When everythings wrong - Part 24

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Yoochun and Junsu had been seeing each other for days, kissing, cuddling, talking over romantic dinners. All the things a normal couple would do, but Yoochun had a feeling something was off. He had decided he was paranoid, thinking that he was just shocked that the man he had been secretly crushing on for so long was finally returning his feelings, but day after day the out of place feeling just wouldn't leave.

He was sitting across the table from Junsu, staring at the small boy eat. His laughter rang out in the room and Yoochun realized he'd missed something, maybe one of Junsu's odd jokes so he laughed along. But a subtle frown blanketed Junsu's lips and he cocked his head at Yoochun.

"Something wrong, Chunnie?" Came his sing songy voice coated with concern. He reached his arm across the table to touch Yoochun's cheek lightly. "Why are you spacing out?"

Yoochun shook his head. "I'm sorry, Su. I was just.." But he stopped. What could he tell Junsu? What if he said something wrong and made the man leave him? His heart ached at the thought, but he swallowed his fears and looked into Junsu's soft brown eyes. "Junsu ah, why are you interested in me all of the sudden?"

Junsu looked surprised. His eyes widened and his hand retreated. He looked away from Yoochun, down at his half eaten food and then back up to Yoochun's eyes. "Yoochunnie," Junsu whispered softly, his voice barely reaching Yoochun's ears. "I don't want to talk about this right now."

"I want to talk about it, though." Yoochun said. He looked at Junsu, the mans brown eyes met his own and he sighed. "Junsu, I really love spending time with you. You're fun, caring, beautiful, but there's just something wrong. Why do you want to be with me now when before the thought of being with me repulsed you?"

A faint pout replaced Junsu's frown. "I never said the thought of being with you repulsed me Yoochun. Never."

"Because your actions said it for you."

"Yoochunnie, what are talking abo-"

"Junsu, you never let me touch you before, no matter the circumstances. We were friends, but never once was I allowed to hug you, loop an arm around your shoulders. You flinched away from me whenever I brushed up against you, by accident or on purpose. You know it's true."

Junsu's eyes became wide again and he searched Yoochun's darkened orbs for a way out of this fight, for a soft spot, but he knew what Yoochun was saying was true. "Yoochun, I-"

"But Yunho could touch you. Yunho could do anything to you and you wouldn't mind. Because you were in love with him, but too afraid to tell him." Yoochun sighed again and shook his head. "Now that he's with Jaejoong and your chances with him are vanished, you want to rely on me to take his place? Is that it Junsu?"

Junsu couldn't beleive Yoochun was acting so.. upfront with him all of the sudden. Where was this coming from? "Yoochun, Why are you saying all this? Why are you so mad at me?" He stood from his seat, looking across the table at the other man with an angry expression.

"I'm not going to be your rebound boy!" Yoochun roared. He stood from his seat as well, looking just as surprised as Junsu did for his outburst. Yoochun gathered their plates and turned to leave for the kitchen, not lifting his eyes again to spare Junsu another look. "I'd appreciate it if you left."

~

Yunho sighed again, staring into his bowl of left over milk. He stirred his spoon around in it, chasing a left behind particle of cereal with only slight amusement.

"Yunnie, please just tell me." Jaejoong pressed, as much as he didn't want to. Yunho was upset, he had cried over something and wouldn't tell him what it was. He would worry until he knew what had caused his husband pain. Jaejoong poked Yunho's arm lightly, trying to pry his attention away from his bowl of milk.

"Jae," Yunho whispered lowly. "Isn't it weird that we're eating cereal for dinner?"

Jaejoong leaned back in his chair, defeated. "Yeah.. weird." He let a frustrated sigh of his own pass his lips and brought his knees up to his chest. Jaejoong knew he didn't have any place to be upset over Yunho keeping something from him, but it was the most frustrating thing in the world. He was watching Yunho trying to keep himself together and all he wanted to do was take the pain away. Jaejoong didn't even know what was causing the mans pain. "Oh I wish you would tell me your troubles, Jung Yunho. It would make this a whole lot easier." Jaejoong mumbled under his breath.

Yunho finally looked at him, shaking his head. "No, Jaejoongie. It really wouldn't." He smiled sadly and held out his arms. "Come here."

Huffing, Jaejoong moved from his own seat to sit sideways on Yunho's lap. He let his head fall against Yunho's shoulder and he closed his eyes. "Don't you think I should know?"

"Hmm," Yunho groaned, but soon nodded his head. "I guess you should know. You have to know, because it involves you."

Jaejoong smiled bitterly. "I figured that much." He remembered Yunho's declaration of love when he'd arrived home earlier.

