When everythings wrong - Part 11

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Yunho's eyes blinked open, adjusting to the light pouring into the room from the window. He looked down at the smaller male hugged to his chest and a smile spread on his lips He wondered briefly how Jaejoong had ended up using him as a cushion during the night, but he also didn't really care. It was just too cute.

The taller of the two rubbed his cheek softly against the slumbering boys hair. Yunho realized that his shoulder was also being used by the sleeping man as a pillow, so the smaller boys face was tucked into the nape of his neck. He wondered how comfortable that could possibly be, but the consistent, steady breathing tickling his collar bone put his worries to the back of his mind. Jaejoong seemed to be sleeping just fine.
 
Yunho sighed happily and inched himself closer to Jaejoong. Jaejoong's breath stopped for a tiny moment and Yunho halted in fear of waking the beauty. Soon his breaths puffed out evenly again, and Yunho continued to move his arm around the boys thin waist, holding him close. He peered down at the other man and smiled softly.

He snuggled against Jaejoong's body, feeling the warmth shared between then. It felt amazing to be so close and to feel so happy and at peace over it. Yunho pulled the blanket that had slipped off the couch in the night and wrapped it around the both of them, replacing his arm again around the blonde boys waist. He buried his face in Jaejoong's soft, pretty smelling hair, breathing in the aroma radiating off of it.

Jaejoong shifted slightly in his arms, finding comfort in the new position while he slept. Yunho smiled at Jaejoong's bottom lip protruding out further than the top to form a pout as he cuddled closer to Yunho's chest. "What are you dreaming of?" Yunho whispered into the others hair and he couldn't keep the smile from his face.

Their bodies seemed to fit together like puzzle pieces, meant to be connected.

After some time of just cuddling with Jaejoong's sleeping form, a thought occurred to Yunho. What day is it? He asked himself. It's Saturday.. Or is it Sunday?.. No it's.. Wednesday? Yunho had never kept up with the days of the week since he'd graduated from high school. It didn't matter to him, he had no job. All he had cared about was going out to clubs and looking for girls. But now it was different. He had a person he cared for. A person who had a job, and needed to get to work.

The thought sunk in slowly, and then he remembered he had to wake Jaejoong up. He looked around the room to find a clock so he could see how much time he had left. Do we keep a clock in the living room?

Yunho caught sight of the T.V. and found the time displayed on the box underneath it. "," He groaned and turned his head to Jaejoong again. He shook the boy softly, hoping for him to wake with ease, but Jaejoong wasn't a very light sleeper. He shook the boy again, a little harder this time and Yunho called out to him, "Jaejoong, wake up. You only have about twenty minutes to get ready for work."

Jaejoong made a soft grunting noise, hardly heard by the taller man. His eyes were still closed, but Yunho wondered if he had actually woken up. He shook the man a third time and sighed. "Jaejoong, come on."

A worrisome moment later, the smaller males eyes fluttered open. He took in a great breath and squinted at his surroundings, his arms coming up above his head to stretch the grogginess away. Jaejoong felt still and the images of the night before were coming back to him now, making him realize where he was. "Yunho what time is it?" Jaejoong's words were so soft and clouded over with exhaustion, Yunho could hardly understand him.

"It's 7:38." Yunho answered, and swept away a few strands of hair from Jaejoong's forehead. He kissed him there tenderly, smiling when he heard the smaller boy laugh tiredly. He felt bad for Jaejoong having to get up and go to work while he lazied around at home waiting for him. "But I could call my father and tell him you're sick or something." Yunho offered.

Jaejoong looked up at him, his big doe eyes staring into Yunho's. It took him a moment to shake of his tiredness and allow Yunho's words to sink in. "I would like to Yunho, but I don't think Mr. Jung would much appreciate me missing work again." Jaejoong told him in a regretful tone of voice, referring to when he clumsily broke his arm and Mr. Jung kindly let him take the next day off. He yawned, stretching his legs this time and pointing his toes.

