When everythings wrong - Part 14

When everythings wrong - Prologue

The next two weeks seemed to drag on slowly. Jaejoong didn't know why, but he guessed it was because of his anticipation for his and Yunho's wedding. He smiled for the umpteenth time only thinking about it. It had becoming an excited event for him now, something he was just looking forward to. Yunho was much closer to his heart now than he ever thought the other man could be.

Mr. Jung had finally decided on a date for them to get married. Jaejoong had been the first one to know, only because he had asked Mr. Jung nearly everyday when he came in for work for an answer. The old man had asked him in return plenty of times why he was so curious about it, and being afraid of Mr. Jung reaction if he told the man that him and Yunho were already together, Jaejoong told him he just wanted to write it down on his calender. And as expected, Mr. Jung looked at him confused, but let it pass without any further questions.

Jaejoong sighed happily and sat down across from Yunho in a booth. He had finally convinced Yunho to go somewhere with him, even though he could only get Yunho to go out to eat.

A waiter came to their table in moments and asked them what they wanted to drink. They both ordered their sodas and opened their menus to decide on food.

Jaejoong smiled up at Yunho, who smiled back at him. "Jaejoongie, have you decided what you want?" Yunho asked. He flipped a the page of his menu, his eyes scanning over it quickly. Nothing looked good to him.

"Yeah," Jaejoong answered. He had been to the restaurant before once, and their barbecued beef stew was really delicious. "I'm getting this." He said pointing to the place his choice was on Yunho's menu.

Yunho smiled at it. "Is is good?" He asked.

Jaejoong nodded.

"Then I will get it, too."

They both closed their menus and chatted momentarily before their waiter came back and asked if they were ready.

"Both of you want barbecued beef stew?" The waiter asked politely after they had told him. Jaejoong smiled and answered him yes. The kind waiter collected their menus and bowed before leaving to give the chef their orders.

"So, Jaejoong," Yunho began. He smiled again and gazed around the small restaurant. "Have you been here before?"

Jaejoong chuckled at Yunho's attempt to start up a conversation. "Yes, once." He said and watched Yunho continue to look around. Jaejoong's eyes couldn't help but leap across Yunho's face, settling comfortably on Yunho's jaw line, mesmerized by the sharpness of it. He smiled, too, and leaned over the table to kiss the man on the cheek.

Surprised, Yunho turned swiftly to Jaejoong, barely missing a collision of heads. He laughed after a short moment when he realized what had happened. "You missed my lips." Yunho teased.

Jaejoong laughed again. "I didn't miss." He argued and leaned over the table a second time to claim Yunho's lips in kiss. He pulled away after only a moment and smiled big, showing all his teeth. "See, I kissed your lips."

Yunho chuckled. "Cheater." He accused. They both laughed hard, attracting attention from a few people around the restaurant.

When Jaejoong calmed down a little, and Yunho was busy silently chocking on his soda from his laughter, the eyes of the other costumers left them. The smaller man sighed in relief, all the sudden attention was making him a bit nervous. 

"Yunho, don't die, okay?"

Yunho half smiled and wiped a napkin across his lips. "I'll try not to," He replied jokingly. "But I can't make it a promise." He made a little show of throwing his balled up, soda covered napkin into the space between two menu cards that sat on the table.

Jaejoong giggled again. "Yunho, you're such a nerd."

The taller man just smiled, knowingly.

They sat in silence for a few moments, before Jaejoong attempted to start up a new conversation. "Yunho, you're dad said the wedding invitations will be ready by tomorrow."

Yunho bit his lip, and sat up straight in his chair. "Oh yeah? That's... nice."

"Yes, yes it is." Jaejoong smiled brightly. "I can't wait to give one to my mom. I'll smile so she knows I'm happy about it. I think she'll be surprised. Or maybe she already knows I don't hate you anymore." He rambled.

Yunho sighed. "Yeah. It'll be great." He was happy, he was. Getting married to Jaejoong was wonderful. He had never loved anyone before, or thought of caring for someone the way he did Jaejoong. His feelings for the man were good ones, beautiful feelings. He did want to get married, but a part of him was scared to. Not because of commitment, but because of Junsu. Yunho was worried about his feelings toward Jaejoong. Junsu was his best friend, he hated the conflict between them.

But Yunho pushed his thoughts about Junsu to the side. He would deal with him later, when he actually had to present the wedding invitation to him. Yunho focused his attention back on Jaejoong, who was still rambling on.

"So I think she'll be happy. She'll be thrilled to be able to go to a wedding also. I don't think she's been to one since I was born. I've never been to one. Do you think your dad will be happy?"

Yunho smiled. "He will be happy. He loves you, Jaejoong."

Jaejoong gleamed. "That's good."

The importance and rambling of the conversations slowly faded, and soon their orders came and were presented neatly in front of them. Yunho's eyes sparkled with hunger when he saw it before him and his stomach rumbled impatiently.

Jaejoong laughed. "You didn't tell me you were starving, Yunho." He joked.

Yunho shook his head and chuckled. "I didn't know myself until I saw how delicious the food looked here."

The waiter smiled with thanks and tucked his tray under his arm. "Tell me if you need anything." He informed before giving another smile and leaving their table to take somebody else's order.

Yunho quickly took hold of his chopsticks and dove into his food. He sounded a delighted 'mmm' when the taste swirled around in his mouth. Jaejoong only watched him, amused.

The raven haired man shook his head, still smiling, and began to eat as well. It was nice, eating with Yunho at the small, but still fancy restaurant. His cheeks brightened to a soft pink and a sudden thought crossed his mind. Are me and Yunho on a date?