The taller man wound his arms around Jaejoong's waist. He pressed his cheek against his husbands silky raven locks, holding the man close and rocking their bodies together. "I love you, Jaejoong. You do know that, right?"

"Mmm," Jaejoong nodded against Yunho's shoulder. "Of course I know that." He moved to press a long kiss against Yunho's tightened jaw and his fingers splayed across the upper part of Yunho's arm, caressing the muscle through the fabric of the mans shirt. "I love you, too, Yunnie ah. Please just tell me why you were crying, we'll get through it together."

Another sigh, low and dripping with reluctance, passed Yunho's thinned lips. He turned to kiss the top of Jaejoong's head and then leaned back and lifted Jaejoong's gaze to meet his own. "God, you're beautiful." Yunho breathed as he studied Jaejoong's features; skin pale and flawless, cheeks tinted a rosy pink due to his comment, much to Yunho's amusement. He held the mans face in his hand, his thumb over Jaejoong's pouty red lips. "I won't ever let you go."

"Yun," Jaejoong began to whine.

"Okay," Yunho whispered. "I'm sorry, it's just..." He stopped, his words trailing off as he leaned down to capture Jaejoong's lips with his own. He pressed their bodies close again, one arm protectively around Jaejoong's slim waist, keeping him on his lap, his other hand still holding the pretty mans cheek.

Yunho kissed Jaejoong slowly, lovingly, tilting his head to the side for better access to Jaejoong's mouth. Slowly, Jaejoong gave in, kissing him back just as softly, just as lovingly.

Their mouths melted together, a soft moan escaped Jaejoong's lips and Yunho took the opportunity to slip his warm tongue into the smaller mans mouth, his hand moving to hold Jaejoong's chin instead.

Jaejoong lifted his arms and hooked his fingers together behind Yunho's neck, pressing his lips closer, greedy for more. He entangled his tongue with Yunho's, again into Yunho's awaiting mouth.

Yunho teasingly slipped his fingers under the backside of Jaejoong's shirt, rubbing gentle circles close to the elastic band of Jaejoong's pajama pants. He was barely touching the man, but Jaejoong was enjoying the teases, pulling away for a moment to straddle Yunho's waist. He pressed himself closer, if that was even a possibility.

His fingers had just began lifting the elastic waist band of Jaejoong's silky black pajama pants when he was roughly pushed away. Yunho snapped his eyes open, ready to scold his husband for stopping, but his words died in his throat when he saw Jaejoong's fierce expression. As pretty as the man was, he could look so scary.  "Jae-Jaejoongie?"

"Don't try to distract me, Yunho." Jaejoong grumbled, his eyebrows furrowed.

Yunho's eyes widened. "I-I was wasn't Jae, really-"

"Just," Jaejoong pressed his first finger against Yunho's lips. "Tell me now. You're driving me crazy."

Yunho smiled against Jaejoong's finger, reaching a hand up to hold his wrist as he kissed it. The man frowned and pulled his hand away. "Tell me."

The taller man looked away from Jaejoong's determined glare and he breathed deeply, almost forcing himself to look back into his expecting eyes. What would his reaction be? What if he broke down again just telling Jaejoong what had happened? But Yunho shook his head and sighed. He'd been sighing too much lately.

"My father," Yunho whispered finally. "He wants me to divorce you."

Jaejoong's lips parted in surprise. He'd been expecting something awful, but not anything like that. Mr. Jung wants us separated? He thought to himself, looking away from Yunho's saddened eyes. Was I too obvious that something was wrong?

Jaejoong nodded, deciding this was all his fault. "Yunho ah," He whispered, cupping Yunho's face in his hands and staring back into to Yunho's darkened, glistening orbs. He sighed against the mans lips and furrowed his eyebrows. "He said that?"

Yunho didn't answer, but the tears swelling in his eyes were answer enough. Jaejoong wrapped his arms gently around Yunho's shoulders and he tucked his face into the nape of his husbands neck, breathing in and out slowly. Yunho's arms wrapped around his waist and he let his head fall to Jaejoong's shoulder. "I can't... I won't let you go Kim Jaejoong."

"He knows then." Jaejoong muttered under his breath, the quiet spoken words doubly hushed against Yunho's neck. But a quizzical expression played on Yunho's features.

"What do you mean?"

Jaejoong was glad Yunho couldn't see his face. He bitterly remembered the things Mr. Jung had said about Yunho's mother in that eavesdropped phone conversation. Jaejoong swallowed the lump that had begun to rise in his throat. It was true. It had to be true if Mr. Jung was now trying to get rid of him. What am I going to do? Yunho... I can't leave him. He's mine, I love him. He loves me. Mr. Jung can't do this to us. He can't do this.

