Hyuk's Dream - First Loves

Long Lost Dreams
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunhyuk's Dream - (Hyuk's PoV)

There was a bright light. The room was very big but there was only one bed in the middle of it. Near the window there were two armchairs, and in it Donghae and someone else were sitting. They didn’t seem to have heard the boys coming in, so Eunhyuk used that to get closer. As he did, he could see that the person next to Hae was a girl, but he couldn’t see her face yet.

Donghae on the other hand, he could see his face very clearly and he was harboring the brightest of smiles. The last time Eunhyuk saw Hae smiling like this was… Suddenly Eunhyuk bumped by accident on something on the floor making the two young people on the window to turn around. And then he just froze. His whole body got cold and then warm and then cold again, cold sweat forming at the back of his neck. Donghae’s face seemed horrified, like if Eunhyuk just got him with the biggest lie ever. And he just did. In a fraction of seconds his brain had gone north, then south, then back, and he could still not wrap his head on the vision before him. There was no doubt about whom it was, but at the same time, logic wanted it to be impossible. Because logically, dead people can’t come back to life…Turning around the young girl had recognized him too. 

Her eyes enlightened and she ran to jump on Eunhyuk’s neck.

“Hyukkie!!!!”

He couldn’t hug her back because he was still frozen in surprise, but that didn’t stop her from cuddling him as close as she could until he couldn’t breathe anymore.

Suddenly, he crossed Donghae’s eyes and he saw so many contradictory feelings that he got lost in it. But one thing prevailed, a fear, a huge fear that now everything would change. Their perfect life would change forever. Horrified by that thought, Eunhyuk pushed the girl away from him and when he was about to say something, he got cut by someone else’s voice...

 “Minha?”

That frail and broken voice came from behind the thin dancer remembered that he didn’t come alone to the hospital. All eyes turned to Leeteuk that seemed more surprised than happy.

The thin boy knew how he felt because himself, at this moment, was feeling the exact same thing. At the difference that the thing that prevented him from being completely happy was Donghae… But, Leeteuk… His one and true love just came back from the dead. That’s when…

“Who are you?”

Leeteuk’s face literally dropped, as did his heart.

A few crazy ideas went through Eunhyuk’s mind to explain what was happening but none made really sense. But well… A girl that just resurrected in front of him didn’t make any sense either. So he simply answered.

“That’s my brother.” he said as a reflex.

Amnesia. For sure she had amnesia… But she remembered his name didn’t she?

Donghae seemed to wake up from his stupor and came closer to take Minha by the shoulder.

“That’s Park Jung Soo, or, as he likes to be called, Leeteuk. He is Eunhyuk’s older brother.”

“I didn’t know he had a brother…”

She hadn’t said it very loudly, it was intended only for Donghae’s ears, but unfortunately Leeteuk heard it very well. The two younger boys could see tears forming in Leeteuk’s eyes as Minha bowed to him respectfully.

“I’m Lee Minha, nice to meet you.”

He didn’t bow back, and no one said a word. They stayed in that awkward silence, until Minha turned to Donghae with questioning eyes, she was concerned that she said or did something wrong.

He made every effort to smile to her gently.

“Min… I know you’re very happy to see Eunhyuk but can you leave us some time? I should explain to them.”

“Yes, you probably should…” she turns smiling to Eunhyuk. “I’m so happy to see you, you have no idea!”

That simple sentence gave Eunhyuk shivers. It was Minha’s voice; it was her smile, her face, and her love he could feel. That’s the moment Eunhyuk chose to put logic aside. He couldn’t care less if she was supposed to be dead. He didn’t care that, what he had before his eyes, was impossible. The only thing that mattered right now was that Minha was back. Forgetting everything around him, he pulled the girl back into his arms and hugged her, as to prove himself that she was real.

Her so close, he could smell her delicious perfume; feel her hair tickling his face and her warmth against him. All that woke many memories up, that he couldn’t help and feel nostalgic…

“You came back… you came back to me…”

It was crazy talk. All his hopes from 3 years ago came back in a confuse wave of emotions. She was alive! She was alive for him. Eunhyuk finally let her go.

“I’ll be back soon.” he promised her.

Donghae was already at the door doing his best to make Leeteuk leave the room. Eunhyuk followed them with difficulty too, he was afraid that she would disappear as soon as he would close the door. Finally they all went out and Donghae made a sign for them to follow him to another hallway. When they were far enough from the room they stopped.; Surprisingly it was Leeteuk who spoke the first.

“What the hell was that?”

“I’m sorry…  I’m so sorry…” was the only thing Donghae could say.

The brunet was crying now. With his head down, he kept on saying “I’m sorry” over and over again. But instead of feeling relieved that his boyfriend wasn’t indeed cheating on him, Eunhyuk got more and more annoyed by his sorrys…

“How long?” he finally asked. “For how long did you know she was alive?”

“For a month…” the brunet said between two sobs.

A month already… a whole month that Donghae was lying to him. Eunhyuk could understand why the brunet kept it a secret. He knew Donghae better than he knew himself, and he could imagine how terrifying it must’ve been to realize that everything would change now. Eunhyuk was afraid of the future while Donghae was terrified of the past… and Minha was his past. So Eunhyuk could understand the situation very well, but he couldn’t help but be a bit mad at him for lying and keeping a big secret like that to himself. After all Eunhyuk had as much right to know, than anyone else.

Leeteuk slid to the floor, his head in his hands. 

 “Explain.” demanded Eunhyuk, coldly.

Donghae then told them how she allegedly survived the crash and how she became amnesiac, and then explained how she had her memories back, except for the year before the accident.

“They say she can’t remember because of a traumatic event that year.”

Leeteuk looked up with horrified eyes and started mumbling.

“She doesn’t remember me… she doesn’t remember me…”

Donghae knelt next to his hyung and took him by the shoulder, trying the best he could to console him.

Eunhyuk noticed that Donghae too, was trembling… The brunet was avoiding Eunhyuk’s gaze since he got discovered, and the thin boy could see he was terrified of his reaction to it. Eunhyuk himself didn’t really know what he wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter