Three

LOVE?

‘It’s morning already?’ I stretched my body a little bit before sighing as I remembered my thoughts from last night. I sighed again before getting up. ‘You can do this!’ I cheered up myself before slipping in the bathroom to take a peaceful shower. After I got out from the bathroom, I dressed myself with my casual clothes. After preparing myself I got out of my room and head downstairs. “Morning.” I greeted my mom and got her attention from cooking; she turned her head to greet me back. “Morning to you too. You’re up early.” “Hmm.” I hummed in response. “You could take your seat first; breakfast will be ready in a minute.” She told me as she finished preparing our breakfast.

We ate in silence and my mom decided to break the silence. “After you finished eating your breakfast you should go around our neighborhood.” She told me, “I don’t feel going out today.” I answered back. “You should go out so that you can make friends with others.” She told me, more like a command. “But-““No buts my dear.” She cut me off and stares at me with a don’t-you-dare look. “Fine.” I sighed. “Good! Finish your food so that you can head out already.” She told me as I finish my food.

After finishing my breakfast, my mom shooed me and pushed me outside our house. “Mom!” I groaned as I heard the door shut. “What? I’m just making sure that you’ll follow me!” I heard her answer back behind the door. “By the way you can only go home if you can bring your new friend here! Go now so that you’ll be home early!” She added. I sighed knowing that I can’t do anything especially in dealing with my mom. ‘She maybe looks nice but she’s a total devil!’ I ruffled my hair from frustration as I started to ‘roam around the neighborhood’ as what my mom said earlier.

As I walked down the streets I looked back at our house. “How can her!” I yelled in anger. Nevertheless I continued walking and look for a ‘new friend’. “Friend, yeah right?” I told myself in a sarcastic tone. ‘I don’t need a friend.’ ‘She knows that I’m not really friendly neither outgoing so, how could she made me do thing I don’t want!’ I continued whining to myself. I continued to tour around until I saw a pathway with many beautiful flowers beside it. I go near it and plucked one flower out. My anger was dissolved and I forgot about my mom for a while when smelled the flower. I got curious about the pathway and tried to walk unto it towards the end.

I walked through the pathway bringing me to a hill full of beautiful flowers surrounding it. I forgot all my problems and smiled. ‘This place makes me happy.’ I felt so lightheaded and so happy when I arrived at this place. ‘It’s been a while since I felt like this.’ I continued my journey until I reached the top of the hill. When I reached the top, my smile faded away as I saw a big tree with a swing tied to it, but the reason why my smile faded was the girl who was sitting at the swing. She was crying. I feel a little bit sad as I hear her crying. ‘I wonder why she is crying.’ I got curious again. I want to comfort her but I hesitated a bit.

I sighed and walked towards the girl with a little bit of hesitation. ‘Maybe making friends won’t hurt, right?’ I told myself as I remembered what my mom told me. ‘Maybe.’ I approached right in front of her but it seems that she didn’t even notice me. When I got near her I looked at her closely and she looked like she’s around my age. I reached for my pocket and grabbed my handkerchief and stretched my arms towards her and handling my handkerchief near her face but she didn’t noticed it since her hands are covering her face so, I decided to speak. “Here.” I said as I try handling the handkerchief to her. She removed her hands from her face and stared at the thing from my hand. “You can use it.” I speak up once again; she removed her eyes from my hand and looked upwards to me. I stared at her eyes and felt my heart beats, I felt a little bit weird. I looked away and speak again. “U-um, you should stop crying and wipe off your tears.” I told her, offering my handkerchief that I was holding. I felt her taking the handkerchief so I looked at her as she wiped off her tears. “Thank y-you.” She thanked me as she looked at me. Her voice, I felt my heart beats by just hearing her voice even if it’s a little bit hoarse. I shrugged off the feeling and stared at her face, eyes swollen from the crying. “Y-you’re welcome.” I answered and I felt my cheeks redden. ‘Did I just stutter?!’ I scold myself.

We both fell in silence and stared at each other but it feels a little bit awkward. “U-um, what’s your name?” I asked suddenly, trying to shrug off the awkwardness between us. “I’m Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon.” She answered. ‘Taeyeon, what a beautiful name.’ “I’m Tiffany, Stephanie Hwang.” I told her my name and raised my hand she grabbed my hand and we shake our hands. “Let’s be friends.” She told me and my heart started beating again. ‘Friends.’ “Sure. Friends?” I told her and smiled at her. “Yeah. Friends.” She answered back and smiled back at me. My heart goes crazy when I saw her beautiful smile. “You know, you’re beautiful when you smile. You should smile often.” I mumbled. I heard her giggled at my statement and answered, “Maybe, I should.” She smiled and I smiled back at her.

‘Going out and making friends was not that bad after all.’ 


A/N 4th chap is up! I would like to thank all those who subscribed my story. Thank you!