Before Jaejoong knew it, his eyelashes were wet and his chest was heaving against Yunho's. He held tight to Yunho's shoulders. "I won't let go of you either, Yunho. We'll get past this. We have to."

Yunho nodded, rubbing soothing circles on Jaejoong's lower back, his face pressed against Jaejoong's shoulder. "Jaejoong ah, why? Why is he doing this?"

A pang of guilt struck Jaejoong's heart, a feeling that was becoming far to familiar. He sighed again heavily into Yunho's neck and pulled away. His eyes were wet, red and puffy and he took away his hands to rub the fallen tears from his cheeks. "I'm sorry, Yunnie. I'm so sorry." Jaejoong whispered and dropped his hands back into his lap. "I thought I was wrong. I lied to you, Yun. I didn't think it would become anything." He lowered his head and gathered his fallen tears once again, streaking his red cheeks for a second time. "I'm so sorry."

A silence surrounded the couple and a puzzled expression fell upon the younger mans face. His fingers had stopped moving against Jaejoong's back and a slow frown overtook his lips. "Joongie, what are you talking about now? What do you have to be sorry for?"

Jaejoong took in a shaky breath, feeling an odd sensation of relief and sorrow when Yunho took up his previous actions, his long fingers pressed gently against the indent in his lower back. It was soothing, but hard to deal with in a situation like this. Yunho would probably hate him for keeping this from him, for saying such a horrible thing about his father. He should have told Yunho the moment he saw him after he'd come home early that day.

"Yun," Jaejoong started. "There's something you should know."

How do you tell the man you love most in the world something you know will hurt them more than anything?

Yunho pulled Jaejoong closer to him by his waist and the smaller man looked up at him in surprise. Yunho smiled. "Tell me, baby."

Jaejoong watched Yunho with sorrowful eyes and he sighed, his warm breathing ghosting Yunho's lips. "Yunnie... Yunho ah. I.." The words died on his lips. He looked away, hoping he could find the strength to tell Yunho somewhere else, but he just felt weaker. He couldn't keep it from him now.

Inhaling deeply, staring at the limited distance between their bodies, Jaejoong nodded softly. His let his eyes wander slowly back to Yunho's expectant gaze and he frowned, his forehead creasing with worry. "I'm so sorry, Yunnie. When I came home from work early my first day back after out honeymoon, well It..." He paused, his eyes closing. "It was because I heard something from your father that I.. I overheard him on the phone, talking to somebody."

Yunho titled his head slightly, confused. "What does that have to do with you coming home, Jae?"

A soft, shaky sigh pushed past Jaejoong's lips and he let his eyes flicker back open. "He was talking about your mother, Yun.. saying things I didn't want to believe."
 
Yunho's lips parted slightly, still confused, but more-so curious now. "Go on."

"Whoever he was talking to.." Jaejoong continued. "He told them to not let him get caught. He said he couldn't go to jail, and it was almost like he was threatening the person on the phone, saying that they wouldn't want you left alone with no parents if he were to go to jail, would they?" Jaejoong watched Yunho's eyes cautiously, a frown permanently settled upon his lips it seemed.

Finally Yunho lifted his gaze to look at Jaejoong again. "Are you saying my father had something to do with my mothers murder?" He asked, his voice not accusing in the least.

Jaejoong shook his head. "No, Yunnie.. I.. I don't know what to think. That's just what I heard is all."

A long pause tensed the conversation. But Yunho sighed and gripped Jaejoong's chin gently between his thumb and forefinger. His eyes were saddened, Jaejoong could see. He wanted to embrace Yunho, take back all the sorrow he'd just implanted on Yunho's heart. But the taller man spoke, voice low and wary.

"Everything wasn't alright when you came home early, then?"

Jaejoong eyebrows furrowed and he cast his eyes down. "I'm sorry for lying, Yunnie. I was scared to tell you. I didn't want to upset you."

Yunho leaned forward and pressed his forehead against Jaejoong's. "Baby, It's alright." He paused, closing his eyes and swallowing hard. It was a lot to take in at one time, but he was glad everything was out in the open now. "Don't keep things from me anymore, Kim Jaejoong. Do you hear me?"

"Yes." Jaejoong promised.

"Good." Yunho's voice was low. He looked down, eyes settling on Jaejoong's chest. The words hadn't really sunken in yet, his mind was fuzzy though all of the sudden depression weighing down heavily on their lives. He understood the words Jaejoong had said, but he couldn't seem to feel anything from them just yet. Though he knew he was hurt, he knew his heart would hurt later on for all the things he;d just learned, Yunho smile softly. "I love you, sweetheart. We'll get through this."

Jaejoong sniffled as Yunho claimed his lips again. "Together." He breathed into the kiss, feeling Yunho smile back.