When everythings wrong - Part 9

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Yunho ignored Jaejoong's question momentarily. He grabbed a towel next to the sink, drying his hands and throwing it back on the counter without looking. "I'm not talking about anything, Jaejoong." He said.

"Uh-huh, then why did you say all that?"

Yunho shrugged and leaned against the counter. "You squealed."

"OK, I squealed. But what was with the whole.. 'Maybe I kinda squealed too' thing?" Jaejoong asked. Curiosity was getting the better of him. He really shouldn't take Yunho so seriously, the guy was a weirdo.

Yunho regretted saying that. He thought maybe Jaejoong would catch on and realize what he was trying to tell him without actually having to tell him directly. "It's nothing." He mumbled, sort of disappointed. Why should he expect Jaejoong to have that kind of ability though. Why should he expect anything from him really? he barely even knew the guy.

Jaejoong didn't back down. "Yunho, I want an answer."

"I gave you an answer." Yunho retorted, starting to get a little frustrated with the subject. He was reeling in self regret now, wishing he could take back the entire conversation.

"Not a good one."

Yunho huffed. "Just stop it."

Jaejoong crossed his slender arms across his chest and stared up at Yunho. He was daring the man, eyebrows raised and ready to argue. Jaejoong was never one to let go of not understanding something. "Are you getting angry?"

"Yes." Yunho blurted.

"Good."

Yunho's eyebrows furrowed together in a combination of anger and confusion. "Where are you trying to go with this conversation?"

"I just want you to answer my question, Yunho!" Jaejoong cocked his head to the side and blinked slowly, never losing eye contact with the other man.

Yunho mirrored Jaejoong's stance and crossed his arms just the same. "Well, you're not getting one."

Jaejoong sent an icy glare directly into Yunho's eyes. Oh, you know the saying. If looks could kill... For a moment, Yunho thought his 'fiance' was going to reach out and grab his throat. Jaejoong's face was red with adorable annoyance, or was he blushing? No, it was definitely frustration. 

But Jaejoong's face relaxed and he smiled. "Fine."

"Fine?" Yunho asked, shocked by the sudden change. "Fine?"

"Fine." Jaejoong repeated. He his heals and left the kitchen. Yunho followed behind him like an obedient puppy. "You can't just say fine." He argued. "It makes me feel like you're planning something evil."

Jaejoong didn't answer. He sat down on the couch in the living room, and crossed his legs. Yunho sat down beside him. "Jaejoong?"

The smaller man looked at him. "What?" He said, the same annoyance still hinting in his voice. Yunho gulped down a lump in his throat he didn't know was there. Why was he feel so hot all of the sudden? "Are you planning something evil?" He asked, wiping his hands on his jeans. He looked up at Jaejoong and saw the pretty boy looking back at him. "What?"

Jaejoong laughed. "Do you think I'm going to kill you in your sleep or something? What kind of person do you take me for?"

Yunho's forehead crinkled. "W-what?"

"You look nervous."

"Oh." The taller man looked away. His gaze caught onto his own knees. "I guess I am nervous."

"Why?"

Yunho in a large amount of air and held it in his cheeks. He released it in a big gush, making his hair blow upwards. This was weird. This was fast and his heart was thumping faster than he remember it was supposed to. His palms were sweaty and he was feeling jittery. Yunho was getting strange urges he'd never felt before, and that was scaring the living hell out of him. "I just remembered I have something to do." He said and stood up, leaving Jaejoong on the couch wondering what was wrong with him.

"Jerk." Jaejoong commented when Yunho was out of his hearing range. 

~~~

2:27 A.M.

"Why are you up?" A groggy Yunho with messed up hair groaned from the doorway. He peered at the man stretched across the couch, a laptop laid on his tummy. "It's almost 2:30 A.M."

"Couldn't sleep." Was all the raven haired man gave as a reply. His fingers clacked against the keyboard again. His eyes were glued to the computer screen.

Yunho grunted, rubbing his eyes with his fists. "Well," He said. "Don't you have to work today?"

Jaejoong pulled his hands away from the keys and crossed them over his chest. "Why are you bothering me?" He asked, trying to hint his annoyance like before. He wasn't really in the mood to be interrupted and Yunho wasn't his idea choice for late night conversation. Jaejoong looked at the messy hair sprawled across Yunho's head and smiled a little before controlling his face again.

"I'm just," Yunho shuffled his weight in the doorway, leaning against the other side. He seemed lost for words. "Checking on you. Or something... You should go to your bed."

Jaejoong exhaled slowly and tried not to look confused. Wasn't Yunho supposed to not care about 'checking on him' and stuff like that? "I'm fine." He smiled softly and his hands returned to the keys. His focus on Yunho was lost.

The tan boy stood stupefied at the door, only staring at the beauty on the couch. Then, with a twist of his foot, he veered back to his bedroom.

Jaejoong released a relieved sigh when he had heard the door click closed. "Thank god." He muttered quietly.

~~~

"Jaejoong. Jaejoong, wake up!" Yunho shook the snoozing boys shoulder. "You have to work today." He watched in amusement at the funny faces Jaejoong made in his sleep. "Jaejoong you really need to wake up."

