When everythings wrong - Part 4

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Jaejoong shifted his weight nervously. He made sure his face portrayed his feelings. Regret and annoyance.

He was pissed, yes. Uncomfortable? Definitely. And the way the club boy was looking at him was sending chills down his spine. The worst part about it all was that nobody was even talking. Wasn't there supposed to be some big hello or something?

Yunho's eyes trailed up and down Jaejoong's body, marveling at his well toned features. 'Damn' He thought. 'He is pretty.'

Jaejoong raised his eyebrows at Yunho. 'What the hell is he staring at?' He glanced at Mr. Jung and saw the man smiling brighter than the sun. 'Is this a trap?'

"So boys," Mr. Jung interrupted the awkward, across the room glares. "Would you like to go sit down in the living room and get to know each other?" He asked, ignoring their looks of horror as he pulled off his overcoat. He made his way past the two boys and started down the hall toward the kitchen. "I'll get some drinks." He called kindly over his shoulder before disappearing behind the door frame.

Yunho and Jaejoong stood in silence for what seemed like several minutes. "Stupid old man." Yunho commented, earning another glare from the pretty boy.

"Don't say such profound things about your father. You should give him respect." Jaejoong scolded, giving Yunho a look of disappointment. The younger boy laughed in amusement, crossing his arms and leaning back against the door frame behind him. "I give respect to none." He muttered, loud enough for Jaejoong to hear.

Jaejoong shook his head at him, then shot him a nasty glare. "You think you're all that, huh?" 

"And a bag of potato chips." Yunho smirked. He pushed himself off the wall with his foot and turned to leave for the living room. Reluctantly, Jaejoong followed. 

Already his tolerance was being tried. Did Yunho have no manners at all? Jaejoong grew up knowing that if he ever said anything hateful about either of his parents he would be beaten. That's just the way it was and the way it is supposed to be. Rich kids don't grow up that way, rich kids are jerks. Now he was getting 'married' to a spoiled little rich kid with no respect for the people around him. Great.

Jaejoong stayed close behind Yunho as they traveled through the big house to the living room. He had to work hard to keep up with Yunho, his legs weren't as fast as the taller boys'.

He was lead down a few hallways before they arrived in the living room. Rephrase that. The really really big, too gorgeous for words, living room. After inspecting it, Jaejoong chose a seat on the opposite side of the couch Yunho was on.

"We're all here?" Mr. Jung asked, surprising the two with his appearance. He came in the room with a tray of three glasses. He set them down on the coffee table in the middle before taking his seat on a chair beside his son. "Let's talk." He said.

The room grew silent, neither boy willing to start the conversation. After a while of silence, Mr. Jung took it into his own hands.

"All right." He spoke. "Since you boys are both too childish to have an adult conversation, I'll just give you the facts. You two are getting married in a month or so, and I would like for you to move in together. I've already bought the house so don't try to squirm your way out of this. Understood?"

Jaejoong crossed his legs and leaned his back against the sofa, pondering on the information just given to him. "When are we moving?" He asked, excepting his fate. Fighting about it would do him no good. His face showed no sign of the overwhelming fear he was feeling. Was he scared of Yunho? No. Scared of moving in with him? You betcha.

Yunho took a short glance at Jaejoong, wondering why he accepted it so fast. Then he looked at his beaming father and wondered why he was so happy? Whatever.

"Soon." Mr. Jung answered Jaejoong's question. "I'd prefer today, if you're up to it."

Jaejoong scooted himself forward on the couch. "Sure." He accepted, getting another odd glance from the man on the other side of the couch. "Let's go." He stood up and waited for the others to.

"OK." Mr. Jung agreed. "Do you have your stuff packed Jaejoong?"

Jaejoong nodded and Mr. Jung stood up with him. "Then yes, let's go."

Yunho stayed seated in his spot. He crossed his arms across his chest and put his feet up on the coffee table. "Go without me." He said. Surprisingly, Mr. Jung didn't disagree.

"That's a good idea." The old man said in a you-think-your getting-away-with-it sort of voice. "While we're gone getting Jaejoong's stuff you can go up to your room and get yours." 

Yunho simply nodded, not showing his anger from the defeat. "Yeah, whatever." He said, rubbing his socked feet together on the table. Such a child.

