When everythings wrong - Part 13

When everythings wrong - Prologue

The fancy tires of his shiny black car crunched down the gravel road, filling Jaejoong and Yunho with confusion and scrunched expression. They both squinted their eyes to see if it was truly Mr. Jung driving when the vehicle stopped before them.

The two boys watched as the old man climbed out of his car. The man didn't seem to notice them at first, walking in their direction. But when he did look up his eyebrows raised in alert when he abruptly spotted his son and soon-to-be son-in-law next to his deceased wife's grave. "W-what.." He began to say but seemed to catch his tongue. 

Yunho's expression soured, and he glared at his father. "What are you doing here?" He asked, trying to be more angry than confused at his father's sudden appearance. 

Mr. Jung showed no reaction to Yunho's foul attitude. He took large, but slow, strides toward them, the whole while his expression trying to hide his own worried thoughts. He smiled unanticipated at his son as he reached him, the corners of his mouth wrinkling from his toothy grin. "Why, I was just taking a stroll nearby and decided to stop by." He smiled victoriously, as if he had just won a great prize.

"Then why were you driving?" Yunho countered and motioned with his eyes to his fathers automobile parked before the three of them. Mr. Jung's expression became nervous, but his smile did not falter. "I was talking a stroll in my car, Son." He said and moved his hand across his forehead. "I'm too old to walk much these days."

Yunho sighed, but his glare didn't soften. "Of course, Dad." He mumbled.

"What are you doing here?" The smiling man asked, referring the same question to Yunho. He hadn't realized through Yunho accusations that his son was going against his commands by being present at his mother's grave. Mr. Jung crossed his arms around his chest and looked at Yunho expectantly.

Yunho's glare hardened. He knew he had been caught, after many years of visiting his mother's grave in secret, never even thinking about his father's warning not to. He had never expected his father to show up to his mother's grave. Yunho hadn't a clue what sort of punishment his father had playing around in his head. But at the moment he was more concerned at why his father would even show his face in the location.

"Well, Yunho?" Mr. Jung said in a serious voice, though his facial features were still soft. It was just a cover, Jaejoong answered for himself. The old man was probably boiling inside.

Jaejoong watched his boss stare at Yunho, and though the man still looked happy he could tell he was trying really hard to keep the face going. For Jaejoong's own sake. He was aware Yunho was more than likely to get in trouble, and the reason they were even at Yunho's mothers grave was because of him. This time, at least. He wasn't about to let Yunho take the blame. "Mr. Jung?" Jaejoong asked, breaking Yunho away from his worries to look at him. Mr. Jung's eyes fixed on Jaejoong, too, and waited expectantly for him to finish now. "I asked Yunho to take me here today. I.. wanted to see her grave." He said, and wasn't shocked when Mr. Jung's eyes harden on him immediately.

Yunho looked over at Jaejoong, appalled. He opened his mouth to protest that Jaejoong's words were a lie, so the boy wouldn't somehow get into trouble on his account. But Jaejoong sent him a simple look that silenced him into agreement.

Mr. Jung stared at Jaejoong, astonished. "Why would you want to see Yunho's mothers grave?" He asked with suspicion. "You never even knew her." Mr. Jung's smile had vanished, and his tone had become hard with curiosity. His expression seemed slightly nervous, and Jaejoong couldn't help but wonder why.

"W-well," Jaejoong stuttered under the old mans stare. "Yunho talks about her sometimes, and I thought maybe this could be a way of meeting her." 

Mr. Jung sighed, though not really giving into the story. "Alright, boy."He said, looking at Yunho for a moment before positioning his stare back on the raven haired boy. "I want to talk to you in my office tomorrow though, Jaejoong. First thing in the morning." With his acknowledgement, Mr. Jung turned away from the two and padded his way back to his car. The ground squished beneath his feet, filling the silence with it's noise.

Jaejoong's eyes widened with bewilderment. Does that mean I'm in trouble? He asked himself, apprehensively. He watched Mr. Jung get into his fancy car and start up the engine, pulling away from the grave and crunching back down the gravel road. Jaejoong looked over at Yunho, hoping for some sort of comfort, and he found the boy in deep thought. "Yunho?" He asked.

Yunho blinked, bringing himself once again out of his worries. He turned and met his eyes with Jaejoong's. "I just don't understand why he came here. It doesn't make any sense. He said he hates my mother."

~///~

Jaejoong pressed his knuckles against Mr. Jung's office door. He nervously peered into the small window to see the older man writing something down on a sticky note. Jaejoong guessed Mr. Jung sensed someones eyes on him, for he looked up at the window and smiled.

Jaejoong smiled back, and tuned the door knob carefully to let himself in. "Hello, Sir." He greeted politely. Mr. Jung nodded in response.

"Sit down, Boy." The slightly balding man instructed and nodded his head toward the chair in front of his desk.

Jaejoong sat down slowly, placing his suitcase beside him. His foot unhesitatingly began to tap anxiously on the carpeted floor.

"So," Mr. Jung said, not looking up from whatever he was writing. "I need to talk to you about something very, very important." He lifted his gaze from his desk and met eyes with Jaejoong, and the raven haired boy tensed.

"Yeah?" Jaejoong urged him on.

"First I need to ask you a question." Mr. Jung's eyes seemed to grow curious all of the sudden, and Jaejoong struggled from breaking their stare. The older man kept his smile though, as he leaned forward in his chair toward him and pushed his stuff to the side of his desk. "Don't be afraid to tell me the truth." He said almost as if it were a warning.

Jaejoong nodded and goosebumps rose on his arms.

"Okay, Jaejoong." The old man said and looked away from the boy, redirecting his eyes toward an empty space on the wall. His fingers interlocked and his face held no smile anymore. "Jaejoong, do you know what happened to Yunho's mother?"

Jaejoong's eyes widened, caught off guard by the unexpected question. Talking about the deceased had always made him feel weird. And he hadn't even known Yunho's mother, Mr. Jung's wife. Yunho had never told him how she had died. "I-I don't know anything, Sir!" He struggled to say through his astonishment. All he had ever heard about Yunho's mother was how much he cared for the women, and that his father hated her for some purpose or another. "Sh-should I know?"

Mr. Jung laughed, confusing Jaejoong. "It was only a question, Boy." He acknowledged and Jaejoong knew the man was attempting to calm him, the intention was evident. And as much as Jaejoong could see that, he could hear the relief in the mans voice. Jaejoong wondered briefly why Mr. Jung would be relieved.

Mr. Jung waved his hand in the air, as if he were dismissing the subject. "Anyways," He said, sliding his things back in front of him. He opened a folder and flipped through a few pages, pulling out one paper and setting it in front of him on top of all his folders. Jaejoong looked at it with minor curiosity and found the paper blank. "The real reason I called you in here today, Jaejoong, is to talk to you about the wedding." He smiled and picked out a pen from a small can stuffed full of them on his desk.

Jaejoong smiled, too, excitement suddenly filling his stomach. Just a couple weeks ago he probably would have puked talking about the wedding for him and Yunho. But now it seemed nice. Wonderful. Their relationship was still in it's beginning stages, but he really liked Yunho. that felt a lot better than despising him. They had to get married either way.

"Any ideas of who to invite?" The older man asked, poising his pen expertly over the piece of paper. "Even though the marriage is set up by me and your mother I still want it to feel nice for you, too. With people you would want to be there." Mr. Jung's words were kind and caring.

"Oh," Jaejoong stalled, his brain rummaging for someone he knew he would want to be there. He had never really had anyone close to him other than his mother. There had been no time for a close relationship with him always looking for a job. "Um.. Maybe Yunho would like to invite his friends." He said finally.

Mr. Jung frowned. "You mean those boys he always runs around with. Oh, I don't remember their names. Junsu and the rest?"

Jaejoong nodded. "Yes, that's them." Flashbacks from his first encounter with Junsu came to him when he heard the mans name. He remembered how angry Junsu looked to see him. How the man had glared at him. "They would probably like to go."

Mr. Jung sighed. "Okay." He mumbled and scribbled down Junsu on the paper. "What are the other boys' names?"

"Yoochun and Changmin." Jaejoong answered, and smiled this time as he thought of them. Changmin, the cute boy who was first to say hello to him. And Yoochun, the nice boy he had conversed with while Yunho and Junsu were on the porch and Changmin was raiding the refrigerator. He watched Mr. Jung list both their names under Junsu's.

"Anyone else?" Mr. Jung asked, looking up.

Jaejoong bit his lip as he thought. "Nope." He said. "No one else."

The elder nodded. "Alright then. Now lets talk about what you will wear." He smiled again and reopened his folder to pull out another piece of paper. "This is what I had in mind." Mr. Jung pushed a printed out colored picture in front of Jaejoong. "Well, something similar to that at least."

Jaejoong picked up the paper and began to inspect it. It was a suit Mr. Jung was planning on him wearing. A white suit, traditionally fashioned. "It doesn't have ruffles or anything?" He asked, not taking his eyes away from the picture. His nose twitched in disgust at the thought though.