The long legged man with a messy case of bed head sighed sadly and pouted his lips. "But I want you to stay here. It's lonely when you're gone." He touched his fingers to Jaejoong's chin, holding it between his thumb and his pointer finger. "And we hardly spend any time together."

Jaejoong laughed at Yunho's pout, bringing his arms back down and tucking them into the small space Yunho left between them. "Yunho, we've only just started wanting to spend time with each other." He wondered if that might of sounded cold.

"That doesn't make me want to spend time with you any less."

Jaejoong smiled softly. "Yunho, I want to spend time with you, too. I would love to stay here and spend all day with you, but I made a deal with your dad. I can't just not work." He grimaced at his own harsh words and hoped internally that Yunho understood and wouldn't get the wrong impression. He really did want to spend time getting to know Yunho, but for the moment work was a major priority in his life.

Yunho didn't feel like letting it go, he wanted to change the situation. So as things always came to work out in his favor, he put extra emphasis on his pout, committed to the idea that Jaejoong was bound to give in. Pouting as childishly as he could manage, Yunho whispered, "Please Joongie? For me?"

Jaejoong's eyes widened for a moment. He had never heard Yunho use any nickname for him before, and until this moment never even imagined he would. "Joongie?" The name trickled from his own mouth in a question before he could stop it.

Yunho stared at Jaejoong, pulling his pouting lip back and frowning. He hadn't meant to call Jaejoong that. It just slipped out. After a few moments of awkward silence he apologized "I-I'm sorry, Jaejoong." Yunho stuttered. He took his fingers from Jaejoong's chin and held them to his own stomach.

Jaejoong smiled, trying to ignore the strange feeling in his gut. "It's okay, Yunho." He told the taller man, though he wasn't sure that it was. He wanted to say something else, but he didn't know what. After moments of silence droned on and on, Jaejoong peeked over Yunho's shoulder and looked for the time on the display box. He smiled softly seeing that he only had a little over fifteen minutes to get ready for work. There was not a chance he would make it on time.

"Yunho, I think I'll take your offer." Jaejoong said, pulling back to look at him. He waited for his statement to take effect on Yunho's expression, smiling when it finally did. Yunho's face lit up, his eyes sparkling with excitement. Just seeing Yunho so happy was enough of a reason for Jaejoong to suffer through a day of regret. He was never one to miss a day of work, especially when he depended so heavily on the income it provided. Jaejoong knew he would feel the pain of it later, but right now Yunho's smile was overwhelmingly heartwarming.

"Jae, thank you!" Yunho pronounced, taking Jaejoong in his arms again to squeeze him to his chest. He held him tightly in his arms and continued to ramble on about how grateful he felt to spend the whole day with Jaejoong. Jaejoong couldn't help but smile with him.

"Yunho," The elder mumbled against the tanner boys shoulder. "Can't breath." His voice was overly exaggerated, humor held within it. He flailed his arms a bit to make the story believable. He wasn't really being suffocated, but the proximity between them was making him a little uncomfortable. It was going to take a while for him to get used to being so close with Yunho. It wasn't that he didn't like it, but Yunho was so warm and inviting. Jaejoong didn't really know how to act in a relationship yet, it was all such a new thing to him.

Yunho laughed, letting go of Jaejoong. He pulled a couple inches back from him so he could look into his eyes and give the boy some space. He knew honestly that Jaejoong was unable to breath, but his innocence was attractive to Yunho. He leaned down anyway to claim his lips in a sweet good morning kiss he had somehow forgotten when the smaller boy woke up. "Better?" He asked when he left Jaejoong's mouth.

"Better." Jaejoong agreed, releasing a quiet relieved breath.
 
They laid in a comfortable silence for a few moments, only meeting each others eyes a few times. Yunho, tired and still stiff from lazying on the sofa, stood from the couch, pulling Jaejoong up by his hand to stand in front of him. "What do you want to do today?" He asked cheerfully.

