When everythings wrong - Part 3

When everythings wrong - Prologue

"Do you even know how to get there?" A mother filled to the brim with concern asked her son grumpily.

Jaejoong sighed. "Yes mom. He gave me directions." He grabbed the folded up napkin off the bedside table and passed it to his mom before turning his attention back to his luggage.

She took it, studying over the writing for a moment. "When are you going to meet this boy? His son?" She asked.
 

Jaejoong grabbed the directions from his mother, shoving them in his pocket before replying to her question. "I don't know. Today I think. Either I'm staying with him tonight, or in a hotel, you know I'm not staying here right?" In all honesty, he didn't really care about meeting 'Yunho'. Marrying him was just a part of the bargain. His mother sighed and nodded.

"I'll see you later mom." He mumbled, grabbing his suit case. "I'll be back for my stuff after work." Jaejoong gave his mom a quick peck on the cheek before leaving his bedroom. She followed him to the front door.

"Have a nice day." A mother full to the brim of PRIDE and concern called after her son. He waved a backwards hand at her, then descended down the staircase to find a taxi outside the apartment building.

~~~

"So," Yunho grumbled after swallowing his mouthful of cereal. "When is he coming?"

Mr. Jung set down his cup of coffee. "After work. And when he gets here I want you to be nice to him." The older man picked up his utensils to finish off his breakfast. Yunho just gave a snort as his reply, getting up to put his empty bowl in the sink. He shuffled back to the table and sat across from his father.

Yunho watched his father cut off a big bite of his pancakes, shoving it in his mouth. He took a gulp of his unfinished orange juice before speaking. "What does he look like?" Yunho asked, curiosity getting the best of him.

Mr. Jung nearly choked on his breakfast, caught off guard by his son's sudden interest in the boy. He composed himself before acknowledging the question. "Last night you were yelling at me because I set you up with an arranged marriage, and now you want to know what the man looks like?"

Yunho nodded, waiting for his answer.

Mr. Jung shrugged, shaking his head. "I should have guessed." He took a drink and then answered. "The boy is very pretty. Prettier than any women I've seen in a while."

Yunho raised a brow at his father. "Pretty?" He asked. "Must be a twit."

"Watch your mouth boy." Mr. Jung scolded him. "What did I tell you about being nice to him?" Yunho rolled his eyes, mumbling a quiet 'Sorry' to his father.

The room was quiet for a moment as Mr. Jung finished his pancakes and his glass of milk. "I'll see you after work son. Remember what I told you." He said when he was done.

"Yeah, sure." Yunho waved him off, standing up from the hard kitchen chair. He caught his fathers warning gaze before the man grabbed his briefcase to go to work. He bid him a good day before plopping himself on the couch in front of the Television, where he would most likely be for most of the day.

~~~

Jaejoong handed the taxi driver the directions to his work building. The balding old man took it with shaky hands, squinting to read the print. Jaejoong watched him with caution. He wanted to jump out of the taxi and find a new one, but he didn't have the time. So he just kept quiet while the driver pulled out into the street.

Jaejoong watched out the window, watching the people fly by. He was hoping the day would go by fast. Occupied with his thoughts, he didn't notice when the old taxi driver pulled in front of a tall business building a short amount of time later. The balding senior had to wave a hand at him to oull his attention away from his thoughts.

"O-oh, sorry." Jaejoong stuttered. He handed the man a little money before climbing out of the cab. "Thanks." He called when the man pulled off the curb. He caught the man's wrinkled hand waving him goodbye before he turned toward the tall building in front of him.

Jaejoong sighed softly, swinging his briefcase beside him as he walked toward the big entrance doors. He pushed on the large handle and the door came open. The raven haired man looked down at the floor, pure white tiles catching his attention. Not a smudge marked the spotless white floor.

'Wow.' He thought, looking around the rest of the over sized lobby. Shaking his head, Jaejoong made his way across the big space to a wooden desk. A women, wearing a button up pink shirt greeted him with a smile. Her lightly colored brown hair flowed flawlessly over her shoulders and her skin was glowing. Jaejoong was sure men flocked around her more than she could probably handle. 

"May I help you?" She asked in a bit too cheery voice. Her eyes wandered over Jaejoong's body swiftly, as if he didn't notice her checking him out. He smiled. "Yes, I'm looking for Mr. Jung. He hired me yesterday."

"Oh." The pretty women blushed, turning toward her computer. "Your name?"

"Kim Jaejoong." He told her, watching as her slender fingers typed his name into the keyboard. She turned back to him and smiled again. "Take the elevator up to floor 10." She said pointing at a hall leading off the right side of the lobby. "Then it's the first room on the left side."

"Thank you." Jaejoong bowed to her before walking toward the pointed direction. He took the elevator to the 10th floor and knocked on the door he was told Mr. Jung was would be in.

"Come in." A deep voice came from the other side. Jaejoong followed the command and twisted the doorknob. "Hello Sir." He greeted when he was inside. He looked around the room, once again astonished at the size.

