Two

LOVE?

I raised my left hand to cover my eyes from the blinding sunlight slipping through the curtains and I groaned as I hear my alarm rings. I stirred and move around my bed before I completely woke up from my sleep and turned the alarm off. ‘It’s already morning.’ I sighed as I detached myself from the bed. I stretched my arms first before I fixed my bed. After fixing my bed I decided to head to the bathroom to take a bath. After a couple of minutes I got out of the bathroom. My eyes roam around my room as I settled my eyes at the calendar, seeing what day is today, I smiled widely as I remember something. ‘Finally, they’re coming home.’ I waste no time and quickly put up my best clothes. I looked at my reflection at the mirror and smiled at myself. ‘I’m so happy!’ I quickly get out of my room and dashed downstairs.

“Good Morning miss.” I heard one of our maids greeted me; let's just say that I did grow up from a well-off family, “Good Morning!” I greeted back and smiled. “You seemed to be so happy today, what happened?” she asked me. “Of course, they will be coming back home today!”  I happily answered back. “Miss, you’re breakfast is ready!” I heard the other maid shouted from the dining room. “Coming.” I answered as I head quickly at the dining room. “Good Morning miss." "Morning!” I greeted back before settling down and ate my breakfast happily. After a few minutes, “I’m finished, Thanks for the food.” I thanked our maid and head to the living room.

I found myself standing in front of the wall and the table where our pictures were hanged and placed. I looked at our family picture and held one picture frame with their picture in it. ‘I miss you, mom, and dad.’ I smiled at my thought. My parents are coming back home today. They have been staying at US for a year already, business they reasoned out; it’s been a long time since I’ve seen them. ‘I really miss them.’ Now they will be back, they promised me that they’ll be home today and I can’t really wait to see them. ‘When they’ll arrive I’m going to crush them in a bear a hug and showered them with thousands of kisses.’ I chuckled at my own thought. I carefully placed their picture back at the table when someone suddenly spoke up.

“You’re early today.” I heard a familiar voice behind me and i quickly hugged that person. “Good Morning, grandpa.” “Good Morning, my dear.” My grandfather greeted me as he hugged me back. “Have you eaten your breakfast already?” He asked me as he separates us from the hug. “Yes, how about you grandpa?” I asked him back. “Yes. You woke up earlier than the usual, and you seemed to be so happy today, what’s up?” “Hmmp. As if you don’t know what day is today?” I crossed my arms and pouted hearing my grandpa’s question. “Hmm. Well I do know what day is today, isn’t it Saturday?” “Grandpa!” I gasped at his answer. He laughed at my reaction and pats my head like a kid. “I’m just kidding. They should be here in a moment.” He stated as he sat down and grabbed the newspaper at the coffee table and starts reading it. “I know. I can’t wait!” I stated happily as I sat down beside him.

While waiting for my parents’ arrival many thoughts comes to my mind until I heard a crashing sound. I woke up from my thoughts and looked where the sound came from. When I saw what it was my eyes get wide and I quickly stand up and run towards it and picked I up. ‘It can’t be.’ It was my parents’ picture lying at the floor, frame’s broken and scattered along with it. ‘Nothing bad can happen, right?’ I began to get worry. At that moment I heard running footsteps. “Sorry to interrupt you sir, miss.” It was my parents’ secretary, I can see from his face that there’s a problem.

“Why are you so rushed? Something happened?” My grandpa asked him. “An accident happens.” He replied. “What accident?” I asked him back. I can see the sadness and worry in his eyes, and then I caught him staring at my parents’ picture that I’m holding. ‘It can’t be.’ He hesitated a little bit and stared down at the floor before answering. “I’m sorry to say this but the plane that your parents’ riding got crushed-““No!” I cut him off. I was so shocked and I can feel my eyes tear up. “I’m sorry miss.” “Where are they?” My grandpa asked. “I’m sorry sir, they, they already died.” He answered with a sad tone. ‘No! No! You can’t die! You promised me!’ “It’s alright my dear. Calm down. Everything will be alright, I’m still here.” My grandpa told me and hugged me soothingly. ‘How can you be so calm? How can I calm down?’ “I’m really sorry miss.” I cried and cried.

 I suddenly broke the hug and stood up and ran out of our house. I heard them calling me but I kept on running until I arrived at the place where I and my parents hang out before. I sat at the swing my dad made for me and sat there as memories flashed to my mind, memories together with them, the ones that I love, but now they’re gone. Forever. I can’t help it but I can’t stop my tears from falling.

Not until…


A/N 3rd chap. is up! Sorry for waiting.