When everythings wrong - Part 25

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Jaejoong felt like a ticking bomb, ready to explode at any moment. His insides churned, twisted at the thought of seeing Mr. Jung, but he knew he couldn't ignore the man forever.

He watched the door ceaselessly, waiting for it to open, for Mr. Jung to come in and tell him the things he had told Yunho the night before. To look at him knowingly, to see through his mask of denial. Mr. Jung knew Jaejoong was aware of the things that had happened long before the raven haired beauty was ever brought into their family, and Jaejoong was sure of that.

His mother had told him his entire life that it was better to face your problems head on, to be in control rather than let things get out of hand. So finally, after hiding out in his office all morning like a coward, Jaejoong stood from his chair with a confident amount of determination and began his way to Mr. Jung's office. He needed to have a talk with the man, to get things straightened out, even though he knew that things could never really be fixed. He didn't even know why he felt so confident. He didn't even know why he'd decided to come to work through all of Yunho's pleas for him to just stay home like a reasonable human being.

But Mr. Jung had killed his wife, Yunho's mother. That wasn't something that could just be ignored.

Sighing lowly, his heart racing as he reached Mr. Jung's office, Jaejoong knocked twice on the large wooden door. A muffled reply told him to come in.

The room hadn't changed since he'd last been in it, the furniture was the same, arranged just how it had been before, but the mood was different. He felt a chill run through his body and he shivered.

"Jaejoong," Mr. Jung muttered, almost sighing his name like he didn't want him to be there. Probably doesn't. Jaejoong thought, bitterly. 

"Sit down." The old man finished.

Obeying, Jaejoong chose a seat across from Mr. Jung's desk. He crossed his right leg over his left and folded his hands on his knee. "Good Afternoon, Mr. Jung." Sounding as lighthearted as he could muster, Jaejoong greeted the older man.

Mr. Jung cleared his throat and then grunted his response, hardly sparing Jaejoong a glance. He was hunched over a tiny stack of papers, reading glasses balanced on the tip of his nose as he stared down at them. "What is it you need, Jaejoong?"

Jaejoong didn't really know how to begin. What in the world was he going to say? What could he say? You figured it out, huh? That I know you killed your wife. You want me and Yunho to divorce? Is that because I'm a threat to you now? How cowardly, Mr. Jung.

But Jaejoong couldn't call him out like that. Mr. Jung had never been anything but nice to him and even in their situation he didn't have the heart to do it. It would just make things more difficult anyway.

Swallowing the lump that had begun to form in his throat, Jaejoong looked up at Mr. Jung and sighed. "Yunho told me you want us to divorce."

The words obviously came as a shock to the older man; his gaze lifted abruptly, falling on the raven haired mans own. "Really? He told you?"

Jaejoong nodded hesitantly. "He did."

Mr. Jung looked back down at his papers and then moved to sit up straight in his chair. "I see. Is there a problem with that?"

 "I.." Jaejoong muttered, closing his eyes briefly. This was harder than he thought it was going to be. "I've grown very fond of Yunho, and I just can't see myself leaving him." The raven haired man opened his eyes again and found Mr. Jung staring at him wearily.

"Jaejoong," Mr. Jung sighed, his fingers rising to massage his temples. "You've grown fond of my son, that is why you don't want to leave him?"

Gulping nervously, Jaejoong answered lowly, afraid to speak anything above a whisper. Mr. Jung suddenly looked scary, heavily sighing and head in his hands. "Yes."

Another threatening sigh pressed past the older mans lips and Jaejoong watched him look up again, annoyance in his eyes. "Do you remember our deal, Jaejoong? When I met you I told you I wanted you to marry Yunho to straighten him out, keep him from clubbing every night,"

Jaejoong nodded.

"and in return I gave you a job."

Furrowing his eyebrows, Jaejoong nodded again.

"Well," Mr. Jung smiled, but his eyes were cold. "You've done your job. He's not clubbing anymore, he looks happy again and Jaejoong that was all I needed. I don't need your help anymore, you're free to go."

"But-" Jaejoong began, but his complaints were interrupted.

"Don't worry about the money. You don't need to work for me anymore, but I'll still provide you with enough money to keep you and your mother on your feet." Mr. Jung voiced, a determined, fake smile playing on his wrinkled lips.

Determined to get rid of me? Jaejoong frowned.

Standing from the cushy desk chair, Jaejoong looked seriously at Mr. Jung and he shook his head. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry, but I can't take that offer. It's wonderful, really, but me and Yunho.." He trailed off, looking away. "I love him. We're in love, Mr. Jung and I'm not going to leave him."

Mr. Jung looked taken aback by Jaejoong's words. His eyes widened and his mouth fell open to say something but snapped shut before anything could come out. 

Nodding at the older mans lack of response, Jaejoong turned to leave. "I'm going back to my office. Call me if you need anything."

And the raven haired man was out the door, hoping to be long gone before Mr. Jung worked up the nerve to say something.

~

Fingers shaking with anticipation, stomach bouncing with nerves, Junsu knocked quickly on the door to Yoochun's home, twice to make sure he'd be heard. He held in his other hand the apologetic gift he'd bought for Yoochun, a box of the mans favorite chocolates.