Jaejoong found his balance quickly and then laughed at Yunho's silly antics. He replied to the question with a simple smile and a shrug, squeezing past the taller boy and heading to the kitchen. "Did you have anything in mind?" He asked over his shoulder.

Yunho turned to follow after, smiling brightly when he was asked of his plans. "Actually," He began. His long legs easily caught up with the smaller boy, so he walked close behind him. He twiddled with his fingers, nervous of Jaejoong's reaction to his idea. "I wanted you to meet somebody.." He paused. "Er... Some people."

Jaejoong's footsteps ceased to continue when he reached the kitchen entrance. He flicked the light switch, waiting a second for the light bulb to react and blink to life, embracing the tiled room in a bright glow. "Some people? What kind of people?" He asked. To Yunho's relief, Jaejoong's voice only contained curiosity, not an ounce of anger tainted it.

He walked after Jaejoong to the refrigerator, standing close behind him as the other rummaged through the large, cold rectangle for breakfast ingredients. "My... My friends." He stuttered.

The soft sound of jars clanking together filled the kitchen air. A tight knot made it's way to Jaejoong's stomach in a hurry, making itself comfortable in the center of his gut. His nerves nearly went on a rampage. Meeting new people? Ah, how could he be expected to meet new people so suddenly? He was just getting used to Yunho and now he was supposed to meet new people? "Oh." Was all he could muster up to say.

"You don't have to." Yunho said after seeing Jaejoong's nervous reaction. "It was only an idea." He tried to keep the disappointment out of his voice, but he was sure it was pretty evident. "Really, it doesn't matter when you meet them. I just know they would love you."

Jaejoong felt guilty. He knew Yunho's intentions weren't bad. He could see the other man trying really hard, and the progress he had made in the very short time since they'd began living together was astounding. If anything, Yunho deserved to introduce him to a couple of friends. "Yunho," Jaejoong stood up straight, turning to him with a nervous smile. "I would... love to meet your friends." He walked to the stove and emptied his arms on the counter beside it.

Yunho walked beside him, his face showing that he didn't believe Jaejoong one bit. How could he so quickly become totally fine with it after being so nervous before?"It's okay if you don't want to, Jaejoong. I won't be angry."

Jaejoong turned to face him and he had determination in his eyes. Honesty had brought them a far way already, so he took in a steady breath and told you the truth. "I'm just nervous is all." He said and took in another small breath to calm his bouncing nerves. "I'm not good with meeting people."

Yunho's face softened. "It will be okay. They won't eat you. I won't let them."

"It's not that, I-"

"I know, I was only trying to make you smile."

Jaejoong's lips twitched up halfheartedly. "Well thanks for the effort."

Yunho laughed and put his hand on the shorter boys shoulder reassuringly. "Don't worry about meeting my friends if you really feel nervous about it. I was only suggesting because you haven't brought anybody around since we moved in together. I thought maybe we could both use a little socializing."

"Yunho." Jaejoong smiled. "That doesn't sound too bad, really. If you want me to I will meet them."

"You don't-"

Jaejoong sighed. "I know I don't have to. But if you want me to, then I want me to, too."

Yunho looked up to finally meet Jaejoong's eyes in a stare. He could still see the fear living in the mans gaze, but he could also feel the reassurance as Jaejoong touched his arm gently. Yunho creased his brows together. "You sure?"

