When everythings wrong - Part 15

When everythings wrong - Prologue

"Oh, Joongie, you look so cute!" A proud mother up smiled at her son. She rested her hands gingerly on Jaejoong's shoulders and peered up at him with a twinkle in her eyes. "This suit makes you look like an angel." She whispered with her voice cracking under the weight of fought back tears.

"Stop it, Omma," Jaejoong whined and looked away to hide his reddening cheeks. His mother had never treated him so much like she did his sisters until this moments. Of course he was used to being spoken to as if he were a daughter rather than as a man, but what could he expect from a mother with only one son. Jaejoong sighed as he realized what a mama's boy he truly was. "I don't look like an angel."

His mother giggled and rose on her tiptoes to kiss Jaejoong on the cheek. Tears were b in her eyes and she brought up a hand to swipe them away, laughing softly. "Whatever Jaejoongie. You look gorgeous. Just like an angel. I'm sure Yunho will have a heart attack when he sees you."

"Omma!" Jaejoong pulled his mothers hands away and covered his face with his own.

"Oh hush," The woman waved him away and stepped toward Jaejoong again. She started to straighten his tie, her fingers dancing about his suit, tucking things in and pulling things this way and that. She smiled finally with satisfaction and pulled Jaejoong with her back to the mirror. "Look how pretty my Jaejoongie is now!"

The raven haired man groaned but stared into the mirror at his own reflection. His looked nervous, staring back at himself, eyebrows crinkled and and mouth agape. Jaejoong suddenly felt self conscious and he ran his hands down the sides of his suit. "Oh, I don't think white is my color."

"Jaejoong, you look beautiful in white! What are you talking about?"

"I'm not a girl, Omma. I can't be beautiful." Jaejoong crossed his arms across his chest and a pout settled on his lips. "Stop saying stuff like that." But his voice was just above a whisper, quiet in the big dressing room. 

The older woman sighed, pulling on her sons arm softly. She could feel his worries beginning to bubble to the surface. "Alright, you're handsome. Now stop staring at yourself and get ready to walk down the aisle. It's almost time."

Jaejoong's eyes jumped quickly to his mothers face. It's already almost time? He asked himself. Not even an hour seemed to of passed since he came to the church in the morning and it was already time for him to get married? Jaejoong was starting to feel light headed. What had been just an opportunity before had become something that he really wanted, but how could he get married with such a huge lump in his throat?

"Omma, are you sure I look fine? Am I missing something, anything? Maybe we should do this some other time, I don't think I'm ready." The boy was rambling, buying himself time he thought. Nothing had to be set in stone today. The thoughts were invading his reasoning, trying desperately to persuade him that anything and everything could wait just one more day. Maybe a year.

"Stop it." Jaejoong's mother spoke, holding a hand up to silence the boys words, Jaejoong obeyed and closed his mouth, only his eyes portraying his worry. "You're fine. Everything is fine." She said and pointed to the door leading to the aisle. "Now go stand over there, I'll be there in a moment. Mommy has to fix her make-up."

Jaejoong watched with nervous eyes as his mother nearly pranced out of the small hallway. She was so happy, happier than she had been in a while. Jaejoong couldn't understand why him getting married to a man she hardly even knew would make her happy. Maybe it was because of the fairly large sum of money involved, but Jaejoong had never known his mother to be such a selfish person. But he sighed away his thoughts, it wasn't the right time to be worrying about something so silly. With his head hung low and full doubt, Jaejoong dragged his feet to stand in front of the large set of doors that would soon lead him to the rest of his life. He waited for her to return, trying to busy his mind with something other than thinking. Jaejoong found himself staring at the leaves of a fake plant that stood next to the doors.

He was so focused on it, the way the creases made it look so real, that he didn't hear his mother approaching him minutes later. He was still unaware of her presence until she smacked him on the shoulder to get his attention. "What on earth are you staring at?"

"Nothing, Omma." Jaejoong muttered and turned his head toward his mother. "I'm fine."

The short woman looked up at her son with faint curiosity, but she dismissed the oddness of his behavior with a swish of her hand and a smile, turning toward the doors. "We have a few moments before the music will start." She said.

Jaejoong could see his mother peering up at him still from the corner of her eyes. She moved them back to the doors when she caught on that he knew she was looking, but her dainty hands, soft skin and thin fingers wrapped gingerly around his own. A small squeeze was all she gave him, and it was all he needed. Jaejoong inhaled a deep breath.

"I'm very proud of you, Jaejoong." His mother whispered, and Jaejoong could hear the tears held back in her voice. He looked down at her once more, about to open his mouth and tell her something, but then the sounds of music floated to his ears and all of the words on his tongue dissipated.

~

Yunho's fingers twitched with anxiety. He couldn't help but look down at himself every other second, making sure he still looked presentable and hadn't somehow messed anything up. Yunho wondered, as he stood up in front of his and Jaejoong's families and friends if the man he was about to be conjoined in marriage with was as nervous as him. 

Yunho looked at his father, sitting in the very front row on his family's side. The older man was talking to another man sitting next to him that, after a moment, Yunho came to realize was his uncle. He sighed with disbelief at his own forgetfulness. He inwardly blamed it on his nerves.

Yunho felt as though he had been standing up at the front of the church for hours, and all the while as he waited and waited for the music to start so he could see his beautiful Jaejoong, he hadn't once thought of his mother. Guilt settled all at once in his chest when he was reminded of her. Tears pricked at the back of his eyes. The overwhelming loss of his mother's absence on such a important day almost weighed him down enough to send him home crying. But Yunho played strong and spoke to his mother in his mind, hoping she would hear him somehow.

 Omma, Yunho began. I'm getting married now, and my only wish I ask of you is for you to watch me in my happiest moment. He turned his head toward the ceiling and smiled, hoping she would see. Please?

Tears pooled at the corners of Yunho's eyes, and he reached a hand to his face and swiftly wiped them all away, thinking no one had noticed. But a moment later a hand laid on his shoulder and Yunho turned to face Junsu.

"You alright?" The small man asked, concern evident in his voice and features. "Are you crying? I totally understand, man. I wouldn't want to get married to someone like Jaejoong either."

Yunho rolled his eyes and pushed Junsu's hand off of his shoulder. "Just go stand over there and be a good best man. I'm not crying because I don't want to marry Jaejoong."

"Then why are you crying?" Junsu persisted just as Yunho had suspected he would. Junsu looked up at Yunho with curious eyes.

"Aish," The taller man sighed and turned away from his friend. "It's nothing, Su."

Junsu frowned at this but didn't continue questioning anymore. He stepped away from Yunho again and sighed himself. He knew how stubborn Yunho could be and didn't want to create any more friction between them than he already had. Not on the mans wedding day. "Fine, but I do expect you to tell me later."

Yunho nodded, not looking back at him again. "Yeah, I'll tell you later." He let his hopes fall on the idea of Junsu forgetting about the ordeal. He had a history of that sort of thing.

A few minutes later, the entire time spent of Yunho fiddling with his outfit and worrying over everything he could think to worry about, the crowd of people sitting in the pews began to shuffle about when Yoochun, late of course, finally took his seat in front of the piano and readied his fingers to play. Yunho's head snapped up to the doors when the familiar wedding tune filled his eardrums. He plastered a smile on his face and hoped it didn't look wrong somehow. 

The few short moments it took to open the doors for Jaejoong and his mother almost sent Yunho over the edge into a pool of frazzled nerves. They were bouncing under his skin with excitement and worry. A part of him couldn't believe the moment was actually here, but another part of him thanked the lord that it was.

In the first few seconds Yunho's eyes captured Jaejoong, the man looking completely like an angel in his white suit, he felt like dying. With happiness of course. Yunho would be lying to himself if he said he had ever seen Jaejoong more beautiful then he was at that very moment. Jaejoong almost sparkled, no forget that. Jaejoong did sparkle. Everything about him sparkled.

His gaze rested on Jaejoong's big brown orbs. He smiled so wide he felt like his face was about to crack, but it didn't matter. Jaejoong smiled back, gently, blinking his eyelashes more often than he needed to. He looked as happy as Yunho, and the taller man had to hold back a small chuckle when Jaejoong's cheeks began to brighten pink.

Utterly captivated by Jaejoong, Yunho hadn't noticed all the guests in the pews had stood up. Of course it was a normal thing to do for the bride at a traditional wedding but it still caught Yunho's attention. It felt odd to him, not that he would ever admit to his soon to be spouse, but nonetheless he looked away from them and watched Jaejoong continue down the aisle toward him.

Jaejoong was still smiling, his cheeks brighter pink now than before Yunho had looked away. He seemed self conscious with every body's eyes on him as he walked with his mother, but who wouldn't be with so many people staring? The time it took Jaejoong to walk down the aisle, that earlier Yunho had complained to his father as being too long, felt like hours. Yunho wanted Jaejoong to be beside him. He wanted to hold Jaejoong's hands as they said their vows.

It was weird to Yunho, thinking back to only a month or so ago when he opposed even the mentioning of him getting married. But now here he was, getting married, the thing he never thought he would get around to doing. He was happy though, thankful that his father had forced him into this. Because without him doing so Yunho would have never found Jaejoong. And maybe it was the security that after a year if they weren't as happy as they needed to be in marriage they were free to divorce. Maybe it was because Yunho felt he didn't have another choice, best to make the best out of an unavoidable situation. But Yunho couldn't deny the quick thumping in his chest as Jaejoong got closer.