"Oh, Jaejoong. You're here." Mr. Jung said. "You got here alright? No problems."

Jaejoong shook his head at the questions. "None." He mumbled. The directions had been quite clear, no mistakes. Jaejoong took the old man as the kind of person that never made any mistakes.

The older man smiled and stood up. "Come with me. I'll show you to your office." Mr. Jung started toward the door, and Jaejoong stepped aside to let him pass, following after him down the hall. "Here." He said, opening a door marked '9'.

Jaejoong stepped in after him, looking again at the rooms features. The room was a bit smaller than Mr. Jung's, but that was expected. An empty, expensive looking desk was located in the middle of the room in front of a large window peering out over the city. A luxurious red sofa sat against the right wall, accompanied by chairs on each side. A flat screen hung on the wall opposite of the sofa and chairs.

"Is this.. All for me?" Jaejoong asked, shocked at the rooms quality. He heard Mr. Jung laugh.

"Yes," The gruff man answered. "It's all yours. Now getting to business, your job is honestly not too difficult. Boring, yes I must say, but I hope that won't be a problem."

"Not at all, Sir." Jaejoong said, turning away from his office to look at his boss.

"Good." Mr. Jung smiled. "Now, all you'll be doing for now is answering calls from busy people. So try to be swift and catch what they say, it's important. I want you to write the information they give you down on something and give it to me when I need it. Is that all cool?"

Jaejoong nodded quickly.

"Good." Mr. Jung said again. "If you need me, I'm right down the hall. Good luck boy. I'll see you at lunch." He patted Jaejoong's shoulder once with a strong hand before leaving the boy alone in his big office.

Jaejoong trotted across the room to his desk. He placed his briefcase in the middle of it, turning to analyze his office again. "Wow." He said into the quiet, leaning his on his desk. He jumped off the desk, nearly flying across the room again, when the phone rang loudly from behind him. Realizing his stupidity, Jaejoong ran to the screaming phone and began his first work day.

~~~

"How's your first work day going for you?" Mr. Jung asked, sitting down in front of Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked up at his boss. "Good." He smiled, looking back down at his sub sandwich.

"That's good to hear." The older man laughed.

It was quiet for a moment, both chewing their food.

"Today I would like you to meet my son, if that's alright." Mr. Jung put out. Jaejoong just nodded in agreement. "OK."

Mr. Jung asked, "After work?"

"Sure." Jaejoong agreed.

~~~

Jaejoong followed closely after the older man. He gaped in shock when he saw his car. "Oh my God." He muttered under his breath, earning a chuckle from his boss. "Get in boy, I'm a little excited for you to meet my son."

Jaejoong followed orders, ignoring the last part of Mr. Jung's words as he slid into the black leather seat. His fingers touched over the smooth material. "So pretty." He murmured.

"If you want, I could get you one." Mt. Jung offered, starting the fancy cars engine. Jaejoong's eyes flashed to his face, staring speechlessly at him. Mr. Jung Smiled widely. "Is that a yes."

Jaejoong eyes nearly popped out of his skull. "You would do that?!" He almost yelled. Then he realized his rudeness and sat back in his seat. "I mean, no that would be selfish to take something like that."

"It wouldn't be taking." Mr. Jung said, keeping his eyes straight as he pulled out of the parking lot. "It would be a gift. I mean, you're going to be my Son-in-law after all."

Jaejoong groaned at the mentioning of that. Mr. Jung looked at him worriedly and he waved him off. "No, it's fine."

Mr. Jung shook his head. "If that's what you want boy."

Jaejoong turned his attention to the window. He thought about everything that was about to happen. Soon he would be meeting his future husband. Ugh. How could he marry a guy? Sighing, he thought about the positive things. He got a good job, and Mr. Jung was one of the friendliest people he ever met. Maybe this Yunho kid wasn't all bad, and maybe Jaejoong could grow to like him, maybe a little.

"We're here." Mr. Jung announced cheerfully. Jaejoong looked at him and saw him getting out of the car. He did that same.

Jaejoong took in his surroundings, telling himself mentally to not be surprised at the massive size of the home Mr. Jung lived in. Though telling himself this did nothing to contain his shock. The house was huge, bigger than any he had seen in years. It could easily be called a mansion.

Stepping onto the stepping stones, Jaejoong followed Mr. Jung to the porch, where the man pulled out a ring of jingling keys and picked out one to unlock the front door. After a minute they were inside, and Jaejoong was wishing he were dead.

"Yunho!" Mr. Jung called out into the house. Jaejoong felt his insides lurch. Surprisingly he felt nervous, and more self conscious than he should. His hands absentmindedly came up to his hair and patted down a few stray strands. Just as his hands fell back to his sides a tan boy, looking a good couple inches taller than him, came out into the front hallway.

"Ah, Yunho," Mr. Jung said, pointing to Jaejoong with a smile on his face. "Meet your fiance."