When everythings wrong - Part 19

When everythings wrong - Prologue

With a heavy sigh and a softened expression, Yunho came to the sofa again. He didn't sit, but stood behind it, watching his friend staring down at the floor. He could feel the fear radiating from him and Yunho felt sorry for yelling at him immediately, even though the boy had broken one of their promises. That seemed like kid stuff now, and Yunho resented being so impatient with Junsu.

The small boy backed away from Yunho, his eyes on the ground so there wouldn't be any chance of making eye contact. He was hurt above all, feeling like he'd just lost his best friend for telling him his feelings. Junsu had already accepted, begrudgingly, that he couldn't have Yunho as his lover, but he still wished to be friends. Losing Yunho entirely would kill him, because above all the man was his best friend. They'd done everything together since they were kids, he knew everything about Yunho. The anger of his own situation was boiling Junsu's blood. It made so much more sense for him to have Yunho, not the stranger that came and stole him away. 

Uncomfortable silence enveloped the two. There were no words they could think of to say. 

But Yunho stared at Junsu, wondering how he had never noticed Junsu's feelings before. Now as he came to know them, he could see it so well. Junsu had nearly always had feelings for him. It killed Yunho to know this now and he felt sorry. If only Junsu had told him sooner, before he came to know Jaejoong, before he'd fallen in love with Jaejoong, than maybe..

But Yunho pushed the thoughts away. He did have Jaejoong now, and he wasn't planning on losing the raven haired beauty. Junsu he would console, but there would be nothing between them other than friendship. It would have to always stay that way, but Yunho was inwardly fearing the thought of losing his best friend.

"Junsu-ah," Yunho spoke the squeaky boys name and he took Junsu's soft sniffle as a sign of acknowledgment. "I'm sorry for yelling at you." All he could muster up as an apology, his mind was everywhere all at once.

Junsu was obviously surprised by the words that came form Yunho's mouth, he looked up, a deep blush on his chubby cheeks and his eyes wide. "Y-You're sorry?"

Yunho nodded, smiling softly. "I'm sorry Junsu. I didn't know." He stepped away from the couch, realizing as he left it how tight his grip had been on the back cushion. Yunho moved in front of the piece of furniture, so that he was only a few feet from Junsu. "You are right, though. It is too late."

It was like a knife to the heart. It made the wound even bigger than it had already been to actually hear it come from Yunho's lips. There was no chance for them, but it was expected. Junsu tried to force a smile upon him features, reminding himself that Yunho wasn't leaving him completely behind. They were still friends, right?

"You've helped me a whole lot over the years. You've always been my best friend, and I love you, Junsu. But I'm not going to return your feelings. I hope you know that."

"I know," Junsu squeaked, smiling half heartedly that so Yunho might believe him. He was easy to read through though, a fact he knew and hated about himself. Like he could get over the pain so quickly though, he was human after all. "We can still be friends, though?"

Another one of Yunho's gleaming, attractive, but heartbreaking smiles was rewarded to Junsu. He stashed the moment in his memory, a smile from Yunho that he would cherish like the others he'd seen over the years. "Yes, Junsu. We can still be friends." Yunho answered, even chuckling a bit.

Junsu let a smile lift his lips, but he still felt sorrow. But he was happy, and he hoped that over time all the hurt would go away. He would find somebody to love him, somebody he loved as well. It was just a matter of time. It had to be.

~~~

Yunho entered his home, a little later than he had hoped to. He felt bad, both for the ordeal with Junsu and for making Jaejoong wait for him. He felt guilty for being so mean to his best friend. That headache was coming back in waves and he kicked off his shoes at the door and hung up his keys. 

Yunho padded in his socked feet back to the bedroom. When he opened the door a faint smile graced his lips. Jaejoong was curled up under the blankets, holding the balled fabric in his hands at his chin. He was in the fetal position, Yunho could tell, and he'd brought in a couple more blankets to keep him warm. Yunho noticed the heater wasn't on and his heart thumped in his chest. 

Jaejoong was too beautiful. Way too beautiful. What saintly thing had he done to deserve such a prize? He watched Jaejoong sleeping, the small boys breathing slow and steady.  Yunho leaned against the door frame, calmed by just the sounds his husband was making in his sleep. 

As if he could feel Yunho's presence near him, Jaejoong's eyes fluttered open, a soft waking sigh passing his pouting lips. He heard Yunho chuckle and followed the voice to see Yunho standing at the door. "Mmm, what are you doing standing there?"

Yunho shrugged, not really knowing the answer himself. "I'm sorry, baby." He moved to stand up straight and started toward the bed. But he didn't climb in it next to his sleepy husband. He squatted next to Jaejoong, leaning forward to kiss the boy chastely on the lips.

Jaejoong smiled. "Did things go well?" He asked, poking one of his hands out from under the covers to interlace his fingers with Yunho's. He rubbed his cheek gently against the backside of Yunho's hand. His cheek felt cool and soft after Yunho's skin.

Reminded of the incident, Yunho frowned. "I guess it went okay, but can we talk about it in the morning? I'm tired."

Curious, but too sleepy to push Yunho for answers, Jaejoong smiled again and nodded. He let go of Yunho's hand so he could get dressed for sleep.

Yunho felt bad for not telling Jaejoong about Junsu right away. The guilt came back, rising in his throat like nasty bile, but he avoided it, promising himself he would tell Jaejoong in the morning. 

~~~

Yoochun bit down hard on the end of his pen, stuck again in the middle of composing a song he'd been meaning to write but hadn't found the inspiration to do so. He promised Jaejoong he would get it finished. The raven haired boy had been so captivated by Yoochun's musical abilities, it was all he could talk about when they conversed. So Yoochun promised him a song, but he couldn't think of a single word to write.

Standing up to stretch out his frustration, Yoochun thought he would take a quick break to go to the coffee shop to clear his mind an start over knew. He grabbed his thin black jacket and wrapped it around himself , slipping on his shoes and he headed for the door.

The moment his hand touched the doorknob his cell phone rang loudly from his pocket and he stopped to dig it out.

Junsu the name on the screen read. He smiled and flipped open his phone.

"Hello?"

"Yoochunnie~" the squeaky boy whined from the other end of the line. "Are you busy right now?"

Yoochun thought it odd of Junsu to call to see what he was doing. They were friends, good friends, but Junsu never called just to see what he was doing. He was much too demanding for something as polite as that.

"I'm actually about to head to the coffee shop down the street from my house. The tiny one. Why do you care?" Yoochun realized, feeling stupid, that he was standing still before his door. He shook his head and opened the door to leave.

"Oh," Junsu responded, sounding sort of disappointed. "Mind if I meet you there?"

Yoochun furrowed his eyebrows. "Um... I don't mind."

Junsu laughed, cheerful, and Yoochun wondered why with a heap of unleashed curiosity. "Okay, see you soon." The odd boy squeaked before hanging up.

Yoochun took his phone away from his ear, and he stared at it in wonder. "Strange."