When everythings wrong - Part 22

When everythings wrong - Prologue

Jaejoong quickly looked over his shoulder at his office door for the nth time, anxious, frightened Mr. Jung would burst in with a task for him to do. He didn't know what kind of expression would play on his features if he were to see the older man and he certainly didn't want to find out.

Jaejoong's fingers latched onto the handle of his briefcase. He needed to go home, he needed to tell Yunho what he'd heard. Keeping anything from his husband was always the farthest thing from his mind, and telling Yunho about something as serious as what he'd discovered was the only right thing to do. As hard as it would be to actually say it, he couldn't lie. Jaejoong just hadn't thought of a way to get the words out yet. Determined above all else, the young man stood from his leather office chair, but his nerves were still dancing under his skin. What if I run into Mr. Jung in the hallway?

He would give him a lame excuse, he had suddenly come down with the flu, and hope to God his face didn't give him away. Jaejoong's hands shook as he left his office, his steps quick as he headed toward the elevator.

Relief rushed over him when the doors slid closed with a ding. Jaejoong pressed the lobby button and then let his head fall back against the wall. How am I going to tell Yunho?

~

"Jaejoongie?" Yunho whispered as the raven haired man came around the corner. He cocked his head to the side, a few short strand of chestnut hair falling into his eyes. He grinned. "You're home?"

"I'm home." Jaejoong half smiled, trying to take it slowly to a much more negative topic of discussion. He let his briefcase fall to the floor, a flash reminder of work and what had happened there, and almost too quickly any trace of a smile vanished from his face.

A low chuckle came from the taller of the two as he neared Jaejoong and wrapped his arms around him. He didn't seem to notice Jaejoong's sour expression as he whispered into the smaller mans hair. "Why are you home so early?" He pulled away, watching Jaejoong with happy curiosity. Jaejoong felt a knife in his heart, he was going to take that happy smile away? "Did something happen at work, baby?"

Jaejoong's lips parted to speak, but he hadn't come up with any sort of way to boot up the horrible conversation. Yunho could tell that something was wrong already, probably from the look on his face. He sighed heavily. Jaejoong gaze lifted, falling onto Yunho's mouth, a small frown playing on the taller mans lips. He looked up, Yunho's chocolate brown eyes waiting for an answer, eyebrows furrowed with worry.

Telling Yunho was the right thing to do, how could he not? How could he keep something so awful from him? But Jaejoong couldn't stop the lie from passing his lips. It came out on his own and he regretted it the moment it did. It was the first time he ever told the man a lie. It was the first time he felt so sick to his stomach.

How could he tell Yunho his father was the one that killed his mother when he wasn't even completely sure about it, the man tried hard to reason with himself. A large part of his screamed from within to just tell Yunho what he'd heard, but the words were stuck in his throat like bile. He didn't want to taste them on his tongue. Jaejoong could just imagine the hurt look in Yunho's eyes as he took in the news, it would kill Yunho to hear that his only parent left would have had anything to do with the murder of his mother.

"Nothing happened." The lie still left a bitter taste in his mouth, but Jaejoong was surprised at himself for sounding so convincing, Yunho didn't even blink an eye in disbelief. He soon realized, though, what he'd just done. He lied so blantantly and with such ease, the small smile that had been working his lips fell for a second time, fortunately unnoticed by the taller man. "Ju-just felt like coming home is all. I missed you."

Yunho pulled away, suddenly chirping with happiness and uttering small I-told-you-sos'. He chuckled at Jaejoong's fake pout and reached a hand up to press his fingers gently against the raven haired boys lips. "Don't pout, Boo. Let's go out, I want to take you to dinner."

"Like a date?" Jaejoong smiled, leaning forward into his husband for another hug. His heart was pounding in his chest and his eyes were started to water. He squeezed them shut and pressed himself into Yunho's warm chest. The taller man willingly obliged, wrapping his arms securely around Jaejoong's shoulders. Jaejoong wound his arms around Yunho's waist and nuzzled his face into the warmth of Yunho's neck.

"Mmm," Yunho weakly responded. He let his head fall on top of Jaejoong's, a satisfied grin pulling at the corners of his mouth. "A date it will be, my Jaejoongie."

Jaejoong hummed and moved to press a kiss against the nape of Yunho's neck. He mouthed a slow and guilty, "I'm sorry" against the skin, the man still chuckling beneath him.

~

Jaejoong's eyes widened when Yunho finally stopped the car in front of a large building. It's neon lights shone through the car windows, almost mocking him it seemed. The raven haired man shook his head in disagreement, taking hold of Yunho's arm before the man had the chance to open his door.

"No, Yunho. Let's go somewhere else. I don't.. I don't like it here."

Yunho cocked an eyebrow, analyzing his husbands face for any hint of a joke. "You don't like bowling?"

