Epilogue

LOVE?

After 10 years, Tiffany found herself walking to the same path she used to trace in the past. She continued her way to the top of the hill and smiled after reaching the peek. "Ah. It's been a while." Tiffany smiled as she traced her fingers at the same old tree she knows. She head to the swing and placed the pink camellias she's been holding on it.

 

Tiffany smiled sadly as she looked up at the sky. Sighing, she began to spoke up. "How are you?" No response. "Did you miss me?" She asked once again but got no response. "Happy Anniversary, my love." She smiled. "Hope you're here to celebrate it with me. I missed you so much." Tiffany chuckled, bowing her head as tears formed in her eyes.

It's been 10 years after they got married and it's been a year after Taeyeon left her. They have been happy, yes. They were a perfect couple that others will be envy of. There were obstacles and they manage to surpass it together. But one thing made their lives change. It was in the middle of their 8th year of marriage when Taeyeon was diagnosed with cancer.

 

Our bodies have an "immune system" to recognize and eliminate foreign tissues such as viruses and bacteria. Unfortunately, our immune system also attacks transplanted organs. This is what happens when organs are rejected; they are recognized as foreign by the body. There are transplantation patients survival improved, but more patients eventually die from cancer. Same goes for Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon had a stage four cancer and it was already worst. Tiffany's co-doctors advised for them to prepare for the worst. At first Tiffany was denial and kept on encouraging the other that she'll live longer. Taeyeon stayed at the hospital for month until the day of their 9th wedding anniversary.

 

Flashback

 

"Fany-ah." Taeyeon called for her spouse weakly. "Mm?" "Can we go out?" "But you're still weak." Tiffany frowned as she caresses the other's hand. "Please." Taeyeon looked at her spouse sadly. Tiffany looked at her co-doctors who nod their head in agreement. "Fine. But we won't stay longer, okay?" Taeyeon nods her head and smiled slightly.

 

They head to the same place they first met upon Taeyeon's request. They were accompanied by two other doctors in case something might happen. They settled down at the swing, sitting beside each other with Taeyeon on Tiffany's embrace. "Thank you." Taeyeon started. "For what?" "For being with me." "I promised didn't I?" Tiffany chuckled.

 

"I like it this way, you with me." Taeyeon smiled slightly. "I'm so happy that I could die right now." "Hey don't say that, okay? I don't know what I'll do if I lost you." Tiffany frowned. "I'm getting sleepy." Taeyeon stated as she leaned her head into Tiffany's shoulders. "Sleep. I'll be here. I won't leave." Tiffany stated as she brushed the other's hair. "I love you." Taeyeon stated before closing her eyes. "I love you too. Sleep well, my love." Tiffany placed a kiss on top of Taeyeon's head before her tears came out from her eyes.

 

Taeyeon didn't wake up.

"As the world moved forward, I stood in great darkness. Frozen, broken, and shattered into pieces, I knew it was real... You were gone." Tiffany chuckled bitterly. “Your death changed me. It took me with you." Tiffany lose it, she began to cry. "I-I look up to the sky and talk to you. What I wouldn't give to hear you talk back. I miss your voice, I miss your laughter, and I miss everything about you." Tiffany got her hand clamped over as she cried nonstop.

 

It's been a year but for Tiffany, the wound in her heart was still fresh. It takes time to heal but just like what she said before, 'Feelings don't die easily because we keep feeding them with memories.' It's hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember. For Tiffany, even though it'll hurt her. She will never forget the person she have loved and will continue to love. It'll be only Kim Taeyeon in her life, no one could replace her. No one.


A/N: It has come to end. Please don't hate me! XD This is not called angst for nothing.

Thank you for all who supported this story until the end. It means a lot to me. Love you all. 

Pink Camellias means longing.