Hi, Hanbin - Notice Part 3

Hi, Lee Hayi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hanbin has never been the athletic type and he blames the Pringles his mom would keep sending for his lack of coordination to pretty much anything sports or even running in general. But for one of the first times in his life, he sprinted out of the room like a gazette who was escaping from its predator. And for some damn reason, he was a prey to Lee Hi. It was the way her eyes were locked on him that made him feel almost scared-like and the only way that he could breathe again was to probably make an exit for the door.

 

He finally stops when his body crashes at the water dispenser by the lounge area.

 

“Woah, woah young fella. No running.”

Masta Wu recites, just lifting his sunglasses a tad bit to scan the troublemaker.

 

“Mianhae hyung!” The little one barely replies in between breaths as he continues to struggle in finding some peace.

 

“Yo, you okay Hanbin? Why you so red?”

He studies the boy, almost laughing because he’s abnormally way off from any sort of shade even close to being ‘human’.

 

“A-Ah, it’s just kind of...hot.” Hanbin stutters, fanning himself gingerly.

 

It’s a stupid thing for him to say, considering they were in the midst of fall with the day being one of the most chilly yet. Masta Wu stares at the one, two, three layers of clothing on the boy before lifting a brow.

 

“I’m working in studio room C and things just seem stuffy in there,” Hanbin awkwardly laughs.

 

“You could always just take one of the shirts off…”

He advises, already reaching forward and helping to get Hanbin out of one, hopefully helping him settle back into looking less like the Teletubby Po.

 

“Must be difficult working on the album with Hyun Suk hyung watching.” Masta Wu assumed the boy was troubled by the boss, considering that in the years of staying alongside BIGBANG, it was Yang CEO’s drop ins at the studio that always were fear inducing.



 

“O-O-Ommo. Sorry!” Hayi’s eyes grew large at the sight of what seemed to be Hanbin changing.

 

His layers are thick and so it poses for trouble when delicately trying to separate or pull one apart. And so in the act, the girl just so happened to catch a glimpse of his body peeking through as his undershirt lifts up for a split second. His body is skinny, but surprisingly it’s toned. Not quite ripped to be compared to a chiseled life guard, but just tastefully the right amount to make a girl bashfully blink.

 

Hanbin knows he ain't got the best set of abs out there, especially when he’s pitted against his fellow mates such as Donghyuk. So when a whiff of air hits his bare skin and he sees Hayi latching her eyes on him once more, the boy fidgets like a walrus, taking cover behind his sunbae rapper.

 

“Hayi-ah, come here,” Masta Wu motions, “How does Hanbin look to you?”

 

“Ehh?” The two same aged friends reply cohesively, caught off guard by the question.

What exactly is the sunbae trying to get at?

 

“He doesn’t look good right?” Masta Wu continues to pester, worrying that the boy’s face is still burning red, giving Mars a run for its money.

 

“Uhmmm. He’s okay.” The girl carefully replies, figuring that it’s the safest comment to be made.

The sunbae gives no reaction at all to her answer and Hayi wonders if perhaps she said something wrong. Perhaps that’s not what Masta Wu oppa was asking.

 

“I don’t think so…” Wu worriedly says.

 

“He’s handsome,” her words spill out and it seems to resonate in her ears so eloquently and clearly.

 

There is a sense of surprise by her sudden statement. Hanbin’s face ignites to another vibrancy wherein not long after, Hayi’s face adapts the same. Masta Wu is more concerned about the two matching strawberry faced kids rather than the girl’s slip of the tongue.

 

“Waegurae? The two of you...wae? What’s going on?? Give her some water Hanbin-ah.”

 

The tiny paper cup fiddles in the boy’s quivering shy hands, it’s as if he cannot ground himself stable no matter how hard he tries.

 

“Kamsamnida,” she carefully takes hold of the offering, avoiding eye contact as if her life depended on it.

 

“You’re working in studio room C too?” Masta Wu’s voice is full of excitement. He has always adored the girl’s rich vocal colour and was always eager whenever he knew she was working on something new.

 

“Jennie Kim is in there too!” It seemed like a fact that Hanbin needed to make sure be heard, as if making it known that it wasn’t just the pair (Hayi and himself) was an important little piece of info that needed to be said.

 

“She actually left a while ago after you ran out…” Hayi softly states, just barely taking a look at him.

 

“I think I get what’s going on now~” Masta Wu chimes in, whistling a happy tune as he observes the two awkward kids beside him. He could cut the tension with a knife, the air so thick it’s hard to stand still and not cringe at the sight. And so he decides to take his leave, laughing at the childish rollercoaster of timid glances and forced smiles from his hoobaes taking place.   

 

He goes in to refill his empty cup with water before giving it away to Kim Hanbin, who he figured needed it much more than he did. “Simmer down kid, simmer down. Being all wimpy…and avoiding her...” he steps back a little bit, wags his fingers and mouths, “that’s no no.”

 

Hanbin watches his hyung fall into the distance, stunned and rendered speechless with what just happened. This is exactly why he had always preferred to stay away from the crowd instead of min

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter