Twenty Five

LOVE?

"Good Morning. ~" Taeyeon mumbled groggily as she clings at the other's arm. "Good Morning to you too." Tiffany chuckled as she ruffles Taeyeon's bed hair. It was seven in the morning when Taeyeon woke up while Tiffany's making some breakfast for the two of them. "Sit, breakfast is ready." Tiffany instructed as she placed some pancakes on Taeyeon's plate. They ate in silence; they didn't bother wasting their time to talk since they have to fill in their empty stomachs for now.

 

After breakfast, the two head to their rooms to fix and bath their selves. They settled down in the living room after. "What are we going to do today?" Tiffany asked brushing off Taeyeon's bangs away from her eyes. "Hmm? You don't have work today?" "Nope. I was given two day rest." "Good then." Taeyeon smiled. "I texted grandpa last night, we’re going to meet up at eight quarter. Remember your promise?" "Yeah yeah. You don't have to tell me over and over again." Tiffany pinched the other's cheeks.

 

"Let's head out then." Tiffany stood up stretching her limbs. "I hope everything will go smoothly." Taeyeon sighed. "He'll understand you. He's your grandfather after all." "Hope so." Taeyeon frowned. "Cheer up, okay? You look ugly when you frown." "You still love me." Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "I do so get up." The two grabbed their things before heading out of the house.

As usual, Taeyeon asked her grandfather to meet her at her friend's cafe since it's more comfortable and familiar to her after all. Taeyeon's grandfather was already sitting inside the cafe when the two arrived. "Grandpa." Taeyeon kissed his cheeks as for Tiffany; she bowed down as a sign of respect. "Good Morning sir." Tiffany greeted. "Take a seat." Grandpa Kim instructed. "So what do you want to talk about?" He started. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany nervously but the later just held her hand for support. "It's about Jessica and me." Taeyeon replied.

 

"Hmm?" Grandpa Kim hummed in response. He looks so serious and that's what Taeyeon's afraid for. "W-we're already divorced." Taeyeon mumbled softly but enough for her grandpa to hear. Tiffany felt so awkward to be involved in this talk since she doesn’t know what to do except to be quiet.  "I know." Grandpa Kim stated smiling at her granddaughter. "H-how did you know?" Taeyeon gasped. "Jessica talked to me before she signed the papers. I was just waiting for you to talk to me." Grandpa Kim chuckled at his granddaughter's reaction.

 

"Jessica?" "Hmm. She went to me to apologize, she also asked me to take care of you but I guess I didn't need to." He stated looking at Tiffany's direction. Tiffany bowed her head, blush creeping at her cheeks.

 

Flashback

 

"Good Afternoon sir." The young lady greeted bowing down. "Take a seat. What could I do for you, my dear?" Grandpa Kim asked the lady in front of him. Jessica took a deep breath before replying. "Taeyeon asked for a divorce." She started. "Divorce?" Grandpa Kim asked confusedly. "It was my fault. I'm so sorry sir." Jessica stood up, head bowed down asking for forgiveness. "I see. Have you signed it?" "Not yet sir." "Can I know what have you done?" Grandpa Kim asked calmly. "I-I cheated on her. I'm really sorry." Jessica apologized one more time.

 

 "Hey, sorry won't do anything. If you love either my granddaughter or the other person, it's better for you to decide. You'll have to leave one out." Grandpa Kim stated. "C-can you please take care of Taeyeon?" Jessica asked eyes were wavering. "I've been taking care of her since she was little, no worries." Grandpa Kim chuckled. "You're kind and nice. It's just that you let the wrong person trust you." Grandpa Kim stood up. "Don't regret things you have already done." Grandpa Kim smiled patting the girl's shoulder before taking his leave.

"I'm entrusting my granddaughter to you, Tiffany." Tiffany composed herself and smiled at the elder. "If you'll let me sir, I'll take care of her." Tiffany stated, eyes directing at Taeyeon who's smiling at her. "It's settled then. This old man will be putting his granddaughter in your care." Grandpa Kim chuckled. "Thank you grandpa." Taeyeon smiled, tearing up. "No need to cry my dear." He caressed Taeyeon's cheeks. "You have to understand everything for the person you love." Tiffany could smile at the Kim's lovely interaction.

 

"Let's have some lunch or dinner some other time." Grandpa Kim stated as he stood beside the car. "Of course, we'll be happy to do so." Taeyeon smiled before hugging and kissing his grandpa on his cheeks. "By the way. I'll be waiting for the wedding invitation." Grandpa Kim teased the two. "Soon, sir." Tiffany goes with the flow. "I'll be going then." The three bid their goodbyes before sending the elderly off.

"Your grandfather is really nice." Tiffany stated. The two were now strolling along the park hand in hand. "Hmm. He is." Taeyeon chuckled. "Grandpa's waiting for a wedding invitation. When are you going to propose to me?" Taeyeon asked out of the blue. "Who told you that I wanted to marry you?" Tiffany teased. "Yah!" Taeyeon slapped her, lips forming into a pout. "Aigoo. ~ Our princess can't wait, huh?" Tiffany teased, pinching the other's cheeks. "That's why you should hurry up before others come and get me. I have many suitors, just so you know." "Yeah right." Tiffany just rolled her eyes.

 

"You'll see-" Taeyeon didn't finish what she was saying since the other pulled her into a kiss shutting her up. "You talk too much." Tiffany chuckled and Taeyeon's cheeks were turning into red by now. "I do not." "Speak for yourself." Tiffany scoffed before placing another kiss on the other's lips. "Let's go. I'm getting hungry." Tiffany held the other's hand, intertwining their fingers together as she led the way. Taeyeon's heart started to beats fast, just like the time when they first met; cheeks were brightly red from the other’s action. 'Could it be? Was I in love with her even before?' Taeyeon asked herself, feeling her heart beats.

 

Taeyeon calmed herself down before starting to speak again. “I meant it, when I say that I have many suitors.” “Yeah right.” Tiffany rolled her eyes for the nth time. “I’m seri-““Fine.” Tiffany stopped her track, turning to look at Taeyeon. “Will you marry me?” Tiffany asked and that question caught Taeyeon off guard. “W-what?” “Will you marry me if I asked you to?” Tiffany clarified. Taeyeon kept mum for a while when she thought of something. ‘Payback.’ “Propose to me first and you’ll know.” Taeyeon smiled teasingly before removing her hand from Tiffany’s hold and taking her leave. Tiffany chuckled and smirked at the retreating figure of Taeyeon ahead. “Challenging. Just how I like it.” Tiffany whispered to herself. “Wait for me!” Tiffany called as she catches up with the other girl.


A/N: Update! Tae's grandpa knows. Comments / Reactions?