Though it was embarrassing, telling the truth would be to say this was Jaejoong's first date. Telling such a thing to Yunho would be like stabbing himself in the foot. Foolish. He would probably be teased by the man for the rest of his life. So Jaejoong kept his mouth shut and angled his head further downward toward his food.

Yunho was like a physic. Jaejoong was sure he couldn't see his face, but he heard the man laugh and ask ; "Jaejoong, why are you blushing?" Oh crap! The smaller man thought. He caught me! How did he see me blushing?

Jaejoong watched Yunho's fingers cup under his chin and he used all the strength in his neck to keep his head angled downward. "I'm not blushing." He lied.

"Yes you are." Yunho argued. "I can see your cheeks. They're all pink!"

Jaejoong sighed and pushed Yunho hand away playfully. "Stop it," He whined. "I'm not blushing."

Yunho laughed. "Whatever you say, Jaejoong."

~♥~

"You're really going to get married to him?" Junsu asked in disbelief. He looked over at Jaejoong sitting on the couch beside Yoochun. He was smiling and moving his hands enthusiastically while he spoke. Junsu scoffed.

Yunho nodded. "Yeah. I am really going to marry Jaejoong."

"Why?"

"Because, I think my father was right. I should settle down with someone and it's not like I have a choice if I want to marry Jaejoong or not anyway, so why not just go through with it having a positive attitude?"

"You could run away to America." Junsu suggested, completely serious. "I could go with you if you want me to." He smiled.

Yunho rolled his eyes. "Su, c'mon. I mean, I'm not very fond of my dad, but I'm not going to leave him. I love him... I guess."

Junsu let out a long sigh. "Fine. But I can't believe you're marrying Jaejoong. He's not even your type. And he's all... cold."

"Really?" Yunho asked and pointed to his fiance laughing across the room. "He doesn't look very cold."

"Well he only acts that way toward me. He has never smiled at me once."

"Maybe that's because you have never made an attempt to talk to him."

"Well neither has he!"

"Jaejoong's shy."

"So am I!" Junsu argued.

"You are not."

"I am!"

"No, you are not!"

Junsu crossed his arms childishly and stood up. "Fine! I don't even care!" The shorter man threw down his wedding invitation on his chair and walked away from it, stomping his way outside.

Yunho didn't follow him, knowing the fight was only minor and Junsu would get over it after he cooled down a little. He rolled his eyes and went to sit beside Jaejoong on the other side of the couch.

The raven haired man turned to him and smiled. "Hey, why aren't you following him."

"I was going to, but I think I have more pride than that. He'd the one that walked away."

Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. "Why was he so mad? Didn't he know we had to get married. Hadn't he known for a while?"

Yunho just shook his head to empty the thoughts in his head. "He's just overwhelmed by the idea and by the change of things. It isn't important, Jaejoong. Everything's fine."

"Well alright." Jaejoong nodded and patted his leg. He turned back to Yoochun, continuing to explain something to him about a dish we was attempting to make.

"Speaking of food," Yunho mumbled and rose from his seat to go find Changmin.

~♥~

"Omma!" Jaejoong called out into his mothers small apartment. He guessed she was sleeping and found his assumption to be correct when he found her snoring softly in her bed. "Omma," He called again, more quiet, and shook her shoulder a little. It took her a while to stir but soon she woke up.

"Jaejoong?" The woman asked, rubbing her eyes tiredly. "What's wrong, honey?"

Jaejoong laughed. "Nothings wrong, mom. I just have something to give to you." He smiled placed the wedding invitation in his mothers hands.

The older woman squinted at it, her vision still blurry from sleep. "What is this?" She asked.

"It's the wedding invitation to mine and Yunho's wedding." Jaejoong told her and smiled as bright as he could. "Mr. Jung made them, aren't they pretty?"

She studied the card for a few moments and then looked up at Jaejoong. "You're smiling so big. You must be really happy about this wedding. Has that boy decided to be nice to you?"

Jaejoong laughed again. "Yes, Omma. He's very nice. I... I've start to like him. A lot."

"Oh really?" His mother questioned, surprised. "He's nice enough to marry, eh?"

Jaejoong nodded. "Definitely."

~♥~

"How did things go with your mom?" Yunho asked as Jaejoong walked into the living room. "Was she happy?"

Jaejoong smiled and flopped on the couch next to Yunho. "I think she was. She was smiling."

"That's good." Yunho relaxed against the back of the couch and lazily extended his arm around Jaejoong's shoulders. "Now I have a better question. Are you happy?"

Jaejoong's eyebrows furrowed together. "What do you mean?"

"I mean," Yunho said and looked Jaejoong in the eyes. "Are you happy that you're marrying me?"

Jaejoong's lips curled up into a smile. "I'm very happy I'm marrying you." He said and leaned over to kiss Yunho on the cheek for the second time in one day.

"And why is that?" The taller man asked, being ornery now.

"Because," Jaejoong said. He peered up shyly at Yunho, whose head was a few inches higher than his, and blushed. He had already known where the small conversation was headed when Yunho brought up his feeling about them getting married. Jaejoong wasn't sure what his answer could bring, Yunho could react in a good way, maybe he would be mad. Either way, Jaejoong was positive they were getting married. Mr. Jung was making them, even though at the moment they were both already willing to anyway.
 
"I love you." Jaejoong said in a small voice.

Yunho's eyes widened dramatically and he stared down at Jaejoong. His mouth fell open, but no words seemed to come out. It took all his power to stutter the two simple words, "Y-you do?"

Jaejoong nodded with his head down, scared of what Yunho was going to say next. He didn't regret telling Yunho why he was happy they were getting married, he felt it was the right thing to do. But would Yunho be... weirded out now?

Yunho smiled softly and took Jaejoong's hand. "I love you, too Jaejoong."