Twenty One

LOVE?

"Hey." Taeyeon looked up to see who greeted and entered her room. "How do you feel?" It was Sooyoung. "Nothing better." Taeyeon chuckled. "Have you decided?" Sooyoung asked. "Mmm... Will Tiffany be the one to do it once I agreed?" Taeyeon asked. "Yup. I'll be there too don't worry." Taeyeon just nods her head. "So, it's a yes? I guess?" "Where is she? Tiffany, I mean." It's been two days since the confession happened and Tiffany didn't visit her ever since that day. "She's worried you know." Sooyoung told her as she held Taeyeon's hand. "I know." Taeyeon looked away. "Hey Soo, can I you do me a favor?" "Anything, I'm all ears."

A day after, Taeyeon started going through psychological  testing to identify social and behavioral factors that could interfere with recovery, compliance and medications, and lifestyle changes required after transplantation. After she agreed in having a heart transplant and undergoing psychological testing, Tiffany started showing up again to encourage and she tried her best to avoid what happened before. As for her spouse, Jessica, the girl does visit her for approximately an hour every day. She would be helping Taeyeon in feeding her and in giving her medicines, sometimes leaving a kiss on the other's forehead before leaving, nothing more, and nothing less. Jessica would always say sorry for not being with her since she's "busy" with work but Taeyeon was not stupid and it hurts her.

'This is it.' Taeyeon thought as she was being brought at the surgery room. "You okay?" Tiffany asked her. "Yeah... Just nervous, I guess." "Just relax. I'm here; I won't leave your side no matter what." Tiffany assured her. "Promise?" Taeyeon asked raising her pinky. "What are we five? I promise." Tiffany chuckled before locking her pinky with the other and Sooyoung could only smile looking at the two. "Let's put her to sleep so we could start." Sooyoung stated. After Taeyeon fell asleep, everyone started to work. Outside the operating room awaits Taeyeon's grandfather praying that everything would be okay. Minutes, Hours passed when Grandpa Kim sighed in relief. "It was a success."

 

 Slowly, her eyes opened. Blinking once, twice until she got used to light. "You're awake. Are you alright? Do you need something? I'm so happy you're awake now." She heard her spouse speaking like she's concern. "Would you really be happy to see me awake?" Taeyeon mumbled. "Pardon?" "Nothing." "I'll call the doctor." Jessica added as she head out.

"How are you?" Tiffany asked as she checks on Taeyeon up. "Fine. Thank you." "For what?" Tiffany looked confusedly. "For saving me." Taeyeon smiled. "You were right." She added. "About what?" "Feelings don't fade just because I changed my heart." "Tae-" "I'm still in pain. Could I get a brain transplant next to forget?" Taeyeon asked and Tiffany frowned at it. "Stupid. No one has ever tried brain transplant. Even if someone can, I won't let you. I don't want you to forget about me." Taeyeon only chuckled.

 

"So where's my love?" "She already left saying that she got a meeting to attend." Tiffany replied. "Meeting? With a client or with her lover?" "Tae-" "I'm fine, don't worry." "Why can't I believe that?" Tiffany sighed. "Trust me."

 

There was a pause before Taeyeon spoke again. "Hey Tiff?" She called. "Mm?" Tiffany took a chair and sat at it beside the bed. "Say, if I got divorced, will you go after me?" Taeyeon asked. "What are you saying?" "Will you make me yours if I become single again? Will you make me forget everything about her? Will you help me take this pain away?" Taeyeon asked looking straight at the other's eyes. "If you'll let me, can I?" Tiffany asked back. "Grab the opportunity before it's gone." Taeyeon replied. "Don't you think it's better to talk to her first?" "Action speaks louder than words." "Think about it first, okay? ‘Cause I won't let you go once you’re at my possession." Tiffany chuckled. “What am I? A toy?” Taeyeon scoffed. “Nah, a plush doll could be, because you’re squishy.” Tiffany replied as she begun to pinch Taeyeon’s cheeks. “Stop! It hurts.” Taeyeon whined as she tried to remove Tiffany’s hand.

 

"Rest. You'll need it." "You'll stay beside me, right?" Taeyeon asked. "I have patients to check on." "But you promised. ~" Taeyeon whined. "I know that's why I brought this with me." Tiffany took a picture of herself from her pocket. "This will be a substitute." "The real one is better." "I'll be here anytime, I'm your doctor after all" Taeyeon just agreed to it and Tiffany left the room after she made sure that the other's asleep.

After the surgery, Taeyeon stayed at the hospital for a month to ensure her condition with the help of her friends, Sooyoung and Tiffany. Her grandfather would always pay her visit after work. Meanwhile Jessica visits her rarely. In a span of one month, Taeyeon made decisions by herself. After that one month she was finally allowed to go home.

 

"Are you sure that you don't want me to accompany you home?" Tiffany asked worriedly since something might happen to the other. "I'm fine, okay? I'm already old." Taeyeon reassured her. "Okay. Call me when you get home. Make sure to follow everything I've told you." "I know. Don't do big work, don't carry heavy things, don't stress myself, don't do anything that will tire me out, take my medicines, blah blah blah." Taeyeon recited. "I've been told so many times." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "It's for your own good." "I know. I'll be going." Taeyeon smiled at her friend before getting inside the taxi.

Home. She should be at home but here she is, sitting inside the cafe. "Here. Are you sure about this?" "Mmm. Thank you for your and Sooyoung's help Sunny-ah." Taeyeon thanked as she reached for the envelope. "It's nothing. I was shocked when she told me everything." Sunny replied.

 

Flashback

 

"Hey Soo, can I you do me a favor?" "Anything, I'm all ears." Sooyoung was more than willing to help her friend. "Can, can you ask Sunny to file a divorce for me?" Taeyeon asked pleadingly. "Divorce? Isn't it too early?" Sooyoung asked. "Shouldn't you talk with Jessica her first?" She added. "Please Sooyoungie. ~" Taeyeon pleaded. "Fine. I'll tell her." Sooyoung sighed. "Thank you."

 

"You'll help me right?" Taeyeon asked. "Of course. I already did, right?" "Yeah. You'll be my lawyer too, right?" "Anything. I'm willing to even without payment." Sunny replied.  "No, I'll pay you." Taeyeon insist. "No need. You're our friend. And I will not accept any payments from you." Sunny stated. "Thank you so much." Taeyeon smiled apologetically. "So, what made you decide for this?" Sunny asked. Taeyeon looked at her sadly, sighing before replying.

 

"I think it's better to leave earlier than to be left later on."


A/N: Update! Any Comments / Reactions?