The smaller man's eyes twinkled as he neared the front of the church. His smile grew in size and his hands, occupied with a fairly large bouquet of flowers, shook with anxiety and excitement.

Finally the music stopped when Jaejoong made it to Yunho. Yoochun lifted his fingers away from the piano keys and watched the two men in front of the crowd.

Yunho could feel an explosion of joy tickle his insides as Jaejoong stood before him. He almost giggled like a girl watching Jaejoong peek over the bouquet in his hands, blushing fiercely and batting his long eyelashes.

"Dearly beloved. We are gathered here today.." The priest began to say, but Yunho could hardly pay attention, instead staring with unwavering eyes at the beauty in front of him. Yunho winked when he caught Jaejoong's shy eyes, making the mans already pink cheeks flush red.

"Do you, Yunho, take thee, Jaejoong, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death you depart, according to God's holy ordinance?"

"I do." Yunho answered and smiled as bright as his face would allow him to.

"Do you, Jaejoong, take thee, Yunho, to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for rich or for poor, for fairer or fouler, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death you depart, according to God's holy ordinance?"

Jaejoong smiled shyly. "I do." He said, his voice low.

The two took their turns placing their rings on each others awaiting fingers, both grinning like mad men the whole while.

"I now pronounce you Jung Yunho and Jung Jaejoong. You may kiss."

Yunho's hand came up first, sneaking behind Jaejoong's neck to pull him closer. His pressed his lips eagerly, happily against Jaejoong's. Their first kiss as a married couple was deep, but soft and caring. Full of so many unspoken words and emotions.

Yunho pulled away, only after he was sure Jaejoong couldn't breath anymore. His heart beat fast, his lips were pink. And Yunho was happy. He was so happy.

~

Junsu plopped himself into a hard wooden chair next to an empty table. He scowled at a fairly large remainder of forgotten cake crumbs that had been carelessly left on the table. "Stupid wedding. I hate weddings." 

That was a lie. Junsu didn't have anything against weddings. He actually liked them, well as much as anybody else did. He just felt so left out, so uncared for at this one. Like the crumbs left on the table after all the rest of the cake had been eaten and enjoyed. Junsu knew Yunho wouldn't forget about him now that he was married. He couldn't, could he?

The small man sighed, his face falling into his hands, propped up by his elbows on the table. "Why does life so much?"

"Because you make it that way." A voice he could only regretfully notice as Yoochun's whispered beside him. "You know," Yoochun said, inviting himself to sit next to Junsu in another identical wooden chair. "Sometimes you confuse me so much. I can hardly ever understand what you're feeling."

"Whatever," Junsu mumbled, he voice muffled from behind his hands. "Go away."

Yoochun smiled. "I'll only go away if you tell me what's wrong."

"Alright ladies and gentlemen. Let's settle down some so our lovely newly-weds can have their first dance."

Junsu propped up straight in his chair, his eyes finding Yunho and Jaejoong making their way to the center of the floor together, hand in hand. Junsu could of vomited. He scowled at Yunho.

Yoochun raised his eyebrows at Junsu's reaction. "What's wrong, Su?" He asked and put his hand on Junsu's shoulder.

Junsu shrugged the hand away, his scowl darkening in Yunho's direction as the couple neared each other. He grasped the cloth of his pants in a bunch, squeezing as hard as he could with immense fury.

Yoochun wasn't slow, he could tell what was happening. He could almost feel the dark jealousy radiating off of Junsu. "Su-" He started to say, but stopped when he saw the small man's jaw tighten. His eyes left the furious man and he watched Jaejoong and Yunho in the middle of the floor. The two were close, very close,  looking into each others eyes as they danced.

Yoochun frowned. "Junsu, You like Yunho." It wasn't a question. He had finally figured out the reason for so much of Junsu's behavior in the past years. It explained so much.

Junsu turned around his scowl redirected to Yoochun. It was truly scary and Yoochun's face must have told of his fear, for Junsu's eyes suddenly became amused. "I do not like Yunho." Junsu hissed, the hardness quickly returning to his jaw-line.

Yoochun nodded and smiled at Junsu, though still nervous under Junsu glare. "Of course, Su."

Junsu grumbled something incoherent under his breath and looked down, neither watching Yunho and Jaejoong, nor Yoochun anymore. "You can't tell anyone, Chunnie. Promise me you won't. Especially not Yunho."

"W-what?" Yoochun stuttered. He hadn't expected Junsu to give up his stubborn defiance so easily. "I mean, I won't tell anyone. Ever."

"Good." Junsu said, his voice still hard and uneasy. "If you do, I'll kill you."