The older man laughed. "No, it has no ruffles. But we can add them if-"

"No, no." Jaejoong interrupted. "No ruffles is just fine."

"Good." Mr. Jung said and pulled out yet another paper. "This is what I planned on Yunho wearing." He handed it to Jaejoong and watched as the boy smiled.

"Black." Jaejoong commented. "I like that. Black and white." He realized he was being put in the normal brides position, wearing white to the wedding. But it didn't bother him, actually. And it wasn't because he didn't care for the wedding. It was because he felt that it was more suitable. Jaejoong could admit now that his feelings had suddenly become focused on Yunho that he was the smaller man of the two of them. He was most feminine and Yunho was tough. It was fitting this way.

Mr. Jung nodded. "So, I think we're done for today." He said and collected the pictures from Jaejoong and tucked them away. "We will talk about this more later?"

Jaejoong smiled. "Yeah." He muttered and stood from his chair, grabbing his brief case and heading for the door.

"See you at lunch." Mr. Jung called, and Jaejoong waved his hand to show that he had heard him. "Bye."

~///~

"How was work today?" Yunho asked and pushed another forkful of green beans into his mouth.

Jaejoong shrugged and smiled with his head down and hidden from Yunho's view. He couldn't help thinking about how nice Yunho would look in the fancy black suit he would wear to their wedding. "It was the same as always."

"Mmm," Yunho hummed as he chewed his food slowly. He swallowed loudly and looked at Jaejoong. "What did my dad want?"

Jaejoong's eyes flickered up to Yunho's face. "Oh, nothing really." He said and shoveled food into his mouth to stall his answer. By the time he swallowed he had thought of something that sounded good enough. "He just wanted to talk about wedding stuff. I don't know, he didn't tell me a lot about it."

"Oh," Yunho mumbled. He waited for Jaejoong to look up and meet his eyes. "Do you know what we're wearing."

Jaejoong nodded. "Yes, but I'm not going to tell you what it is." He smiled teasingly.

Yunho's lip jutted out, almost as if on reflex. "Awww, why?"

"Because it's a surprise."

"A surprise you can't tell me about?"

Jaejoong rolled his eyes. "Yunho, the point of a surprise is to not tell."

"So." Yunho remarked, childishly. "I wanna know."

"Well I'm not going to tell you."

The fight went on for a few minutes. Jaejoong didn't tell Yunho, but Yunho wasn't going to give up. It ended with a kiss between the two, and then Jaejoong collected their plates.

"I'll help you wash them." Yunho said and followed Jaejoong to the kitchen. He was looking for some time with Jaejoong, though they did spend a lot of time together already. He liked being with the man for some reason or another. And Yunho knew it wasn't just because of how pretty Jaejoong was.

The raven haired boy smiled at the offer and dropped the two plates in the sink. He grabbed the Dish soap and covered the top plate with a couple dots of green. "Do you want to wash or dry?" Jaejoong asked and the water faucet, waiting with his hand underneath the running water for it to turn warm.

"Wash." Yunho said defiantly, feeling courageous. "You can dry."

Jaejoong smiled, and moved the water faucet to run over the dishes. "Alright." He said cheerily and moved over to the other side of the sink. He wrapped his hand around the the towel above the sink, pulled it off and threw it over his shoulder.

Yunho stuck his hands in the lukewarm water and smiled in content. "This is nice." He mumbled, and laughed at himself when he realized how stupid he had sounded.

Jaejoong giggled, too, but agreed. "Yeah, it's nice." He waited patently for Yunho to wash the two plates, knowing from one past experience that Yunho was very slow. But he didn't mind as they chatted casually about nothing in particular.

"And here is the second plate." Yunho said triumphantly after a few minutes. He was obviously proud of himself as he watched Jaejoong rinse it and dry it carefully before placing the plate, too, in the cabinet. "Anything else we must do?" Yunho asked.

Jaejoong shook his head. "Nope. Nothing at all." He slowly interlaced his fingers with Yunho's. "Let's just watch T.V. or something.

Yunho smiled. "Okay." He let Jaejoong lead him to the couch.

They sat down together. And though they had done the same thing many times before it seemed better today, and neither man could understand why. Yunho placed his hand under Jaejoong's chin and directed the boys lips to his own for a kiss. A longer kiss then they normally shared. He could feel the words on his tongue as his lips pulled back, wanting more. Yunho could feel the words, but something was holding him back from saying them.

I love you, Jaejoong. He thought to the raven haired boy. And for a short moment he thought Jaejoong had heard it, or maybe, in his own mind he hoped that Jaejoong was only thinking the same thing as he was.