"Mfgnnf." Jaejoong groaned, slapping at Yunho to get away.

"Wow, even in your sleep you're mean to me." Yunho whined and backed away from Jaejoong's flailing arms and legs. The man was a mess in his sleep, complete opposite form the way he held himself together during the day.

Jaejoong replied with another groan and shielded his eyes from the light, giving up on hitting Yunho. He was still so sleepy, he couldn't care less what his responsibilities were.

Yunho sighed. "Jaejoong, c'mon. Get up already." He shook the smaller boys arm violently. "I made you coffee!"

"You made me coffee?" Jaejoong asked sleepily. He lifted his arm covering his eyes, the one Yunho was shaking, and squinted up at him. "Really?"

Yunho nodded happily. "I did, really."

"Oh.." Jaejoong yawned and stretched out his tired limbs in the little space the couch allowed him. His injured wrist pulsed as he woke it up from it's slumber. He pushed himself to sit back against the arm on the couch, rubbing his eyes with his hand. "Sleeping on a couch all night doesn't do much good for your back."

"I told you to go to your bed last night." Yunho shrugged. "It's your fault."

Jaejoong frowned at him as he remembered the conversation they'd had. After Yunho had gone back to bed, he'd spent almost an hour contemplating on why Yunho was acting so strange. He wanted to ask Yunho about it, and maybe this was his chance. "Yeah about that," Jaejoong said. "What was with that?"

Yunho looked at him, confused. "What?"

"Acting worried about me and stuff. Last night, why did you act that way?"

"Does it matter why I acted that way?" Yunho said cheekily and pushed on Jaejoong's feet so he could sit down beside him.

Jaejoong scowled, and pulled his legs closer to himself. "Yunho, just answer the question."

"You really wanna know?"

"Why would I ask if I didn't want to know?"

"I don't know, maybe you're just.."

"Yunho!"

Yunho held up his hands in surrender. "Alright alright. I'll tell you."

"OK..." Jaejoong waited.

There was brief silence as Yunho tried to think of a million different ways to stall his answer. He wasn't afraid, maybe nervous, but never afraid. Many times he had told people he liked them before. Why should this time be any different? 

Well, it was different. Jaejoong was, you know, a boy. Not the usual kind of specimen he would admit his feelings for. And Yunho was supposed to be totally not gay. That part would just have to be ignored. Which left Yunho with only his nerves, bouncing off the walls.

But, after leaving Jaejoong with his laptop, and retreating back to his room in the night, Yunho had thought of a plan of how to tell Jaejoong. It wasn't exactly an easy plan to do, but at least there would be a better, much less awkward reaction. Well, only if Jaejoong held the same feelings Yunho did. Yunho was hoping he would.

"Yunho, come on. tell me!" Jaejoong demanded, pushing on Yunho's thigh with his foot.

The taller man awakened from his thoughts and put his attention on Jaejoong. "Alright, I will." He said, and he could feel his heart thumping in his chest. He wasn't so sure if his choice of plan was the right one anymore.

"Ok, Jaejoong can you ask your question again?" Yunho asked, playing with the hem of his shirt. He gulped down all his nerves and looked up at Jaejoong, waiting for him to repeat the question.

"Umm," Jaejoong quirked an eyebrow. "Why are you acting worried about me?"

Yunho took in a large breath. He wiped his hands on his pant legs to rid of any nervous sweat. This was it. "Because..." Yunho leaned forward and cupped his hand around Jaejoong's jaw. "Because I think you're pretty." He said, his face closing in on the smaller boys. He tilted his head and got closer, their mouths only an inch apart. Jaejoong could feel Yunho's warm breath on his lips. His eyes widened, what was happening?

"Yunho, wh-" He was cut off by Yunho's lips covering his own. Instinctively his eyes fell shut, and he leaned into the kiss, melting into the warmth of Yunho's gentle lips moving softly against his own.

Yunho's other hand came up to the back of Jaejoong's neck, and Jaejoong used his good arm to pull Yunho closer by his shoulder. His casted wrist laid in his lap, carefully tucked in between them.

Jaejoong put his legs on top of Yunho's so he could get closer to him. Yunho responded by sliding an arm around the smaller boys waist and pulling him on top of his lap. They continued kissing, not breaking apart until they needed to breath again. This was actually happening. They were kissing each other, when just until a moment ago the two would have sworn they couldn't be gay.

They both in much needed oxygen, their chest heaving with the same rhythm. Not once did their gaze break from each others eyes.

"Why did you kiss me?" Jaejoong asked, after his breathing had calmed. He didn't move from Yunho's lap, but stayed planted there, like it was his rightful place.

"Why did you kiss me back?" Yunho replied. He didn't remove his hold from Jaejoong's waist, nor did his eyes move from his face.

"Yunho do you like me?"

Yunho blinked slowly, his chest heaving, but he had already caught his breath. His answer would determined what their near future was going to look like. But this aching, churning feeling in his gut, the thing most people refer to as 'butterflies', wouldn't let him say anything but the truth. "Yes Jaejoong. I really really do."