Ten

LOVE?

A peaceful morning greeted the Kim’s household as the grandfather and the granddaughter ate their breakfast quietly that the clatter of the spoon and fork could be only heard. “It’s your birthday this Saturday, have you planned anything?” The older Kim asked breaking the silence between them. “Nothing.” Taeyeon answered. “How ‘bout a party?” Grandpa Kim added. “No need” Taeyeon answered “It’s not like it’s something special to celebrate.” She added. “Of course it is, you are going to hold a party for your birthday and that’s final.” Grandpa Kim commanded as he points his fork to his granddaughter. “But grand-““No buts. “He cut Taeyeon’s excuse. “I’ve heard that you’ve been making new friends, I want you to invite them.” He added. “Fine.” Taeyeon just agreed as she sighed. ‘It’s not like I could do something about it.’ “Good. I’ll be inviting some of my companions and maybe you could befriend with their child.” Grandpa Kim told her. “Don’t worry about the party I’ll handle it, just invite your friends.” He added. “Okay, but what I’m going to tell them? It’s not like I know everything about this party.” Taeyeon asked.  “Just tell them that you’ll be having a birthday party this Saturday, maybe 6pm would be the best time.” Her grandpa answered. “Okay.” Taeyeon sighed. ‘Sorry honey but you need somebody to help you move on.’  Grandpa Kim sighed at her granddaughter’s actions. “I’m done eating. I’ll be going to school now.” Taeyeon stood up and kissed her grandfather’s cheeks. “Okay. Be sure to tell your friends.” “I will.” Taeyeon answered before leaving the house. 

“What’s taking her so long?” Tiffany muttered as she waited at the university gates since some friend of her texted her to wait for her since she will tell something to her. “Hey.” Taeyeon patted Tiffany’s shoulder as a sign that she have arrived. “There you are.” Tiffany sighed in relief. “What is it that you have to tell me?” Tiffany asked. “Let’s talk about it while walking, we might be late.” Taeyeon answered. The two of the start walking, as they entered through the gates Taeyeon started talking. “I want to invite you to my birthday party this Saturday.” “Birthday? It’s your birthday this Saturday?” Tiffany asked quite shocked. “Yeah.” Taeyeon answered. “Why didn’t you tell me earlier? It’s like two days away.” Tiffany scolded her friend. “I’m sorry?” Taeyeon mumbled as she fixed her eyes to the floor. “I’ll go.” Tiffany told her. “Really?” Taeyeon asked looking at her. “Of course it’s my friend’s birthday, why wouldn’t I?” Tiffany assures her with a grin placed on her lips. “Thanks.” Taeyeon replied with a smile. “Where will it be? And what time?” Tiffany asked. “At my house, 6pm.” Taeyeon answered. “Okay” Tiffany nodded. “Oh, could you tell this to Sooyoung for me?” Taeyeon asked. “Sure, no problem.” “Thanks.” The two bid their byes as they separate going to their own classes. 

As Tiffany entered their class, she saw Sooyoung talking to their other classmates so she decided to just go and sit to her seat. “Let’s talk later guys.” Sooyoung told her classmates since she saw her friend entered their room. “Hey.” Sooyoung greeted her friend as she settles down next to Tiffany.  “Hey to you too.” Tiffany answered. “What’s new today?” Sooyoung asked. “Nothing really.” Tiffany answered. “That’s not cool.” Sooyoung booed as Tiffany remembers the invitation suddenly. “Oh by the way, Taeyeon is asking us to come at her birthday.” Tiffany told the other. “When is it?” Sooyoung asked. “This Saturday, 6pm.” Tiffany answered “Okay. Have you already bought a gift for her?” Sooyoung asked once again. ‘Gift? I almost forgot about that, Thanks Soo.’ “Not Yet.” Tiffany answered. “Let’s buy it together.” The other suggested. “Sure, why not?” “Cool, let’s buy tomorrow after class.” Sooyoung added. “I’m okay with it.” Both of the two stop their chat as their Prof came in and start their lesson but Tiffany couldn’t focus at their lesson since she’s thinking about something. ‘What should I buy for her?’ 'What would she like?’ Her thoughts just go along with those two questions. Tiffany sighed as she cannot decide what to buy tomorrow. ‘There are things that I still don’t know about her, isn’t it?’ She sighed once again and tried to focus on their lesson instead.

When lunch came in the three met and ate together. “I’ve heard about your birthday. Tiff told me about it.” Sooyoung told Taeyeon. “Do you want something for your birthday?” Sooyoung added while Tiffany stopped eating and anticipate Taeyeon ‘s answer. “Nothing.” Taeyeon answered. “Come on, just tell me.” Sooyoung insist. “Nothing. Really.” Taeyeon answered once again. ‘Nothing? I anticipated it though.’ Then at the same time someone sat down with the three. “Hey guys. What are you talking about?” Jessica asked the trio. “We’re talking about our friend’s birthday party.” Sooyoung answered as points her finger towards Taeyeon. “Birthday?” Jessica asked. “Yep, you should come.” Sooyoung told her as she received a glare coming from Taeyeon who is currently blushing and a frown form at Tiffany’s lips. “Sure. When will it be?” Jessica asked. “This Saturday, 6pm.” Sooyoung answered with a grin. Oh just how she loves what she’s doing but sorry for her as Taeyeon kicked her shin under the table. “Ouch! Hey!” Sooyoung glared at Taeyeon. Jessica finds the scene funny and looked at Taeyeon whose completely blushing, ‘cute’ she thought. “Saturday?” Jessica asked as she frowned. “Yep.” Sooyoung answered as she rubs her sore shin. “Sorry, but I already have somewhere to attend that same day and time.” Jessica apologized as she remembered what her mom texted her. “Oh, that’s sad.” Sooyoung became sad knowing that the latter could not come. “That’s good to hear.” Tiffany mumbled quietly. “You’re saying something?” Jessica asked her. “Huh? Nothing. I’m just saying that the food here is great.” Tiffany lied as she pulled out a fake laugh. “Oh. I’m really sorry; I could not attend your party.” Jessica apologizes at Taeyeon. “It’s nothing.” Taeyeon tried to shrug it off but she couldn’t help to feel a little bit sad. “Advance Happy Birthday to you then.” Jessica greeted her. “Thank you.” Taeyeon blushed again and smile a little bit. 

The day goes on like that but Taeyeon couldn’t stop thinking about what happened during lunch. ‘Am I sad about it?’ ‘Taeyeon-ah, get hold of yourself.’ ‘I didn’t expect for her to come, do I?’ Thoughts about her feelings continuously swallow her mind as she cannot focus in what she is doing. She’s a lovesick puppy who’s sad about her “crush” not attending her birthday. Well she’s not the only one who’s sad, there is someone who failed to do her mission to bring her otp together, but there are so many chances in the future though.  


A/N: Sorry for the super late update. I've been busy and sick for a while but since school just ended I'll try to update more. :)