Mr. Jung started toward the deathly long halls and Jaejoong followed, happily this time because now he was getting away from Yunho. Which was a win situation in his book.

After getting through the maze, Jaejoong followed Mr. Jung back to the Beautiful black leather seated Koenigsegg CCX. Jaejoong knew cars. As a little boy, he would ask his father every time they went to the store to get him a magazine, just to look at the pretty pictures.

Jaejoong shook his head free of his thoughts. He got into the fancy car and waited for Mr. Jung to start it.

"So," Mr. Jung said, pulling out of his driveway. "How did you like Yunho?"

Jaejoong shrugged and looked out the window. "He's alright." That was a lie.

Mr. Jung frowned. "You're not too into this are you Jaejoong?" He asked, getting another unpromising shrug from the boy. He sighed.

"Mr. Jung." Jaejoong whispered in a low voice. The older man answered with a 'hmm'.

"You are one of the nicest people I've ever met. You gave me a job, a promise to support my family, and soon you'll be giving me a beautiful home. The least I can do is marry your son. I can't promise I'll be happy about it, but I will try my hardest to straighten him out." Jaejoong said and looked out the window again.

Mr. Jung reached over and patted Jaejoong's shoulder. "That means a lot." He remarked. "Thank you. I feel like I should be proud." He smiled at his comment. Jaejoong laughed and twisted in his seat to look at Mr. Jung.

"Well, maybe that means you're accepting me as one of your own." Jaejoong stated.

Mr. Jung nodded. "Maybe."

The rest of the way to Jaejoong's apartment was mostly quiet.

"You can park anywhere." Jaejoong said when they pulled into the parking lot. Mr. Jung smiled and picked a spot near the front.

"It's not much." Jaejoong commented when the car had stopped. Mr. Jung didn't reply, he just got out of his car and followed Jaejoong up to his apartment.

They clanked up the staircase to the floor where he lived and Mr. Jung watched as Jaejoong pushed his only key into the nearly broken keyhole of the apartment door.

"I'm home!" Jaejoong announced when he made his way in. He didn't bother taking off his coat and just walked toward the living room where he hoped his mother would be. She stood up when he entered, looking past him at Mr. Jung.

"Hello." She said, smiling politely at them. "I assume you're Mr. Jung?"

The man nodded. "Hello." He said and offered out his hand to Jaejoong's mother to take. She took it softly and they both smiled.

"Um, mom. We're here to get my things." Jaejoong said, interrupting them.

"Oh, I forgot you're leaving today!" She squeaked, covering with her hand. "I'm sorry." She apologized and moved past Mr. Jung to her son. "Are you sure it isn't too soon to go?"

Jaejoong shook his head. "Mom, Mr. Jung already bought the house. We are going to start moving in today, but I WILL probably be back tonight. I mean I don't have a bed there yet."

"Oh," She muttered. "Well, alright."

"OK.." Jaejoong said. He looked at Mr. Jung. "I guess we should go get my stuff."

Mr. Jung nodded and followed Jaejoong to his room.

~~~

Hours later, after many trips from Jaejoong's previous home to his new one, the old man, Yunho, and him finally sat down on the couch at Mr. Jung's, exhausted.

"Good work," Mr. Jung congratulated them. "Rest up tonight. Tomorrows the big stuff."

"Crap." Yunho groaned. "I thought today was the big stuff."

"Don't be a baby." Mr. Jung said.

Yunho glared at his father. "Honestly, how much stuff does a guy need?"

Jaejoong glared at Yunho.

"OK, enough boys. C'mon Jaejoong. I'll take you home."

Jaejoong peeled himself off the leather sofa, and trudged his way to the car again.

~~~

"See you tomorrow." Mr. Jung said as Jaejoong got out of the car. The boy waved and he waited for him to get in the apartment before he drove home.

When Jaejoong was inside his apartment he threw his jacket on the coat tree lazily and kicked off his shoes. He walked to the living room to bid goodnight to his mother.

"So how was the kid?" She asked when he sat down beside her. He kissed her cheek and stood up again to go to his room. "I don't want to talk about it." Was all Jaejoong said before he disappeared behind the secrecy of his door.