Nineteen

LOVE?

"Mmm.." Taeyeon stirred from her sleep as sunlight hit her skin. She slowly opens her eyes after knowing that her spouse already left their shared bed. 'Where could she be?' She asked herself since it's rare for Jessica to wake up earlier than her so she jumped out of the bed and proceed to the bathroom to wash up before heading down.

 

As Taeyeon got down she smiled at the sight of her spouse preparing breakfast but what caught most of her attention is that the other was in her work clothes. Taeyeon frowned a little bit. 'Today's Sunday. Why?' She got near to Jessica and hugged her from the back. "Good morning." Taeyeon greeted. "Good morning to you too." Jessica replied not even sparing a glance at her spouse.  "Why don't you take a sit? Breakfast is ready." Jessica added and Taeyeon just do so. 

 

"Eat. I have to go." Jessica stated as she fix her clothes. "Work?" Taeyeon asked as she munched her food. "Hmm." 'That explains.' "But why? Today's Sunday." Taeyeon pouted. Jessica sighed before answering. "Sorry, but I have to meet up with my client today." "I see." Taeyeon frowned. "I have to go. I'm going to be late, don't wait for me, okay?" Taeyeon could only nod her head from disappointment.

 

Jessica was about to leave when Taeyeon get hold of her wrist. "Do you need something?" Jessica asked. "Where's my kiss?" Taeyeon asked pouting. Jessica sighed before leaning close to Taeyeon. Taeyeon slightly  expected that Jessica would left a kiss on her cheeks, again. "I'll be going." Jessica stated before leaving.

Taeyeon was so disappointed, and sad. It's just been a week after their first anniversary and yet her spouse has been distant from her. Why? Jessica's been less intimate with Taeyeon. Every time Taeyeon would initiate a skin ship, Jessica wouldn't respond to it. Every time she would try to kiss the other at her lips, Jessica would always turn her head away. Something is completely off. Taeyeon would just think that maybe Jessica's busy from work. Not wanting to be negative or anything.

 

Taeyeon sighed for the nth time before deciding to go at her friend's cafe. 'Maybe a little distraction will do.' She head to the bathroom to have a quick shower and dressed up nicely before leaving their house.

The bell rang as the door opens signaling that another customer has entered. "Welco- oh! Taeyeon-ah!" A tall girl greeted cheerfully as she saw Taeyeon. "Hi Sooyoungie~" Taeyeon greeted back before engulfing her friend into a hug. "What brings you here? It's rare for you to come here especially on Sundays." Sooyoung asked. "Jessica has gone to work today and I have nothing to do so. Here I am." Taeyeon explained. "Ah... Why don't you take a sit for a while? Tiffany's here too, there."Sooyoung pointed where Tiffany's sitting. "Okay." "I'll bring your drink. Iced Caramel Macchiato, right?" "Yup. Thanks." Sooyoung nod her head before going to make the drink. 

 

Taeyeon head to where Tiffany is. She got near quietly and quickly grabbed her friend's shoulders trying to shock her but Tiffany didn't even looked shocked instead she only looked at her confusedly. "What are you doing here?" Tiffany asked. "Why? Am I not allowed to be here?" Taeyeon scoffed as she settled down beside her friend. "It's Sunday." Tiffany added. "Jessica has to leave for work today." Taeyeon replied. "What about you? Don't you have work?" Taeyeon added. "It's my day off during Sunday, in case you forget." Tiffany rolled her eyes. "Oh. Right." It was a natural reaction for Tiffany an Sooyoung to see Taeyeon at the cafe during Sunday since the later would always be spending it with Jessica.

 

"Here's your drink." Sooyoung placed the drink in front of Taeyeon before settling down in front of Tiffany. "So how's life?" Sooyoung asked. "Fine. I guess." Taeyeon answered half-heatedly. "You?" Taeyeon asked. "Excellent." Sooyoung chuckled. "It's been a while that were like this, right." Sooyoung asked. But before Tiffany or Taeyeon could answer they were interrupted by another girl. "It's nice to see you three together." The girl spoke up. “Oh. Hey Sunny." Taeyeon and Tiffany greeted in chorus. "Hello to you two." Sunny chuckled before sitting beside Sooyoung.

 

"You're not with Jessica today?" Sunny asked Taeyeon. "Nope. Work." Taeyeon replied a little bit down. "How 'bout you no plans of dating?" Sunny asked Tiffany this time. "I'm busy." Tiffany mumbled. "Busy my ." Sooyoung scoffed. "What? I have many patients to treat." Tiffany defended herself. "Do I not? I'm a doctor too in case you forgot. And look at me I'm already married and own a little cafe. What could have been better?" Sooyoung sassed, Taeyeon and Sunny could only laugh at the two.

 

"Soo is right. Why don't you try it?" Taeyeon asked. "What? Dating? I've told you, I'm busy." Tiffany declined not looking at Taeyeon. 'I can’t date someone yet, not when I'm still in love with you.' Sooyoung looked at Tiffany and sighed. She could practically read the other's mind. She knows "it". "Hey how about we all go to the mall today. I've heard they're on sale." Sooyoung suggested, trying to change the subject and Tiffany's more than thankful for that. "Right. You three should go." Sunny stated. "You're not coming with us?" Sooyoung asked her spouse. "Nah. I'll look after the cafe." Sunny replied. Sooyoung pouted at it. "Come on. It's been a while since you've been out with your friends." Sunny cheer her up with her kisses. "Okay fine. So mall?" Sooyoung asked. "That's great. I think I need it." Taeyeon agreed. "Sure." Tiffany agreed too.

The three did go to the mall and they did enter almost all the shops in there. They enjoyed shopping even though there are many people, they didn't bother since it's 'sale' so they could buy things they wanted for a cheaper price. "I almost didn't get to buy that precious bag. It's good that I was faster than that girl." Taeyeon stated and the two other laughed. They know how it feels. "True. You basically need to be fast on sale." Tiffany stated. "Hey, let's have a lunch. I'm starving." Sooyoung stated. "Wah. Really when it comes to food you're number one." Taeyeon . "Whatever. Let's go."

 

They settled down inside some fast food and ordered something that will satisfy their hunger. They were in the middle of eating while chatting until Tiffany notices someone oddly familiar. "Hey, isn't that Yuri?" Tiffany asked pointing at the girl sitting five tables away from them. "Oh it's her. I didn't know she's back." Sooyoung confirmed. "Wait she's with someone." Sooyoung added. The three of them looked carefully and what and who they saw made one broken and two shocked. "That's why?" Taeyeon chocked a sob. "Can we go? I don't feel good." Taeyeon asked. Sooyoung could only look at her with pity and Tiffany couldn't help but to be angry. "Let's get you out of here." Tiffany mumbled as she and Sooyoung help Taeyeon to carry her things and leave the place.

There they saw Jessica, Taeyeon’s said to be spouse was the one with Yuri. The worst part was she and the other was lip locked. They look happy together, they’re even so close together. And the thing that hurt Taeyeon the most was the spark at her spouse’s eyes. Eyes that is screaming love, love that Taeyeon didn’t felt for the past week. Now she knows why. All she wants to know now is hows and when.


A/N: So here's an update. Sorry for the long wait. I've been going back and forth to the hospital. 

So here is it. Any Comments, Suggestions, or reactions?