Jaejoong's eyes widen acutely. He couldn't lie with Yunho's eyes boring into his own, so he mounted up all his courage and answered truthfully. "I'm sure."

~~~

Jaejoong's P.O.V.

I watched silently from the couch as all of his friends piled into the room and took their seats on the furniture. I caught Yunho smiling in my direction and my lips formed a smile of their own. My nerves were about to explode, but I tried to remain calm and look like nothing was bothering me at. A task much harder to preform than it sounds like it would.

I weaved my fingers together and turned to the three boys looking my way. All of their faces held curiosity, and I found it rude to stare blankly into their eyes without introducing myself. 

"I'm Jaejoong." I said in a voice smaller then I intended. One boy, looking cuter and younger than the others, smiled. He looked nice from his appearance, and the smile he wore on his face showed me that he had to, in some way, be kind. 

The cute boy stood from the place across the room where had sat and came to me. He was taller up close than I imagined he could be, and I found myself staring up at him in astonishment. But I shook it off and took the hand he held out for me to shake, nearly missing his quiet introduction. Shim Changmin. A nice, fitting name.

"It's nice to meet you." I said when he took his seat back across the room from me. He nodded in agreement. 

I looked at the other two boys who held their eyes still trained on me. They looked away when they realized I knew they were staring. I smiled for a second in amusement and looked at Yunho, sitting on the arm of a chair about five feet from where I sat. His face held a nervous expression, and I could understand why. We were keeping a secret that if found out by the three boys I was meeting could possibly ruin the friendship Yunho held with them. He was kind of risking a lot bringing them to meet me.

Yunho was afraid of what his friends would say if they found out we were together. He hadn't told them of our newly found relationship, and he was scared that if they knew he was now gay they would disown him as their friend. It was probably a really scary thing to go through and I was feeling guilty again.

So there I sat in our living room. I'd never once in my life seen his friends before and from meeting them for the first time I felt like it was less acceptable keeping our relationship a secret. They seemed nice, friendly, but outward appearances had deceived me before and I had no clue what their personalities were like.

My good assumptions came crashing down on me when the smallest one spoke, his high pitched voice echoing off the walls. "Why did you call us here to meet this pretty boy?" He said to Yunho. Then, in only his one sentence, I felt my blood boil and my teeth clench. I knew I was feminine, and people had called me pretty before. But it had never irritated me so much in my life as much as it did right then. Maybe it was the tone he said it in, like he already held so much hate for me he couldn't stand but talk like I was the worst being on earth. Maybe it was the question that made me so mad. I had no idea. 

I tried my very best to calm myself down. I hoped to god I didn't look as angry as I felt. Nobody seemed to care anyway. 

I looked at Yunho, who had not yet answered the impolite boys question. His smile seemed forced now, and it made me a bit happy to know that the question had irritated him on some level, too.

"Jaejoong is my friend." Yunho said after a moment. "I want you to meet him." 

I felt pleased from Yunho's answer. It wasn't like he could come out and say the truth right now. Especially not when one of his friends had a less than chipper attitude about the thought of my mere presence. I turned to the boy who had asked the question. His eyebrow was raised and I saw him take a quick glance at me. 

"Jaejoong," Yunho's voice called to me. I looked at him and met his eyes with my own. "That's Junsu." He said, pointing to the boy who had asked the question. 

I looked at Junsu again, though I had no clue why. I had no desire to see the sour expression on his face one more time. He was looking at me through glaring eyes, so I glared right back at him. 

"And that's Yoochun." I heard Yunho say and I followed his finger with my eyes to a boy sitting in a chair beside Changmin. I smiled at him, and he smiled back. I was shocked when I saw him wink at me, his friendly smile changing to greasy. I probably showed the shock I felt on my face, judging by his following look of satisfaction. His hand came up from his side and he waved at me, his fingers wiggling. 

So I wouldn't look impolite I waved back at him, smiling kindly. I hoped he hadn't gotten the wrong impression, thinking that I was 'Flirting' back at him. Why was this man flirting with me anyway? I was only trying to keep with the plan I had made for myself. To befriend the three boys. The plan seemed to be working, all the boys seemed to like me well enough. All except for Junsu, he was a casualty I found myself not really caring for. 

I peeked out of the corner of my eye to look at him again, and I saw him still glaring. Though he wasn't glaring in my direction anymore, he was looking down, glaring at the carpet as if it had done something horrible to him. And for only a second I thought I saw tears in his eyes, and the whites of them turning red. But then he closed them and I looked away.