LOVE STORY

THE KEY OF MY HEART
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

NICHKHUN breathed heavily after ran all the way to the 11th floor using the stairs, chest moved up and down as he walked into Victoria's ward room. The day was gloomy because rain fell heavily at outside and right now, in the surgery room, his angel was struggling to survive. He stood in front of the table beside the hospital bed, took the deep breath before his trembling hand pulled the drawer where Victoria claimed she left his present inside it. The small box wrapped nicely with beautiful wrapping paper greeted his sight as soon he pulled the drawer, wondering what was actually inside it. He took it out and made the way to bed, sat on the bedside as his hand touched the matress, could feel that she was still there. They used to sleep together on this small bed, hugging each other and made his lip cracked a smile when he recalled about that.

     The box in his hand, he tore the wrapping paper slowly with broken heart, wishing this moment wouldn't happen in his life. What did she leave for him? Nichkhun raised his eyebrow saw the red camera when he opened the box, the camera that belonged to her. Why she gave him this camera? He took it out and pressed the power button, made the blank screen of digital camera became bright. When the menu displayed on the screen, he chose image folder and his picture wore pink apron when he cooked spaghetti for her last time appeared, made him chuckled watched how funny he was in that outfit. That was the first picture she took after they became a couple and he pressed next button, wanted to look more pictures she took while he cooked.

      “Today is very meaningful day to me. My boyfriend, Nichkhun, cook the spaghetti for me for the first time,”

      “Qian, you will totally fall in love with my spaghetti. Just wait and see,”  Nichkhun smiled watched that video and tears dropped when he pressed next button, looked at the picture of him kissed her cheek in the kitchen displayed on the screen. He intentionally kissed her on that time and she hit his chest as the punishment. He smiled again watched his video played the piano in the orphanage, the song that he specially played for her. When their pictures wore Ultraman mask appeared, he remembered the great time they had on that day, joking around and kissed liked tomorrow would never come. Tears continued wetting his cheek, chest started to feel heavy and difficult to breath, felt extremely pain inside him.

     He stopped pressing button when saw their picture kissing in the rain. At that time, he felt he was the happiest person in the world and didn't know that his angel actually was in great pain that she bore alone. He cried as he continued pressed the button, brought himself to the past by recalling the memories they had shared together. He cried and laughed at the same time, watched the picture with mixed feeling until the last picture they took together, the picture on the day they revealed their relationship to the public.

     “Hi, Khun,” Nichkhun surprised when there was a video of Victoria after that, wondering when did she record this. She sat on the sofa and looked at the camera with bright smile. He wiped the tears that disturbed his vision, wanted to see her face clearly.

     “You must be surprised and wondering when I recorded this video, right? I recorded this after listened to your programme. You have done a lot for me and thanks for the song that you made for me. I do really feel touch, thanks my Babo Khun,” he chuckled when she called him that way, wanted her to call him again with that nickname.

     “I also have confession to make to you,” Nichkhun nodded his head and saw her face turned serious, knew that she was trying to hold the tears.

     “You know what, before I met you, I never knew how wonderful and great love is. Although I used to be with Donghae, I never love him because I froze my heart,” she paused her words, dropping her face when warm tears started brimmed in her eyes.

     “I know, you stupid Qian,” he said in trembling voice.

     “But after I met you, I dare to open my heart and I feel in heaven because of your love. I'm so happy until I forget that I actually don't deserve to be loved by someone like you cause I can't give what you want in return,” Nichkhun sobbed when she said that, shook his head at her words.

     “Don't say like that, you deserve to get my love,” he cried along with her.

     “Anyway, thanks for colouring my left over life. I'm sorry I may go first before you. I'm sorry because I may can't love you for longer time,” Victoria couldn't hold her sadness and sobbing in front of camera. Nichkhun felt his heart ached saw her tears and if he was there, he wouldn't let her cried and wiped her tears. His finger brushed her cheek on the screen, seemed he was wiping her tears right now.

     “By the time you watch this video, I may no longer live in this world. After I go, don't afraid to fall in love again. I'm sorry for hurting you before this but I want you know that I always feel happy with you. Your love is the key of my heart, it is the only key in the world that compatible with the lock in my heart, no one can open it except you,” Nichkhun cried over her words.

     “ The last gift that I want to give you are the memories we have shared together,” so that was her real intention for leaving this camera to him because only their memories would be the best gift for him. Victoria tried to smile, wanted him to remember her happy face.

     “Khun, I love you. I love you so much,” she wiped the tears and gave flying kiss for the last time. As soon she did so, the screen became blank and made him panic when her face suddenly disappeared. He pressed power button many times but it didn't work, the camera had ran out its battery. He couldn't get enough at her confession and wanted to listen again, lost hope at last when the camera still not working. The rain still fell heavily outside the building, wetting the earth non-stop liked his tears that didn't stop rolled down on his wet cheek.

     “Me too, Qian. I also love you,” he said in whisper and his sobbing became worse thought about Victoria's condition in surgery room. She was going to live, she would safe. Nichkhun kept telling himself those sentences, brought the camera closed to his chest as he lay down weakly on the hospital bed. Victoria seemed to be at his side right now because he could smell her scent on the matress and suddenly he saw she appeared lying beside him, looked at his face with tearful eyes.

     “Don't leave me Qian,” Victoria cried as she shifted her body into his embrace, hugged his body tightly and it felt so real. He could feel her touch and wrapped his arms around her body but he actually was hugging the pillow beside him.

     “I love you,” in the dark r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter