When everythings wrong - Part 23

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Jaejoong was still feeling accomplished when they reached home, despite the fact that he hadn't really knocked those bowling pins down on his own. It didn't matter to him and he held his chin up high as they walked through the front door.

Jaejoong stopped them before they could reach the living room "Yunnie, it was so amazing, wasn't it?" 

Yunho nodded for the nth time. He grinned when Jaejoong grabbed his arm excitedly. He couldn't get enough of seeing Jaejoong so happy and excited over the same thing he'd dreaded before. He felt so relieved and so proud. "Baby, you're amazing." 

A blush colored Jaejoong's already wind assaulted cheeks and his eyes fluttered closed as he felt Yunho's fingers touch his chin. Warm fingers, he pressed into them. "Yunnie," He whispered.

Their lips met to share a tender kiss. Yunho pressed himself closer as Jaejoong's hands came up to his chest. He wrapped his arms around the shorter man waist, pulling their hips together gently. Yunho titled his head and moved his lips slowly against Jaejoong's, enjoy the feeling of Jaejoong's lips moving against his own.

Yunho suddenly pulled away, landing butterfly kisses on Jaejoong's cheeks. He smiled sweetly and pressed his forehead against the smaller mans before pulling away and grabbing Jaejoong's hand. "Jae, let's go to bed."

Dazed, Jaejoong nodded his agreement, pressing himself into Yunho's side. The mention of sleep had made him realize how tired he actually was and he moaned against Yunho's ear. "Carry me, bear?" 

"Mmm," Yunho responded, wrapping an arm around Jaejoong's slim waist. He bent down and lifted his husbands legs without too much effort, the man light and easy to carry. Yunho didn't hesitate to press another gentle kiss to Jaejoong's temple. "You're so beautiful, Jaejoong." 

A small chuckle came from the smaller boy in Yunho's arms. He moved to wrap his arms around Yunho's neck so he wouldn't fall. "Nuh uh, you're more beautiful!" Jaejoong whispered, laughing at his own words. 

Yunho chuckled along. "Such a liar," He joked. 

But the playful accusation suddenly hit Jaejoong in the stomach like a ton of bricks. His eyes snapped open, his vision meeting with Yunho's defined jawline. He cringed. Yunho was right, he was a liar. A big stupid liar. Jaejoong felt like all the air had been knocked out of him, but in an attempt to keep it hidden he tucked his face into the crook of Yunho's neck and sighed, trying to breath calmly, evenly.

Yunho pushed their bedroom door open, stumbling in through the dark. He found the bed easily enough and gently laid his fragile husband atop the covers. "Sweetheart, are you already asleep?" He questioned at Jaejoong's silence.

"No." Jaejoong mumbled, his voice soft and quiet. He waited for Yunho to crawl beside him so he could bury his face in the bigger mans chest and hope to wash away his guilt. He'd lied to Yunho about something so important. How was he going to fix it? How could he ever tell Yunho about what he'd heard now? 

Yunho pulled Jaejoong to his chest and rested his head on top of the mans silky locks of hair. He sighed contentedly. "I love you, Jaejoong." 

Jaejoong swallowed, pressing the issue to the back of his mind, or trying to at least. He would think of a solution in the morning, right now he was tired. So tired that he he felt like he might actually be able to shut off his brain, a task he found astoundingly difficult most of the time.

"I love you, too, Yunho. Now and forever." 



With a tall coffee in hand and a fake smile decorating his lips, Jaejoong trudged into his office. He collapsed into his work chair and examined his desk, surprised, with a strange hint of relief to see sticky notes covering his desk and computer. Maybe it was because somehow things seemed to have become normal again, but he felt like the atmosphere had lightened. Maybe he could actually make it through the day. Maybe he just dreamed the day before. His eyes trained on the sticky note in the center that read, in brilliantly neat handwriting, Welcome back, Jaejoong. I've missed you!

Jaejoong smiled faintly. It was always good to be missed, even if the person who was missing you could be the killer of your husbands mother. But Jaejoong dodged the thought and concentrated on reading the next sticky note. 

He sighed and swiveled in his chair to face the computer, also lined with tasks he had to complete before the day was over. Jaejoong reached to turn on the computer. It was going to be a long day. 



