, it was the truth. They were merely drawing and for a split second had a moment.

 

A moment that was strange and odd and was not supposed to happen. And yet if time travelled back, the rapper couldn’t help but think that possibly he would have pursued things differently. He’d be more proactive, more swift. That way, his  damn friend would have no time to spoil them---
 

Wait. What is he thinking? Michyeosseo!

 

“Look! Look at you~~you’re only like this when there’s a girl you fancy!” Oh Hyuk was getting all giddy for his friend.

 

It was hard for him to think of any other person in their circle who had suffered a more difficult life in order to step foot on the successful path that Mino was currently in. WINNER is doing great, a steady climb in popularity happening each day. Mino as an individual was making his way to becoming a household name with his talent being shown on SMTM. It was about time that the guy had some fun with his life.

 

Even if it was somewhat---or rather, really surprising, the idea of his friend and Lee Hi was starting to make complete sense the more he thought of it. Similarly to him, she loved nothing more than the craft of music, of anything in the arts department. How many times did he stumble upon the girl visiting the HIGH GRND company? One too many.

 

She wasn’t that innocent, quiet little girl that everyone knew of. She was rather bold yet kind, and confident yet humble. Better yet, she was part of YG. What was more perfect than a single young female with such qualities to appear so often in front of a guy like Mino who was always so interested in mingling with those of the opposite ?

 

Mino stood there in silence. How was he to respond to the singer's claim? He didn’t know anymore. He avoided the conspicuous stare of the other in front of him. Oh Hyuk did in fact know him too well. Possibly sometimes better than himself. Yet the idea or even mere thought of being something more with Hayi felt so out of bounds, as if he shouldn’t cross it...no matter how much the notion seemed appealing.

 

“Well, good for you, nonetheless” Oh Hyuk sighs, pitying the WINNER member for being so clueless and distraught about the possible new discovery.

 

“How about we go grab those drinks that you initially wanted?” He pats the other for the second time across his shoulder, this time gently.

 

"What if we just do something here? I'll buy..." Mino’s words are soft, “I can’t just leave her here…” his thoughts are intentionally meant to be kept for himself, but are accidentally spilled aloud.

 

 

Escaping the scene of what had happened a few minutes ago is the first and also last thing he wants to do at the moment.

 

He wants to run from her, but he can’t.




 

“Hayi, annyeong!”  Oh Hyuk waves at the younger girl before plopping himself down onto the couch and flipping the television on in search of hopefully finding something entertaining. It’s not like the little act before him is lacking in the amusement department, but he figured that it would only be polite to not entirely be barging in on the two.

 

“Chicken and alcohol…” Mino awkwardly holds up the goodies in the air, much to the disinterest of the female he’s addressing the announcement to.

 

His friend bites down his lip, holding in his laughter after witnessing the utter failure.

The rapper retreats to the side of Oh Hyuk, defeated. Once again, the temptation to leave through the doors and escape comes rushing back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter