Five

LOVE?

After a few minutes of walking and chatting together, the seemed to be pretty close now. They are both found of each other’s presence and they both like each other’s company. After a few more steps, “We’re here.” Tiffany stated as she pointed her house. “Wow. Your house is pretty.” Taeyeon commented. Once they have reached the front door, Tiffany pressed the doorbell and waited for her mom to open the door for them. “Who’s there?” Tiffany heard her mom shouted from inside. “It’s me, mom!” Tiffany answered. After a couple of seconds they heard the door open. “Oh! You’re already back?” Tiffany’s mom asked, and then she spotted a girl standing behind her daughter. “My, who’s this pretty girl here?” She asked again as she come near at Taeyeon. “Hello ma’am. I’m Taeyeon.” Taeyeon bows formally as she introduces herself. “She’s my new friend.” Tiffany added. “Friend?” Tiffany’s mom asked her with confusion. “Yeah. Friend.” Tiffany answered as she rolled her eyes. “Am I hearing things right?” Tiffany’s mom asked herself. “Is it true?” Tiffany’s mom asked Taeyeon to reassure herself. Taeyeon giggled at her friend’s mom reaction before answering. “It’s true ma’am.” Taeyeon confirmed. “You even told me earlier; ‘You can only go home if you can bring your new friend here.’” Tiffany mimicked her mom’s line and voice from before. “I’m glad that you’ve found a friend. Come on in.” Tiffany’s mom stated happily and dragged Taeyeon inside their house. Tiffany sighed before following the two. “Sweetie, why don’t you and your new friend here head to your room first while I cook the dinner?” Tiffany’s mom told them as she entered the kitchen. “Okay.” Tiffany replied. “By the way. Taeyeon, right?” Tiffany’s mom asked Taeyeon. “Yes ma’am.” Taeyeon replied with a slight smile. “Drop the ma’am dear. Just call me auntie or mom if you want.” Tiffany’s mom told her. “Okay auntie.” Taeyeon smiled at the older one. “Do you have anything you want to eat particularly?” Tiffany’s mom asked Taeyeon again. “Anything will do auntie.” Taeyeon answered politely. “Okay. Go now you two.” Tiffany’s mom said as she shooed the two.

Tiffany headed the way and showed her room to Taeyeon. “This is my room.” Tiffany stated as they entered the room pulling Taeyeon inside with her. “Your room is so beautiful.” Taeyeon commented as her eyes roam around the room. “Thanks.” Tiffany thanked her as she plopped down to her bed. Taeyeon on the other hand decided to let herself be comfortable as she sat at the corner of Tiffany’s room. “Your house is better than mine.” Taeyeon mumbled loud enough for Tiffany to hear. “Really?” Tiffany asked. “Really? What?” Taeyeon asked her back. “Our house better than yours.” Tiffany answered. “Yeah. Your house maybe smaller than ours but it feels like home.” Taeyeon answered as she began to feel a little bit sad again. “What do you mean by that?” Tiffany asked. “Well, you have your mom and I can see that she really loves you.” Taeyeon answered. Hearing the other girl’s answer, Tiffany sat up. “It’s alright. I know that your parents love you.” Tiffany told her as she comforts her friend. Taeyeon looked up at the other before asking. “How did you know that they love me? They always left me out.” “You know the work because they want to give you a better future. It means that the still love you and they care for you.” Tiffany told her and smiled at her friend. Taeyeon not knowing what to say just smiled back at the other. Tiffany got up and offered a hand at Taeyeon. “Come.” Tiffany told her. “Where are we going?” Taeyeon asked her looking so confused. “Just come with me.” Tiffany stated as she grabs Taeyeon’s hand and pulled her out of her room and headed downstairs. “Mom, we’ll just be in the backyard.” Tiffany told to her mom. “Okay.” Her mom shouted back from the kitchen. Upon hearing her mom’s answer, Tiffany brought Taeyeon with her and headed out side.

“We’re here.” Tiffany stated upon arriving at their backyard. “What are we doing here?” Taeyeon who is now so confused asked the other girl. “Let’s lay down there.” Tiffany pointed at the wooden platform and settled herself down at the wooden platform. Having no choice, Taeyeon just followed the other girl and settled herself down too. “Why did you bring me here?” Taeyeon asked. “When I was roaming my room yesterday, I saw this wooden platform from my window.” Tiffany answered. “Also I realized that during night time I would see the stars in the sky clearly from here.” She added as she pointed the stars in the night sky. “Do you like the stars?” Taeyeon asked, earning a hum as an answer. “What do you like about it?” Taeyeon asked out of curiosity. Tiffany laughed a little before answering. “Well, it reminded me of my late father.” Tiffany told her. “Why so?” Taeyeon asked again. “Because just like the stars he’s precious to me. And I know that he’s always guiding me and he’s now happy wherever he is right now.” Tiffany answered as she looked at Taeyeon with a sincere smile. “Just like your parents.” She added. Taeyeon didn’t know what to say but she felt happy when she heard those words and smiled back at Tiffany. “Whenever I miss my dad I just look at the stars and I’ll feel so happy. Maybe you should try it sometimes.” Tiffany told her. “Maybe.” Taeyeon mumbled and stared at the sky.

After a few minutes they were called by Tiffany’s mom saying that the dinner is ready. They ate peacefully with a little bit of chitchats and information about each other. They have known that they are both in the same age and Taeyeon is just months older than Tiffany. Also that Tiffany took a test and will be entering the same university with Taeyeon. Taeyeon was taking up architecture and Tiffany was taking up medicine as their courses. They also both learned that they both have passion at music and both of them likes to sing. After the dinner, “It’s getting late, wouldn’t be your parents be worried about you.” Tiffany’s mom asked Taeyeon. “I don’t have my parents anymore.” Taeyeon informed, frowning a little bit. “I’m sorry. I didn’t know.” Tiffany’s mom apologizes. “It’s alright auntie.” Taeyeon smiled slightly at the elder one. “Can I use the bathroom?” Taeyeon asked. “Sure just go to my room and use the bathroom there.” Tiffany told her. While Taeyeon was away, Tiffany told her mom about Taeyeon’s parents for a little of information. After a while, Taeyeon returns and asked if she could stay the night. Knowing about her situation, Tiffany’s mom agreed only if she will call her guardian and tell them where she is which Taeyeon accepted. The two girls headed to Tiffany’s room and bid goodnight to Tiffany’s mom.

At Tiffany’s room, “You could use my clothes for tonight.” Tiffany said as she handled Taeyeon some clothes. “Thanks.” Taeyeon thanked her. After changing, Tiffany handled her phone to Taeyeon for her to call her grandpa.

“Hello, grandpa?”

‘Taeyeon? Where are you? I’m so worried about you.’

“I’m at my friend’s house. I’ll stay here for tonight. No need to worry.”

‘Okay. Just be sure that you’re fine.’

“Thank you grandpa.”

With that Taeyeon ended the call and returned the phone back to Tiffany. “You could sleep at this side of my bed.” Tiffany pointed the left side of her bed. “Okay, thanks.” Taeyeon thanked her. Both of the lie down and after a few minutes they both fell into a deep slumber.


A/N: 6th Chap. is up. Thank you for those who subscribed and upvoted my story. Thanks ^_~