Twenty

LOVE?

After the incident at the mall the three head to Tiffany's house since Taeyeon didn't feel going home. There in the living room sited a broken girl who's crying at all might. "Hey calm down." Sooyoung stated as she caress Taeyeon's back trying to comfort the later but Taeyeon only shook her head. "S-so t-that's why?" Taeyeon laughed bitterly as tears continued to flow out from her eyes. "Did something happen between the two of you?" Tiffany asked. "I-I d-don't know. I-it's just that s-she became distant from m-me this d-days." Taeyeon replied.

 

"Why?" Taeyeon asked as she started hitting herself. "Hey, stop. Please don't hurt yourself." Tiffany grabbed both the other's hand to stop her. "I-I can't. I-I love her." Taeyeon cried harder. "Is love supposed to hurt?" Taeyeon asked. "It's better to break your own heart by leaving, rather than having that person breaks your heart every day you're with them." Sooyoung hugged her friend as she continues to comfort the other. "I-I really love her t-that it hurts so much. I-I can't leave her." Taeyeon shook her head in disgrace.

 

But even before the two could speak again, Taeyeon clutch her hand into her chest as she began to become breathless. "Hey, are you okay?" Tiffany panicked as she saw her friend like that. "Br-breathe. I-I c-can't b-breathe." Taeyeon replied as she tried to catch her breath, gasping for oxygen. "Let's bring her to the hospital quick." Sooyoung and Tiffany helped Taeyeon stand and rushed her quickly to the hospital.

"She's stable now." Tiffany sighed as she looks at her friend who looks completely lifeless right now. "Thank God." It's Sooyoung's turn to sigh. "Have you called her guardian?" Sooyoung asked. "I've contacted her grandfather he will be here in an hour." "Here. Results." Sooyoung held out the papers to Tiffany. As Tiffany scanned through the papers frown formed in her lips. "It's already worst isn't it?" Sooyoung spoke up. "She never had experience any symptoms until now. Maybe the crying triggered it." Sooyoung added. "But how? I've seen her cry before but nothing happened." Tiffany got confused. "Love could really kill, huh?" Sooyoung chuckled.

 

"She's going to survive." Tiffany encouraged. "I know. You'll do anything what it'll take, right?" Sooyoung asked and Tiffany just nods her head. "You really love her don't you? Help her. Save her." Sooyoung added. "What do you mean?" "Heal her heart. I know you can, you love her." "That's not easy. She loves her." Tiffany looked down. "I know. But maybe this will be your chance to make her yours. I know that I've taken like of them being together but I regretted it on the day you've told of how you feel. Today, it became clear to me that she's not the one for her." Sooyoung explained.  "I don't want to use this chance just to make her mine. She's still broken. I'll heal and make her live longer. She needs to change her heart." Tiffany sighed for one last time.

"How's my granddaughter?" Grandpa Kim asked as soon as he arrived at Taeyeon's room. "I'm sorry to say but she has Con Heart Disease. A valve in her heart doesn't close properly. We've already conducted tests because there's an unusual sound or heart murmur that can be heard coming from her heart." Tiffany explained. "What can we do now?" Grandpa Kim was beyond worried. "In her case, it's already severe so." Tiffany paused as she looked sadly at Taeyeon's grandfather. "She needs to have a heart transplant." Grandpa Kim began to tear up upon hearing those.

 

"Will she survive after the transplant?" "Patients with severe forms of heart failure that requires transplantation, the one year mortality rate are 80%. Overall, five year survival in patients with any form of heart failure is less than 50%.Compare these outcomes with cardiac transplant. After heart transplant, five year survival averages about 50%-60%. One year survival averages about 85%-90%." Tiffany explained. "She'll survive, trust me. Even though after the surgery we still have to make sure that she's healthy." She added. "I see. Can I know what happened before she got here?" Grandpa Kim asked that made Tiffany tense. "Um... She suddenly told us that she's having a difficulty with breathing also as you can see she already have cyanosis due to lack of oxygen." Tiffany half lied. Well she couldn't just say what exactly happened to Taeyeon's grandfather. "It's better if you'll find a donor sooner. I'll talk to her once she wakes up." She added. "Alright. Thank you."

The time Taeyeon woke up she saw her "spouse" sitting beside her bed. "Thank God you're awake." Jessica exclaimed that made Taeyeon laughed bitterly. "Why are you here?" Taeyeon asked coldly. "I was so worried when your grandfather told me that you were brought at the hospital." "Worried?" Taeyeon scoffed and Jessica frowned at it. "Is there something wrong?" Jessica asked caressing Taeyeon's cheeks but the later brushed her hands away. "I want to talk to Tiffany." "Okay. I'll call her." Jessica plants a kiss on Taeyeon's forehead before leaving. It hurts Taeyeon seeing the person she loves dearly acting as if she cared about her when in reality she's not.

"Hey." Tiffany greeted as she walked inside. "Jessica told me that you wanted to talk to me." "Mmm. Can I ask something?" "Sure. Anything." Tiffany sat at the chair beside Taeyeon's bed. "Am I going to die?" Taeyeon asked sadly. "No of course not. You just need to have a heart transplant." Tiffany held Taeyeon's hand to comfort her. "Heart transplant?" "We've already found a donor it’s good that your grandpa has connections."

 

"I don't want it." "What? Taeyeon please." Tiffany pleaded. "I can't. I'm afraid to lose my feelings for her. I love her and this heart beats for her." Taeyeon placed her hand on her chest. "Taeyeon-ah. You need to undergo the transplant. If not, what about those people who loves you?" "You're wrong. Nobody loves me." Taeyeon tear up. "That's not true. You still have me, Sooyoung, and your grandpa." "But I can't have her." "Taeyeon, please. Stop being so stubborn. Why can't you do this for us? Your world doesn't revolve around her." Tiffany was getting annoyed. "What's the use of getting a heart transplant if I will not going to have someone to get back to." Taeyeon scoffed. "Why is it all about her?! Why can't you look around see the people who are always there for you?! Why can't you feel that I love you?!" Taeyeon became shocked after hearing the other's outburst.

 

"I can't lose you, okay?" Tiffany began to cry. "Since when?" Taeyeon asked. "Ever since I saw you. Just please do this even not for me but for your grandpa. If you're worried about losing your love for Jessica, don't worry. Love comes from the mind not from the heart. You might have changed your heart but your feelings and memories are kept within you." Tiffany sighed as she stood up. "Feelings don't die easily because we keep feeding them with memories. Please think over it. I ask you." Tiffany looked at Taeyeon sadly before leaving the room.

'Why is it all about her?! Why can't you look around see the people who are always there for you?! Why can't you feel that I love you?!' That line kept on repeating on Taeyeon's mind. 'How could I not notice? Was I too blind?' 'Did I choose the wrong person at the first place?' Taeyeon keep on wondering about things. At the end she remembered all the things Tiffany have done for her. Even though it hurts the other, Tiffany keep on supporting and helping her at times when she needed her. She knows how it hurts to see someone you love with someone else, she experienced it earlier. And lastly Tiffany's right, she might lose the person she love forever, she still have someone that is there for her.

 

'I've decided.'


A/N: Another update. What could possibly happen now?