A few moments later the door swung open. Yoochun's face scrunched up into a half hearted scowl when he saw the shorter man on his door step. "What are you doing here?" He asked, lowly, barely hidden surprise in his voice. The expression fell from his features and he stepped aside to make room for Junsu to enter. 

Looking down at his feet, Junsu passed Yoochun, shoving the chocolates into the elders hands. "I want to talk to you."

Yoochun looked curiously down at the gift and sighed. "Dark chocolate." He muttered.

Junsu nodded sheepishly. "You told me you liked it."

"You listened." The older man said, a tiny smile gracing his lips.

Junsu frowned and nodded his head again. "Of course I listened to you, Yoochun-ah. Everything you said, why wouldn't I?"

A small shrug was his only response and Yoochun turned away from him to pad down the hall. He looked over his shoulder when he reached the end, standing underneath the door frame to the living room. "I thought you said we needed to talk."

The guilty party smiled softly. "Right." He retraced Yoochun's steps down the hall.

~

Yunho hadn't done anything all day. It felt weird for some reason, almost wrong to go out like he usually would. He didn't visit his friends, his mother's grave. He stayed at home, occupying his time as best as he could.

A good portion of his morning was spent on the couch, flipping through the channels on the Television. He decided on a Sci-Fi movie, scoffing at the lame ending when it was over and turning off the TV with a frown.

Without anything to else to do, Yunho went to the bedroom to take a nap, but sleep refused him. He laid awake under the covers as thoughts came rushing to him.

I miss Jaejoong. I wonder what he's doing right now. Yunho thought first, sighing contentedly at the thought of his husband. He's working, answering phones and telling my father what people are calling for.

A frown settled upon the tall mans lips and he covered his eyes with his arm, shutting out the light that was seeping in from the window. "Just don't think about it, Yunho." He mumbled to himself, hoping that would drive away the voice in his head that kept reminding him, Your father was the one who killed her. He killed your mother, what are you going to do about it?

There was nothing Yunho could do. He didn't even know if it was true.

Sighing, Yunho his side and pulled a pillow over his head. It smelled like Jaejoong's shampoo and he smiled. "I'll hold him when he gets home. I'll kiss him and tell him I love him and he's the only one in the world I can't live without."

~

Jaejoong hadn't heard from Mr. Jung since he'd left the mans office. He didn't run into him on his coffee break, hadn't seen him in the hallways when he took a restroom break. It was weird, Jaejoong concluded.

But finally the work day came to an end and with a sigh of relief, Jaejoong packed up his things to leave. He wanted to get home to Yunho. He worried himself over his husband all day, how he was coping with the situation. It had to be hard for him and Jaejoong wondered how he truly felt about it.

Yunho was good at hiding his feelings. He'd acted like everything was fine the night before, but Jaejoong knew better than to believe it. It hurt Yunho to know his father could have been the one who murder his mother.

Jaejoong sighed as he left his office, closing the door quietly behind him. He  shuffled down the hallway to the elevator and pressed the down button. When the doors opened he stepped inside, alongside a few men he'd never seen before. He looked curiously at the men and pondered their presence. He decided it didn't really matter and leaned forward to press the lobby button.

A few moments of awkward silence filled the tiny space. A man behind Jaejoong cleared his throat. Another grumbled something he couldn't hear and then he felt a tap on his shoulder.

Jaejoong turned around, eyebrows furrowed.

"Jaejoong?" The man who'd gotten his attention asked in a low voice.

Surprised, Jaejoong's eyes widened. Who is this? How does he know my name? He wondered what he should tell them. 

Jaejoong realized though, it wouldn't have mattered what he'd told them. What harm can they bring? He still wondered as the silence crept back upon them. Jaejoong ignored the men and turned back to face the elevator doors. Soon they would open and he would rush out of there.

The man smiled at him, though Jaejoong wasn't facing him anymore. He didn't say anything more, turning away to look at the front of the elevator.

They reached the lobby and when the doors opened again all four men piled out. They pushed past Jaejoong, their steps quicker, as if they were in a hurry. Shaking his head, Jaejoong followed them out the door. He couldn't ignore the falling feeling in his stomach, like something bad was about to happen. He hurried into the night air, his mind occupied with hailing down a taxi to get home as fast as he could, into the security of Yunho's arms. But like a gust of wind, quick and unexpected, a pair arms were around Jaejoong's torso, reeling him in closer to the unwanted warmth of anothers chest. His vision was encased in darkness as another man wrapped something around his head and he felt himself being pulled away.

Jaejoong struggled against the hold on him, to no avail. Whoever was holding him was strong, much stronger than him.

What is happening? Jaejoong thought as he yelled vulgar words to the man trapping him against his chest. He tried again and again to pull away, but no progress came of it. 

With sudden realization, Jaejoong's gasped lowly, his flailing arms stilling their reluctance. Were these the weird men from the elevator? Probably so, but that wasn't what he was thinking about.

This was Mr. Jung's doing. This had to be.