Six

LOVE?

After staying and spending the night at Tiffany’s house; Taeyeon decided to accept the fact that she needed to go and come back home. “Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany to your house?” Tiffany asked her friend and Taeyeon shakes her head. “I’m sure.” Taeyeon reassured her friend. Tiffany sighs and stood up from her bed and get near to Taeyeon. “Are you okay?” Tiffany asked her with eyes full of worry. “I’m fine, no need to worry.” Taeyeon smiled slightly. “Alright then. I’ll just accompany to the door.” Tiffany told her friend as she led the way downstairs. Once both of the reached the living room where Tiffany’s mom is, Taeyeon thanked her and bid her goodbye. “Make sure to come again, okay?” Tiffany’s mom told her as they give each other a hug. “I will auntie.” Taeyeon answered and gave the older a smile. “Good. Go now so that you’ll get their early.” Tiffany’s mom told her. Taeyeon bowed and waked away going to Tiffany who’s waiting for her at the door. “I’ll just see you next time?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany. “Yeah. Next time.” The other girl answered and the two of the smiled at each other. “So, I’ll get going then.” Taeyeon announced. “Be safe.” Tiffany wished her. “Thanks.” Taeyeon thanked her and started to walk out of the house. “Wait!” Before Taeyeon could walk further, she was stopped by Tiffany as the other grabbed her wrist. Taeyeon looked at her confusingly. “Here.” Tiffany told her as she handed a piece of paper to Taeyeon. The other girl looked at the paper then looked back to her friend again. “What’s that?” Taeyeon asked pointing at the paper. “It’s my number. Take it.” Tiffany answered her as she placed the paper at Taeyeon’s hand. “Text me when you got home.” Tiffany added. “Okay. I’ll make sure to text you.” Taeyeon told her. Once again both of the girls bid their goodbyes and Taeyeon continued walking as Tiffany watched her friend’s back as it slowly retreats. When Taeyeon was far away, Tiffany gets inside their house.

As Taeyeon have reached the gate of their house the atmosphere became gloomy again. She suddenly felt so sad again. Once she has ringed the doorbell, she was greeted by her worried maid. “Miss! You’re back, thank you.” Said the maid. “We were so worried about you, miss.” The other maid told her. “Where have you been? Your grandfather was really worried.” Then another comes. Taeyeon sighs before muttering a simple ‘sorry’. When she entered inside their house she saw her grandfather at the living room talking with some man wearing suit. When grandfather noticed her presence, he quickly got up from his seat and quickly goes to her granddaughter and hugged her. “Where have you been? I was so worried about you.” Taeyeon’s Grandfather asked her. “I called you last night, didn’t I?” Taeyeon answered a little bit coldly. Her grandfather could only sigh at her granddaughter’s behavior right now. “It’s good that you’re here now. We have something to talk about.” Taeyeon’s grandfather pecked her forehead before dragging her at the living room with him. Once they have entered the living room, Taeyeon’s grandfather introduced the guy he was talking earlier to her. “Taeyeon-ah, this is Mr. Lee. He’s the lawyer of your parents.” Mr. Lee stood up and offered a hand at Taeyeon. “Nice meeting you Miss Taeyeon.” “Nice meeting you too, Mr. Lee.” Taeyeon greeted back as they shake their hands. “Let’s take a sit first then let’s continue our discussion.” Taeyeon’s grandfather told them. Taeyeon on the other hand just followed her grandfather’s order and settle down quietly.

“So, as I was saying earlier. According to the last will and testament of Mr. and Mrs. Kim, all of their properties and bank account will be transferred under the name of Miss Taeyeon.” Mr. Lee told them. Upon hearing the statement, Taeyeon stood up and, “I don’t want it.” She stated. “Pardon?” Mr. Lee and her grandfather didn’t catch what she has told them. “I said I don’t want it!” She told them with a mixed sad and angry voice. “Taeyeon-ah. Please calm down.” Her grandfather calmed her down as he held her hand. “I don’t need their properties or their money! I don’t want anything!” Taeyeon burst out as a tear fell down on her cheeks. “Taeyeon.” Her grandfather looked at her with wide eyes same with Mr. Lee. “It’s them who I want!” Taeyeon shouted at them before storming off to her room. Both of the two men were shocked at Taeyeon’s outburst. “Let’s just let her for a while.” Taeyeon’s grandfather sighed as he told Mr. Lee to continue the meeting next time. Taeyeon’s grandfather stood up and headed at his granddaughter’s room. Once he have reached Taeyeon’s bedroom he knocked on the door and asked permission to get inside but got no response. Sighing, Taeyeon’s grandfather tried to open the door. Knowing that the door is unlocked he got inside the room and settled next to Taeyeon who is now under the blankets and crying. “Could we talk for a while?” Taeyeon’s grandfather asked her as he rubbed her back soothingly. Taeyeon agreed and she sat up facing her grandfather. “Come here.” He instructed Taeyeon as he pats the space beside him. Taeyeon moved next to her grandfather and hugged him as she cry on his shoulder. “It’s alright. I’m here. I won’t leave you.” Her grandfather told her as he combs her hair with his fingers. “Tomorrow we need to go to your parents’ funeral.” He told her. “I don’t think I can.” Taeyeon told her grandfather. “Yes you can. I’ll be there with you.” He reassured her granddaughter. “Didn’t you have a new friend? Why don’t you ask her to come with you so that you’ll be less lonely?” He added. Taeyeon looked up at her grandfather with her red puffy swollen eyes. “Can I?” She asked. “Of course. I haven’t seen you with a friend before and I want to meet my granddaughter’s friend.” He answered. “I’ll ask her.” Taeyeon mumbled. “Good. Now, I’ll go first and organize your parents’ funeral, okay?” He told her and got a nod from her granddaughter as a response. With that, Taeyeon was left at her room alone.

Taeyeon sit at the end of her bed letting her feet touched the floor as she looked at the window. It was so fast, once she felt excited now she felt numb. Everything looks so dull. Taeyeon bowed her head and sighed. “You’ve betrayed me.” She whispered to the air, chuckling as another tear fall again. She wiped her tears away as remembered her friend. She stood up and grabbed her phone at her desk and the paper inside her pocket. Instead of texting she decided to call her friend. She dialed the number and after a few rings Tiffany answered her call.

‘Hello?’

“Hey it’s me.”

‘Taeyeon?’

“Yeah. Were you waiting for other call?” Taeyeon asked her jokingly.

‘No! It’s just that I didn’t expect you to call since I told you to text me.’

“That’s nothing. I just want to ask you if you want to go with me at my parents’ funeral tomorrow.”

‘Sure, what time?’

“I’ll just text to you the details later on. Maybe I’ll just fetch you there.”

‘Okay then.’

“That’s all. See you tomorrow?”

‘Yeah. See you.’

With that Taeyeon ended the call and lay down on her bed again and closed her eyes. “It’s a new day again without them tomorrow.” Taeyeon mumbled before she fell into a deep slumber.


A/N: 7th chap is out. Thank you for my lovely subbies. ^_~