The phone calls had finally slowed down enough for Jaejoong to take his daily break. He stood from his chair, reaching his arms high above his head to stretch. The young employee sighed and made his way slowly to the tiny break room down the hall, another steaming cup of coffee on mind. The night before, though tired as he may have been, sleep had been hard to find. Jaejoong had failed at turning off his brain and he'd laid awake for hours after Yunho's soft snores penetrated the silence of their bedroom, making it obvious he had fallen asleep. Tossing and turning all night had caused him to sport some serious bags under his eyes, he really needed that coffee.

Jaejoong couldn't sleep with a guilty conscious. He hadn't realized it before, because he had never been one to lie, but it was something he couldn't just brush off his shoulder without a second glance. He had to find a way to tell Yunho about his father and the things he'd said. Jaejoong had to apologize for lying.

Sighing again, the raven haired man padded into the break room, stopping close to the open door when he saw there was another person in the normally empty room.

His boss stood next to the coffee machine. The thought of escaping before Mr. Jung turned around crossed Jaejoong's mind, but only for a brief moment. The old man had already spotted him and set the coffee pot back on it's burner to wave a hand in acknowledgment. "Coffee break?"

Hearing Mr. Jung's cheerful voice after witnessing such a different, much harsher tone from the man the day before felt like a slap to the face. It made him question if it had been Mr. Jung that had said those things at all, but of course it had to of been. Nobody else would have ever been in his office alone. Yunho was his son and that had been what the man had stated in his angry rant to the person he was talking to on the phone.

Jaejoong nodded, reluctantly moving to the coffee machine. He kept his head low as his moved to fill up his coffee cup, avoiding eye contact with the man. "It's been a long day."

"Tell me about it." Mr. Jung agreed, moving his mug around in his hands.  Jaejoong noticed writing on the cup and curiously looked read the dark blue letters printed upon it's white surface. 

World's best father.

He cringed down at his feet. "Nice cup." Jaejoong commented offhandedly, trying to not sound awkward or uneasy.

Mr. Jung chuckled, looking down at the mug. "Yunho got it for me some years back. He was probably still in high school. I don't really remember."

Jaejoong smiled. "How sweet."

"Mm," Mr. Jung agreed, smiling as well.

They stood in silence for a dragging moment, twiddling their cups and warming their hands. Jaejoong suddenly made a scene of looking down at his watch, murmuring something about having to get back to work if he was ever going to finish for the day.

Mr. Jung let another chuckle pass his lips and he looked up at his son in law. "Sorry about that, son."

Jaejoong laughed along awkwardly, shaking his head. "I.. I'll see you later, Mr. Jung." He left with a wave of his hand.

Mr. Jung stared after him, shaking his head. he turned back to the coffee machine, picking up the pot to refill his cup again.

Something was wrong. Something was most definitely wrong.

~

"So tired." Jaejoong murmured as he opened the door to his home. He set Yunho's car keys down on the hallway table, smiling when he remembered Yunho's morning argument with him about how much better taking his car would be than taking a cab to work. Jaejoong had only agreed when Yunho started pleading, pouting like a child and rubbing his nose against the nape of Jaejoong's neck.

Jaejoong shook his head as he came into the living room. He was surprised to not see Yunho lounging on the couch, remote in hand as he flipped lazily through the channels for something to watch. He furrowed his eyebrows. Where could he have gone? He doesn't even have his car.

The raven haired man dug his phone out of his pocket, pressing Yunho's speed dial and putting the phone to his ear. He waited as it rang a few times and then went to Yunho's voice mail. Jaejoong closed his phone and tossed it onto the nearby couch. Worry clutched at his stomach. What if something was wrong?

The sound of the front door opening caught Jaejoong's attention and he stumbled quickly to the door, almost colliding into his husband as the man came into the living room.

Yunho's expression was unreadable as he looked down at him. Jaejoong opened his mouth to say something, but his words faded away when Yunho crushed him to his chest, arms tightly wound around his shoulders.
 

"Yun-" Jaejoong gasped when he felt Yunho shaking against him. Yunho only pulled him closer. "I love you, Jaejoong. I fell in love with you and I won't ever leave you." His voice was choked and Jaejoong felt the wet tears on his neck. He grimaced and lifted his arms to wrap around Yunho's waist.

"Yunnie, what happened?"