Jaejoong swallowed and shook his head again. "No, come on let's leave."

"But it's fun. Why do we have to go?" Yunho let his hand fall back on the steering wheel, much to Jaejoong's relief. He was about to start the car again, afraid that bowling had played some kind of traumatizing part in Jaejoong's past and that he was an idiot for bring him to a bowling alley.

Jaejoong sighed. "I'm just no good at it."

Yunho pulled the key out of the ignition. He watched Jaejoong with sudden amusement and then chuckled. "That's why you want to leave, because you aren't good at bowling?"

Jaejoong nodded.

A grin lifted Yunho's lips and he playfully rolled his eyes. "Joongie, haven't you ever heard that practice makes perfect? You won't ever get any better at bowling if you just stop playing altogether." He didn't wait for an answer as he opened his door to leave the car, ignoring Jaejoong's protests from the passenger seat. Yunho shut his own door and went around the front of the car to get to Jaejoong's. If the man wouldn't come willingly, he would force him inside.

Jaejoong frowned when Yunho reached his window. He watched in fear as Yunho's hand reached for the handle to open his door. Jaejoong knew what Yunho was going to do and he panicked, quickly pressing down the all door lock button so Yunho couldn't get to him. A small smirk colored his own lips when he saw Yunho's wide eyes when he couldn't get the door open.

"Jae," Yunho called, muffled by the window that separated them. "Open this door!"

Jaejoong stubbornly shook his head. "No! You're going to make me bowl!"

Yunho huffed and beat on the window lightly. "Come on, baby. Open the door. It'll be fun."

The smaller man crossed his arms. "Nope."

Aggravated, Yunho heaved a sigh and pressed his palms against the window, uncaring of the hand prints he knew would be left there. He bent down and stared at Jaejoong through the space between his hands, pleading the older man with a pout and big eyes. "Please, Jae. Open the door. I'll teach you how to bowl! Just please, I brought you here to have a good time."

Jaejoong flinched. His heart had grown a soft spot for Yunho's pout. How could he deny it? But Jaejoong shook his head. "Yunnie, I don't want to. It's.. It's really hard."

Yunho could hear the obvious blow to Jaejoong's argument as the pretty man spoke. He let a tiny smirk settle in his expression for just a fragment of a second. His lips jutted out once more into a pout that he knew was probably his most needed weapon to win this fight. Jaejoong's eyebrows were already furrowing with defeat.

"Jaejoongie~" Yunho cooed. "I will take you through all the steps. I promise, I'll be right there behind you to catch you if you fall!"

~

And fall Jaejoong did, more times then Yunho could keep his promise for. The older man stumbled back over to Yunho, a frown on his face and his right hand holding his rear. "I told you I couldn't do it, Yunnie. Why did you drag me in here?" The shorter mans cheeks were bright red with embarrassment. Everybody was watching him.

Yunho smiled softly, standing to embrace him. "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't think it would be this bad." He stifled his laughter as best he could, biting his lip to keep it in. "But you can't give up. We're not leaving until you get at least one pin down."

Jaejoong groaned. "I can't, Yun. I just can't bowl!"

Yunho pulled away, shaking his head. "No, you can't, but we're not leaving until you can." He placed his hands on Jaejoong's hips and turned him around to face the bowling lane again. "Now let's go get your ball."

Jaejoong reluctantly picked his ball up when they reached it and stuck his fingers through it's holes, correctly to Yunho's delightful observation. Yunho smiled briefly and covered his husbands smaller hands with his own from behind. They walked to the lane and stood in front of it.

"Now, just let me do all the work this time. Relax, okay Jae?"

Jaejoong nodded, leaning back into Yunho's hold.

"Just release when I tell you to, babe." Yunho whispered into his ear, sending shivers up Jaejoong's spine. He breathed calmly, nodded again.

"Okay." Yunho's hands pulled back, guiding Jaejoong's to follow. He threw the ball forward again, speaking Jaejoong's Que to release.

They both watched the ball fly down the bowling lane, Yunho's arms secure around Jaejoong's waist, a smug smile on his lips. He knew where the ball was going, and just as expected it roared down the middle of the lane, curving just slightly, but still managing to hit most of the pins, much to Jaejoong's astonishment.

A soft gasp of wonder tumbled over Jaejoong's cherry red lips. The knocked over pins were swept from the end of the lane, only a couple left to be placed back down. Jaejoong watched with wide eyes.

"Haha, Joongie, you did it!" A whispered cheer sounded close to his ear. Yunho kissed his temple and pulled Jaejoong back a little closer into him. "You're a winner."

Jaejoong's mouth broke into a wide grin, his eyes crinkling at the corners. He pulled away from Yunho only to turn around and wrap his arms around the taller mans neck. "Yunho, I did it! I can bowl!"

Yunho laughed, cheerfully. "I'm so proud of you, baby!"